GliderCENTRAL

Eating habits

Posted By: Mumzi

Eating habits - 03/22/15 12:18 PM

Hey guys, I'm not sure if this would go under health or behavior so we will start here. I have 3 little ladies and for the past 2 days they have not touched their BML things were great they were eating every drop up until 2 days ago. Nothing has changed, I'm so confused. They are still eating their fruits and veggies but I know they need their calcium and vitamins. They each have their own bowl as they always have and they don't seem to be aggressive towards each other. I make sure I don't feed them anything they are not supposed to eat and I don't feel I give them to many treats. I only set out "real" food at night so I'm really confused as to why they haven't eaten their BML? Any suggestions would be great...
Posted By: CandyOtte

Re: Eating habits - 03/22/15 02:42 PM

Gliders appetites vary just as human appetites can.

There are many things that might cause them to eat less for a few nights - changes in weather, full moon or they may be in heat. Only the gliders know.

if you are feeding them the BML mixed with the fruits and vegetables - change things up and offer the BML separately or on the other hand if you already feed the food items separately try letting the BML melt over the fruits and veggies.

You can also just wait another day or so and see if the gliders just start eating everything again on their own.

Quote:
They each have their own bowl as they always have and they don't seem to be aggressive towards each other.

I always wonder if gliders actually know they are supposed to eat from their own bowl.

I offer my colonies one plate but it is a divided baby plate with veggies in the largest section, fruit in a small one and their GliderKids Staple in the other small section. They all gather around the plate and share nicely because they can all eat easily from the large dish at one time. They do like to grab a piece of fruit or veggies and carry them to their personal favorite spot in the cage to munch on though.

Re: Eating habits - 03/22/15 02:56 PM

Oh wow that sounds like such a great idea to just use one large plate and let them eat together.

Re: Eating habits - 03/22/15 03:01 PM

Ya know I really need to try to relax. I'm driving myself and everyone else crazy because any little thing they do out of the ordinary I start to freak and think something is wrong with them. I've read so much stuff on here that it scares me that they are sick just because they put an ear down for a second lol. I think I just might take a deep breath and enjoy my little angels for a while ;-)
Posted By: Ladymagyver

Re: Eating habits - 03/22/15 05:57 PM

Changing things up helps! Our girls are on BML too. I don't get too worried if they don't finish it every night.
© 2024 GliderCENTRAL