GliderCENTRAL

Jealous glider

Posted By: dinah505

Jealous glider - 09/11/15 04:05 PM

I have a few Gliders who were my first Joeys that come to visit a couple times a year whilst their mommy tree goes on vacation. They remember me because I see them every couple of weeks so we love them to visit. I get to take them out and play with them when them every morning when they are visiting. I have three colonies of gliders at home and I don't have a problem with any of the gliders being jealous but one and only when we have the regular visitors. Critter is my wonderful bra baby who never knows a human she can't like but she only likes the gliders in her colony but she only has this one particular behavior when the visitors come. She will bite me then rub her head on me all over me and my clothes. Any idea on why?
Posted By: mechnut450

Re: Jealous glider - 09/11/15 08:25 PM

she marking you as her's and trying to warn the visiting gliders to stay off her tree.
Posted By: Feather

Re: Jealous glider - 09/11/15 11:59 PM

Oh Yea! Your getting attitude.

The nip is to tell you she is [censored] your playing with other gliders and then she is marking you to let the other gliders know that you are her human!

You have a possessive little gremlin!

Re: Jealous glider - 09/12/15 04:05 AM

Lol tonight she was waiting for me after I got off work at 4pm she's really a pill we got some one on one momMA tree Critter time
Posted By: Amy34

Re: Jealous glider - 09/14/15 03:49 PM

You have a territorial little one. lol

I have 2 separate bonded pairs and one pair will rub themselves on us if the other pair has just been out before them.

Re: Jealous glider - 09/14/15 06:32 PM

:agreed:
Posted By: gary

Re: Jealous glider - 09/15/15 09:48 PM

yes indeed..lol
Posted By: MUNCHI_3

Re: Jealous glider - 01/07/16 08:20 PM

I experienced a similar behavior when I brought home my second glider, Slider (my current glider) sniffed my hands like crazy, ran up my arm and marked me then went back to his tree house hut. I guess its heart warming to know he recognizes me a "his", I just hope hes not too jealous that I brought another baby home
© 2024 GliderCENTRAL