GliderCENTRAL

Sleeping under the pouch?

Posted By: LeahP

Sleeping under the pouch? - 09/21/15 12:28 PM

I got twins this Saturday (male and female) and they've been doing great! Of course there's been some crabbing, but the only bites I've received have been treat searching and I'm working on trying to stop that by making a hissing noise as I see they're about to bite. I wouldn't care except it isn't gentle, they've already cracked my boyfriend's fingernail.
Anyway, for both the days they've been here, the little girl has gone to sleep in the pouch, but the little boy has gone to sleep UNDER the pouch. I think that should be fine because of my setup. Basically I've got a hammock hanging in the cage, and I laid the pouch they came in on top of the hammock. So basically he's between the pouch and the hammock, and he seems perfectly content. Is this okay though? Should I be moving him back into the pouch, or can I continue leaving him alone?
Posted By: CindyBee

Re: Sleeping under the pouch? - 09/21/15 05:01 PM

it sounds like they are still getting used to you. Bonding takes a lot of patience and sometimes heartache but in the end it's very rewarding. I would recommend reading the following articles to help you.

I would also recommend tent time..I do tent time with all my new gliders and it really helps. But take your time and go at their pace..if they are biting you may be moving to fast for them...but don't lose faith..the reward in the end is awesome it just takes time.

Building a relationship

Into the bonding pit
Posted By: LeahP

Re: Sleeping under the pouch? - 09/22/15 12:59 AM

Yeah, they're definitely still getting used to me! They actually allowed me to pet them today. I was just wondering if it's all right that they're sleeping under the pouch instead of in it so that I can make sure to get them in if not. smile
Posted By: Feather

Re: Sleeping under the pouch? - 09/22/15 08:31 PM

It takes time, bonding doesn't just happen over night. Be patient.
© 2024 GliderCENTRAL