GliderCENTRAL

Do gliders also mark with poop?

Posted By: SuggieSamantha

Do gliders also mark with poop? - 09/23/15 12:29 AM

Hey, guys! I've been doing tent time with my gliders for a few weeks now and the last week or two my biter, Billy, has been climbing on my back as soon as I get him out of the pouch, pooping, and smearing it all over my back and shoulders. Do you think he's marking me with it or is it just coincidence? He also pees on my shoulders but he poops A LOT. Besides that, things have been going great. Last night when I put the food in he actually climbed on my hand to eat an apple and didn't bite me at all which is a complete first! Normally he hides behind the pouch when I put the food in. smile
Posted By: dinah505

Re: Do gliders also mark with poop? - 09/23/15 04:27 AM

:sick: :sick: ewwe mine do that too it is gross
Posted By: CandyOtte

Re: Do gliders also mark with poop? - 09/23/15 02:41 PM

Most gliders just need to poop and pee when they first come out of their pouch after sleeping.

Give him a little time in the cage to go before you take him out or put a tissue under his backside to catch the poop before you begin playing with him to reduce soiling your clothes. Most gliders will pee again to mark you when and where they choose but will poop less if given a chance to go when they first wake up.
Posted By: SuggieSamantha

Re: Do gliders also mark with poop? - 09/24/15 11:57 PM

I try this but he isn't friendly so capturing him once he's up is hard. He won't let me hold a tissue under him. He actually will poop, climb on me, poop on whatever skin is exposed, and smear it in. If I'm wearing a shirt he'll do it on my arm.
© 2024 GliderCENTRAL