GliderCENTRAL

Gliders Acting Bizarre!

Posted By: Carson

Gliders Acting Bizarre! - 02/03/16 12:33 PM

Anyone ever have their gliders act like they've lost their minds? Last night they got up and when they got out of the bonding pouch, acted like they were spooked. They had snake tails going on and wouldn't come down to the bottom of the cage. They just kept crawling quickly across the top and looking down. Then they both started running like maniacs in separate wheels for quite some time. I put a new basket in there with some old toys but that can't be it. When I got up this morning they still were doing their snake tails and almost acted like they were freaked out by one another. They did seem like they wanted to jump on me more than normal too. Nothing has changed. They have approved diets, cage, toys, wheels and everything else. They've gone to bed now and are in their pouch together. Does this make any sense? Anyone ever have their gliders act crazy?
Posted By: Philwojo

Re: Gliders Acting Bizarre! - 02/03/16 01:59 PM

Something has changed, you said it, the basket. Take it out and see what happens.

Where was it previously? Remember gliders are very scent oriented, so if it came from somewhere with another s entry they might not like that.

Phil

Re: Gliders Acting Bizarre! - 02/03/16 02:06 PM

Thank you Phil. I did take it out! Someone suggested to me it could be barometric pressure that was freaking them out. I've only had them 7 months so I'm still figuring out all their idiosyncrasies. It started to rain last night here and is supposed to rain all day long. Perhaps the drop in pressure freaked them out?
Posted By: Ladymagyver

Re: Gliders Acting Bizarre! - 02/04/16 12:14 AM

Full moon does it too. Just FYI.

And yes barometric pressure will make them act strange.

Mine did that after a mouse visited their cage. I saw the little guy climb right up the leg of the cage and peek in. Probably smelled their food. My girls went nuts. Barked for 2 nights after that. I caught the mouse and had to scrub everything down before they would calm down.

Re: Gliders Acting Bizarre! - 02/04/16 03:28 PM

It was definitely barometric pressure! I found an old post on this forum that described what my boys were doing to a T!
Posted By: nicoleejeanne

Re: Gliders Acting Bizarre! - 02/04/16 03:32 PM

Mika was acting a little odd as well, we live in Albany and it was crappy weather here too.

Re: Gliders Acting Bizarre! - 02/04/16 03:33 PM

I'm about 3 hours from you and we had a ton of rain come through and they were out of their minds. Saw a little snake tail last night and a tiny bit this morning but they are mostly back to their old selves! Thankfully. I'd never seen anything like it before!
Posted By: EllieTheMuMu

Re: Gliders Acting Bizarre! - 02/16/16 03:56 AM

Oh Albany I used to live there till I graduated college!

Havent seen Snake tailing before anyone have a video or maybe a link to the thread you found!? Sounds interesting!

Sorry If I hijacked your thread btw
© 2024 GliderCENTRAL