GliderCENTRAL

Spay & Neuter

Posted By: Colleen

Spay & Neuter - 08/15/16 07:03 PM

Hello. I have rescued 2 babies from 2 different families. They weren't able to care for them any longer. This is our first experience with gliders but I am determined and researching like crazy.

So first I adopted Gunner anot almost 3 yr old male. And gidget a 1 year old female. Currently they are still in separate cages, swapping pouches and introducing smells and sounds. We will be preparing to introduce them in a neutral space shortly. And then put them both into a big cage that will be new to both of them.

Well my question is. Gunner was adopted from someone who thought the breeder fixed all their gliders before allowing get adoption. I have an appt at vet today for both but was wondering if that was a normal thing for breeders to do?

Thanks in advance. I work with the lady I adopted Gunner from so I know she didn't do it.
Posted By: KarenE

Re: Spay & Neuter - 08/15/16 07:33 PM

Females are not spayed as it is a much too complicated surgery since their organs are so very tiny.

Males are simply neutered. The vet should be able to tell if your male has been neutered. If he has been, you have no worries about joeys smile

Re: Spay & Neuter - 08/15/16 08:02 PM

Thanks Karen! Anxious to see if my Gunner boy has been fixed.

Re: Spay & Neuter - 08/15/16 10:19 PM

Well Gunner and Gidget are healthy and have had their nails trimmed. Gunner is not able to make babies. So at least we know now.
Posted By: KarenE

Re: Spay & Neuter - 08/15/16 10:24 PM

clap One less expense you have to worry about. Good to know.
© 2024 GliderCENTRAL