GliderCENTRAL

No Pom means neutered right?

Posted By: lilqwen

No Pom means neutered right? - 04/25/17 08:16 PM

So I started a separate topic for this, because I'm trying to get a buddy for my little guy and I'm in talks with a guy right now to take in his girl. But before I bring in another glider I'd like to double check that he is indeed neutered. He has an appointment with my vet next week (so that I can have a health check for both gliders at the same time), so I can double check then. But in the meantime for my peace of mind I'd like to know. He was sold to me as being neutered, and doesn't have a pom or a bald spot. But I do believe they were off about how old he is, at the store they said he was 10 weeks oop, but I know he's too big to be that age. I'm not sure if a neutered male will still even get a bald spot when they hit puberty or how that works. Can someone please give me some info on how all that works?

I had a colony of gliders years ago (over 10 years), that I took in when a friend no longer wanted them. They were older, so they only lived with me about 5 years before they started passing. I was told the males in the colony were fixed after they had a few babies (that's where some of the colony came from), my friend had sold some of the babies and kept some that they liked. I'm not even sure how many babies they had in total, but when she was done with them is when she wanted to get rid of them and had the males fixed. So I never had babies, and know who was a boy and who was a girl off of what she told me. I did do my research on the little guys at the time, and knew from the pouches who was a girl and what to feed them, but because it's been so long I've forgotten a lot of that stuff and am starting from scratch on my knowledge. I don't want to breed at all and am trying to take proper precautions before bringing in another glider.
Posted By: Feather

Re: No Pom means neutered right? - 04/25/17 09:18 PM

No pom and no bald spot could mean neutered male or a female. Can you get a picture of his belly?

Re: No Pom means neutered right? - 04/27/17 07:16 AM

It took forever to get a good picture of his belly lol but this is the best I could get.
Posted By: Feather

Re: No Pom means neutered right? - 04/27/17 04:32 PM

I blew up the photo and I don't see a pom, so I will say neutered.

Re: No Pom means neutered right? - 04/27/17 06:54 PM

Yay! Thanks so much for your help!
© 2024 GliderCENTRAL