GliderCENTRAL

New noises sound like "fussing" after adding new toy?

Posted By: Claralice

New noises sound like "fussing" after adding new toy? - 12/29/17 05:26 AM

Over the past week I have received glider toys that I have ordered from a few sites. I put one of the new ones in last night and later in the evening-it sounded like an argument was going on. Both glider boys were louder verbally plus basically just bouncing all over their cage. This went on for quite some time but eventually they quieted.
Is this a concern. I had never heard the noise before and the new toy went in so I sort of assumed that was what was going on but wanted to ask opinions.
Posted By: Feather

Re: New noises sound like "fussing" after adding new toy? - 12/29/17 06:35 AM

I would say that it is normal romping and tag. Mine bounce around too.
Posted By: Terry

Re: New noises sound like "fussing" after adding new toy? - 12/29/17 06:46 PM

Awe, maybe the new toy spiked the punch so to say. I agree with Kim, but it wouldn't hurt to listen out a bit and watch some too. Even if it's for your own amusement.

Re: New noises sound like "fussing" after adding new toy? - 12/29/17 08:16 PM

LOL! I did watch them last night for a bit. They were playing with their new toys and sort of playing/arguing over who was in the basket!
They threw all the little pom balls everywhere and the plastic babies are all in the bottom of their tray. Looks like it was just fun times with the new toys!

Re: New noises sound like "fussing" after adding new toy? - 12/30/17 12:31 PM

shock shakehead smile

Re: New noises sound like "fussing" after adding new toy? - 01/03/18 05:15 AM

LOL! I added a new toy, took one out and added a crape myrtle limb. Wow! These guys went total nuts! I do feel like I may have used up all their space and now I am wondering if I need to pull more toys out to give them more room. Cage is decent size 3x2x4 but now it seems crowded-though they seem happy?
Posted By: Ladymagyver

Re: New noises sound like "fussing" after adding new toy? - 01/03/18 04:32 PM

I've tried both scenarios. Mine seem to like a lot of stuff in their cage.

They like to have a place to nap, a place to watch the world outside their cage at night while chilling out. I call it their hunting mode.

As long as there is some room for them to jump, they should be fine.

Re: New noises sound like "fussing" after adding new toy? - 01/03/18 07:41 PM

I got to agree with Dawn on this one and only add you have to get to know your gliders and what they like.

I also have gone from a fairly full cage to a more sparse one, and with my gliders, I don't believe it matters how much is in there, as long as they can jump some. Now the jumping seems to be more of Ollie's thing more so than my girls, well Skadoosh now. However it does seem important to them for certain things to be available to them. Currently, I've been more sparse, adding the things that seem to matter the most.

If your gliders are enjoying the cage, and can manage moving around, utilizing the space well, than stick with that. Maybe not adding more though, you can switch stuff out as often as you like.

Have fun and enjoy, as long as your gliders are safe and happy, cage design is glider specific in a way, but regardless can be fun and entertaining to you as well.
Posted By: Hutch

Re: New noises sound like "fussing" after adding new toy? - 01/05/18 05:48 AM

As with others, mine like a full cage. Also, whenever a introduce completely new toys, they all seem to get rowdy, I think they're both excited & nervous about the 'new thing' in their territory.

Re: New noises sound like "fussing" after adding new toy? - 01/07/18 09:30 PM

It is def the new toys as they have chilled and are eating from my hand without bolting and not near as loud! LOL! I wish I had a larger cage/ I am thinking instead of 4ft, 6 foot would be tall enough and maybe a little deeper to add more room for romping! What size do others have on here?
Posted By: Ladymagyver

Re: New noises sound like "fussing" after adding new toy? - 01/07/18 10:00 PM

The cage at home is this one I bought over 3 years ago:

https://www.sugar-gliders.com/sturdy-cage.htm

It only measures 36"t x 32"w 21"d. That's 14cu ft.

In the RV, I just bought their bigger cage :

http://www.martinscages.com/products/cages/sugar/

Model LSG520PWDC, which is 36"t x 30"w x 18" d. Which is 11.25cu ft.

I plan on a 3rd glider, both cages will be big enough for three.

I like both these cages, for me both are at a height I can easily reach, and clean. We are older, our kids are grown and we now have grandkids, I like to be able to roll/move the cage when needed too.

Re: New noises sound like "fussing" after adding new toy? - 01/10/18 03:44 AM

Dawn, I just ordered a Madagascar. My current cage is nice but is the pvc coated and I see where it is extremely dangerous/toxic for gliders.

Re: New noises sound like "fussing" after adding new toy? - 01/10/18 04:51 PM

The Madagascar cage is a nice one! I strongly suggest leaving all the ladders out though. They don't need them and I'd been advised also when I had mine, ladders can be dangerous and could cause injuries. I believe it correctly, the ladders can dislodge and gliders have been hurt.

Anyway, other than that, the cage is nice!
© 2024 GliderCENTRAL