GliderCENTRAL

HELP! Something is wrong with my sugar glider!

Posted By: ZMi

HELP! Something is wrong with my sugar glider! - 05/30/20 06:42 PM

Hello guys, this us my first time here. Guide me if I'm wrong, okay?

So my sister gave me her pair of sugar glider Tuah & Bella because she moved to somewhere else and there's no space for the big cage. So I took them two home. A few months later Bella gave birth to Jebat. They three seems to be doing really well. Until a few days ago, I noticed that Bella started sneezing? weirdly. She never does this before.

This also only happens for just a few minutes during the night. Then nothing happened, she play, she eat and do all her activities like normal.

You can see what I meant by the video in the link below:

youtu.be/Ltc3TyiSeAA

Also, I noticed something sticking out just a little bit something reddish like that coming out of her horizontal pouch? Could it be she is pregnant again? It's the first joey just came out of pocket around 11 weeks ago on 31 Mac.

I really need help to recognize if my sugar glider is okay or not, yes vet would be a better option, but I need to seriously take a day off from work for that, so I would really consider it serious then I will go to the vet. Thanks in advance.
Posted By: KarenE

Re: HELP! Something is wrong with my sugar glider! - 05/30/20 07:25 PM

I'm not positive, but I think this is simply a call to another glider. Bella may be coaxing her joey to follow her, but I don't think it is a distress call.

I am going to move this to Health & Hygiene until we get more input.
Posted By: ZMi

Re: HELP! Something is wrong with my sugar glider! - 05/30/20 10:45 PM

Thank you! I'll keep it updated if anything comes up!
Posted By: Feather

Re: HELP! Something is wrong with my sugar glider! - 06/01/20 12:16 PM

If the male isn't neutered she could very well have joeys IP. The sneezing could be her communicating or grooming.
Posted By: KarenE

Re: HELP! Something is wrong with my sugar glider! - 06/01/20 01:46 PM

Now that we have further confirmation this is not a health issue, I am going to move it for the final time to our Behavior & Anatomy Forum smile

My apologies for not :welcomegc:
© 2024 GliderCENTRAL