GliderCENTRAL

JOEY bml RECIPE PLEASE???

Posted By: Anonymous

JOEY bml RECIPE PLEASE??? - 07/18/06 11:17 PM

I HAVE A LADY COMING OVER RIGHT NOW. tHE DIET SHE'S USING SOUNDS A LITTLE SUSPECT... HER BABIES ARE 6 WEEKS OOP... I'd like to give her the joey bml recipe if anyone can find it quickly...
sorry about the caps ) :

Re: JOEY bml RECIPE PLEASE??? - 07/18/06 11:23 PM

If the joey is 6 weeks it should be fine on regular BML.

Re: JOEY bml RECIPE PLEASE??? - 07/18/06 11:32 PM

The joey BML is the same as the regular BML recipe, except that there is no eggshell and no wheat germ in the mix. I hope this helps.

Jen

Re: JOEY bml RECIPE PLEASE??? - 07/19/06 12:08 AM

Thank you!! Anyone know about this age thing?? I thought they werent' even supposed to be weaned until they were 8 weeks oop???
My lady actually already left but I think is going to be on GC tonight so I'd like to have more info for her ( :
Posted By: KattyM

Re: JOEY bml RECIPE PLEASE??? - 07/19/06 12:13 AM

According to the site, joey BML is recommended for joeys under 8 weeks OOP: Bourbon's Modified Leadbeaters (BML).

6 weeks OOP is pretty young to be pulling joeys from the parents, though... The recommended age is 8-10 weeks OOP. There is still much the joey learns from the parents while at this early age.

Re: JOEY bml RECIPE PLEASE??? - 07/19/06 12:28 AM

Did she get them from a "breeder" or are they joeys of her own? Either way, the ommission of the shells and wheat germ was just so that it wouldn't stop up the syringe. if they can eat it on their own, go ahead & use the wheat germ. Don't; however, use the shell - Bourbon has taken the shell out of the BML options.
Posted By: Bourbon

Re: JOEY bml RECIPE PLEASE??? - 07/19/06 01:50 AM

Joey BML is recommended for the joeys that are orphaned, it is usually for gliders that are 0-2 weeks oop that have to be fed from a syringe,

2 weeks oop to about 4 weeks oop.. that is more or less the transitioning ages.. you have to use your better judgement as to whether or not they need the syringe or not.

the joeys that are older that have already started eating on their own usually 4-5 weeks, I would suggest the regular BML.. not frozen but at room temp

5-8 weeks regular BML

do NOT add anything to the joey BML..like puppy replacer or womboroo or pedilyte etc..

joey BML is the same as regular BML, except the wheat germ is removed and 1/4 jar of baby sweet potatoes per batch is added.

once they start with the regular BML do not add the sweet potatoes. but add the wheat germ back in.
© 2024 GliderCENTRAL