GliderCENTRAL

bml egg question

Posted By: Anonymous

bml egg question - 09/02/08 12:31 AM

so can i scramble insted of hard boil the eggs in bml??
Posted By: JayAndDiana

Re: bml egg question - 09/02/08 12:45 AM

You should scramble them per the most recently updated bml recipe, the current bml recipe thumb

Re: bml egg question - 09/02/08 12:50 AM

thank the lord..... it takes forever to boil them.. and with the attention span of a goldfish...lol hooray im going to go make it now smile
Posted By: minkasmom

Re: bml egg question - 09/02/08 01:03 AM

Yes, I hear that! I "overcooked" my hard-boiled eggs to the point where they EXPLODED once! roflmao

That taught me 2 things: #1 set a TIMER (that's what it's on the microwave for); #2 DON'T sit down when the eggs are cooking (I have a habit of falling asleep if I sit for more than a few minutes) Ah, the lessons we learn...sometimes the HARD way.
Posted By: Snoopurr

Re: bml egg question - 09/02/08 01:10 AM

wait, i didn't hear about this. does anyone have the link to the new updated version of bml?? I have been using hard boiled eggs in there mix, and i even gave my girls a little piece of egg last night which they loved... Its not hard at all the hard boil an egg.. just takes 10 mins... so then if i have to give them scrambled eggs in the mix, how the heck do you scramble an egg with out using butter or oil in the pan?? should i cook it in the microwave?? wouldn't that be worse b/c of the radiation from the microwave???

Re: bml egg question - 09/02/08 01:24 AM

Ive been scrambling my BML eggs in the microwave for about 7 years. I do it in a microwave safe glass bowl, no sprays or shortening, cover it with a paper towel and cook about a minute (a few seconds more or less depending on the power of the microwave). I dump them in the blender on top of the honey. It softens the honey. The apple juice and baby yogurt drink is cold, so by the time I get to adding the vitamins it's cooled enough not to "cook" the vitamins.
Works great and my gliders don't know the difference.

No, no radiation is absorbed from the microwave. It's perfectly safe.
Posted By: Snoopurr

Re: bml egg question - 09/02/08 01:27 AM

but do i have to use scrambled eggs?? i hate reading about things that are different from what i do b/c then i worry really bad that im doing something wrong...... on the link that i use for the bml recipe it says you can use either hard boiled OR scrambled and that THEY use hard boiled... please help me.

Re: bml egg question - 09/02/08 01:29 AM

I think some people do scrambled eggs...I think its ok

Re: bml egg question - 09/02/08 01:35 AM

Scrambled or hardboiled is OK. Whatever is easiest for you. I find scrambled easier for me.

Don't panic when you read someone is doing something different, it doesn't mean you are wrong or they are. If it's something really bad those of us who know better will see it and say so. Just keep reading, and learning. Gliders have personalities just like we do, so what works for one may not for another, what one glider likes for veggies or fruit may be different from another. It's the learning that's important!

Re: bml egg question - 09/02/08 01:38 AM

i mix it up depending on the time lol

denise i have also exploded hard boiled eggs before so dont feel bad lol smile
Posted By: gliderma

Re: bml egg question - 09/02/08 01:44 AM

I scramble eggs all the time in a non-stick pan with no oil or butter! Turns out great!

Re: bml egg question - 09/02/08 05:29 AM

The BML Diet says you can boil or scramble your egg.... my gliders prefer the boiled egg taste over the scramble.
Posted By: hipbchik

Re: bml egg question - 09/02/08 05:50 AM

Originally Posted By: minkasmom
Yes, I hear that! I "overcooked" my hard-boiled eggs to the point where they EXPLODED once! roflmao

Originally Posted By: bdeese
denise i have also exploded hard boiled eggs before so dont feel bad lol smile

Off Topic but...
When I lived in Dallas, I had to drive out to Witchita Falls to pick up a friend...TOTALLY forgot I left eggs boiling on the stove...when I got home they REALLY exploded...like stuck to the ceiling & everything, cracked the pan...took FOREVER to get that smell outta my apartment!
© 2024 GliderCENTRAL