GliderCENTRAL

How many servings are in the HPW complete?

Posted By: Anonymous

How many servings are in the HPW complete? - 04/17/11 06:24 PM

Alrighty, after reading through a billion threads and a billion websites I think I found the diet I want to go with (for now)...

HPW complete (the one that you just add water and give fruits and veggies). I don't think I want to order all the "extras" online to make the other ones at this point. I just adopted my little ones and they are currently on pellets/fruits/veggies because that's what they were getting.

So my question...how many servings are in the HPW complete? If I buy the 250 grams, about how long with this last me? I searched around the site but couldn't find the answer. I don't know if I should order the 250 g or 500 g. I have 2 adult gliders.

I thought maybe there would be owners who use this or distributors on this site. Thanks a bunch!
Posted By: DCMuffin

Re: How many servings are in the HPW complete? - 04/17/11 06:26 PM

I think there are several people here who are currently using the Complete so I'm sure you'll get an answer soon. smile
Posted By: JillMarie

Re: How many servings are in the HPW complete? - 04/17/11 10:06 PM

You can contact Peggy through her site http://hpwplus.com/preparation_serving/preparation_serving.htm

Each batch uses a 3/4 cup of powder, so you can figure out how many batches you will get out of whatever size bag you get.
Posted By: DianeR

Re: How many servings are in the HPW complete? - 04/18/11 05:49 AM

125 grams is about 1 Cup but it really depends on the density of the HWP complete powder. If the powder is really dense 125 will give you less than a Cup. For example, sugar is 125 grams = 3/4 Cup; Baking flour 125 grams (just shy of) 1 Cup.

So, good rule of thumb is this (125 gram) package of HWP Complete will make one batch. One batch is about 2 cups.

Serving portion is 1 tablespoon per glider per day. 1 Cup = 48 Tablespoons. Since one batch = 2 Cups you will have about 48 days worth with one batch for two gliders.

Diane
Posted By: CandyOtte

Re: How many servings are in the HPW complete? - 04/18/11 03:16 PM

DianeR
Quote:
Serving portion is 1 tablespoon per glider per day. 1 Cup = 48 Tablespoons. Since one batch = 2 Cups you will have about 48 days worth with one batch for two gliders.

Diane - the above is confusing to me and perhaps others because one cup liquid is 16 TBS

Does the 48 TBS come from a mixed batch of Complete using 1 cup powder and 2 cups water?

Grams per cup will also vary depending on if the powder is packed tightly or just scooped and leveled. I think most people scoop and level powdered ingredients in glider recipes.
Posted By: dewbug91

Re: How many servings are in the HPW complete? - 04/18/11 03:42 PM

Actually for the HPW Diet its 1.5 TEAspoons per a glider smile
Then 1 tablespoon of fruit per glider
1 tablespoon of veggies per glider
Mealies for treats.
Posted By: MissSarah

Re: How many servings are in the HPW complete? - 04/18/11 03:57 PM

Dew, they're talking about the HPW Complete Diet. smile Serving size is different from the regular HPW diet. www.hpwplus.com laugh
Posted By: CandyOtte

Re: How many servings are in the HPW complete? - 04/18/11 03:59 PM

dewbug91 - the 1.5 teaspoon serving is for the original HPW diet made using Wombaroo High Protein Supplement.

HPW Plus and HPW Complete are new products and the serving size is 1 TBS.

More info on these diets can be found here:
http://critterlove.com/Food%20Court/foodcourt.htm
Posted By: dewbug91

Re: How many servings are in the HPW complete? - 04/18/11 04:02 PM

Whoops! Ok, I see now laugh

Re: How many servings are in the HPW complete? - 04/18/11 04:11 PM

thanks, that helped a lot smile
Posted By: LabNGliderMom

Re: How many servings are in the HPW complete? - 04/18/11 09:51 PM

Hope this answers your question about how many servings are in a 250 gram package of HPW Complete a bit more completely... I feed HPW Complete myself... I used a 250 gram package to compile this information.

If you cannot see that image clearly, you can go to view it directly at Photobucket by clicking here:

Larger picture of HPW Complete servings breakdown compiled by LabNGliderMom

If this does not help you, please contact Peggy Brewer at http://www.hpwplus.com
Posted By: angelic4296

Re: How many servings are in the HPW complete? - 04/19/11 03:09 AM

Jules, love the chart, I had been wondering how many nights I would get out of a bag that size! smile

Re: How many servings are in the HPW complete? - 04/19/11 09:10 PM

That chart is fantastic, thanks! That helps a bunch!
Posted By: DianeR

Re: How many servings are in the HPW complete? - 04/22/11 01:42 PM

Originally Posted By: dewbug91
Actually for the HPW Diet its 1.5 TEAspoons per a glider smile
Then 1 tablespoon of fruit per glider
1 tablespoon of veggies per glider
Mealies for treats.

Well there you go. I shouldn't try to do math in my head on no sleep in 48 hours. LOL.

Seriously, maybe you should just ask Peggy?

Diane
© 2024 GliderCENTRAL