GliderCENTRAL

He don't want to eat

Posted By: Anonymous

He don't want to eat - 05/07/11 09:55 AM

So far i just feed Suggie with apple and i just bought a [Glider-Cal- contain calcium carbonate-96.5% / Magnesium carbonate-3.5%], [Premium Sugar Glider Diet-is a dry food for glider] and a [Yogies-is a treats]

So i sprinkled on apple with the Glider-Cal, it is like kind of vitamin or some thing and is powder. What the problem is he don't want to eat the apple which has Glider-Cal ! and also the treat and the dry food !

What this mean? Is it not suit for him or he need time to test on the food?

I also put a treat in his sleeping pouch and he won't go in anymore..is it the treat so bad O.O
Posted By: JillMarie

Re: He don't want to eat - 05/07/11 10:14 AM

You have received great diet advice in your other thread HERE

Your glider may not like the apple because the vitamins are sprinkled on it. Make sure it is a light sprinkle. You can also try mashing the apple up a little with a fork and mix the vitamins in. Also try drizzling a tiny bit of honey on top of it might help.

Sometimes gliders will not try new foods. So you have to encourage them. As for the pellet diet, some people do not agree with them. I have no problem with them as long as they are served with other good glider foods like fresh fruits and veggies and make up a small part of the diet.

You can also try soaking the pellet with a little water/honey mixture to temp him to eat it. But using the HPW Complete is probably your best bet at this point.

If your glider doesnt like the treat being in the pouch, take it out.

Re: He don't want to eat - 05/07/11 10:29 AM

ya...thanks for the advice..I will be getting my HPW is 2 or 3 days. =D trying to use honey to temp them ^^

Re: He don't want to eat - 05/07/11 07:26 PM

I tried use honey on the dry food to temp him but he just dun wnt to eat..about the vitamin on apple..i sprinkled a very a few amount and he finally eat =D . About the honey, he wont eat the dry food which have honey but he lick the honey that on my finger..lick non stop..i feel happy that he lick and feel curious that why he wont eat the dry food with honey..LOL
Posted By: angelic4296

Re: He don't want to eat - 05/07/11 10:56 PM

Jill Marie is right, you've received very good and DETAILED advice in that other thread about what you should be feeding until the HPW Complete comes in. 99.9% of gliders LOVE what was suggested:

- plain boiled chicken
- plain scrambled egg
- yogurt, any flavor except chocolate
- 1 TBSP fruits
- 1 TBSP veggies

Use that UNTIL you get the HPW, then give the HPW Complete and the 1 TBSP fruits and 1 TBSP veggies....you can't offer him just apple and pellets everynight and think he's going to eat it - he's not. Gliders need variety in their diets. Here is a table with tons of fruits and veggies you can offer:

http://www.sweet-sugar-gliders.com/calcium_phosphorous_ratios_sorted.pdf

Re: He don't want to eat - 05/08/11 12:08 AM

I knw it is a good thread and detailed. In mu country, we don't have HPW complete but HPW Starter Kit and HPW Instant. Lots of people buying HPW Instant because what we need is only adding water and honey that's all. In the HPW Instant, it contain High protein supplement, bee pollen and dehydrated egg. Three of them become powder form, so just add in some water and honey plus if you want to mix some vege and fruit.

Re: He don't want to eat - 05/08/11 01:07 AM

Are you sure the HPW Instant you have there doesnt have dried honey as part of the ingredients?

Re: He don't want to eat - 05/08/11 01:23 AM

Nop. It is HPW but performe in other way

Re: He don't want to eat - 05/08/11 04:39 AM

Would you mind linking us to a website of the HPW Instant? I would love to take a look at it and see how it differs from our HPW diets....
Posted By: WintersSong

Re: He don't want to eat - 05/08/11 04:45 AM

I did a search for "Instant HPW AND Malaysia" (xLemon's location), and came up with this:

http://www.petshack.com.my/webshaper/store/viewProd.asp?pkProductItem=743

Is this what you're talking about, xLemon?

Re: He don't want to eat - 05/08/11 08:48 AM

Ya..is this =D great search ..haha

Re: He don't want to eat - 05/10/11 06:11 AM

I went to Peggy's Diet Center page and she has a distributor for Malaysia. Here is the "Instant" version from this distributor's website (Yellow Mango is their name):

http://www.yellowmango.com.my/webshaper/store/viewProd.asp?pkProductItem=743

It does in fact say that water AND HONEY need to be added. I'm going to contact Peggy and see why there is an ingredient difference....I'm really curious about it....
Posted By: CandyOtte

Re: He don't want to eat - 05/10/11 02:04 PM

The ad for "Bugsy's(R)Instant HPW(R) also says "Product of Australia" so it may not be Peggy's HPW Complete which is made in the US.

Re: He don't want to eat - 05/11/11 02:00 AM

OK, copied and pasted from a message Peggy sent in return to my question to her:

"Yellow Mango currently has their own version of HPW Instant. However, in the very near future they will also be offering the HPW Plus and HPW Complete as I am proud to say they are one of our great Distributors."

OK, my confusion is gone lol....

Now I see what you meant by the HPW Instant xLemon smile....

Re: He don't want to eat - 05/11/11 06:20 AM

Originally Posted By: angelic4296
OK, copied and pasted from a message Peggy sent in return to my question to her:

"Yellow Mango currently has their own version of HPW Instant. However, in the very near future they will also be offering the HPW Plus and HPW Complete as I am proud to say they are one of our great Distributors."

OK, my confusion is gone lol....

Now I see what you meant by the HPW Instant xLemon smile....

lol...haha..is a Save Time product for who are quite busy and bad in cook..I have the time to cook, just i am out of microwave =-=. So HPW instant in definitely suit for me ^^

Re: He don't want to eat - 05/11/11 07:28 AM

So...are they eating?

Re: He don't want to eat - 05/11/11 07:56 AM

The shipment is reach, But my dad decline it coz he dont know whats is that LOL..they will send again tomorrow =-=
© 2024 GliderCENTRAL