GliderCENTRAL

Quite caught by suprise

Posted By: Anonymous

Quite caught by suprise - 08/03/11 05:21 AM

I ordered the HPW complete and made up half of the bag. I remember reading that there is 2 1/2 batches per 125g bag. So I mixed up 1 batch and there is only 12 servings in it! I remember reading that there should be close to 40! I double checked the mixing direction and I did it right. I didn't mix it with the green juice but I was expecting to get more than a month out of it (I only have one guy)

Is this normal or am I missing something?
Posted By: Gizmogirl

Re: Quite caught by suprise - 08/03/11 05:53 AM

Best would be to contact Peggy: HPW Complete I have seen a chart of how many serving you get, but I can't find it now. dunno

You should get roughly 225 single servings per 500g bag, which will give you roughly 56 single servings per 125g bag. dunno
Posted By: steph323

Re: Quite caught by suprise - 08/03/11 08:43 AM

I agree to contact peggy. I think it is about the same density of powdered sugar I think and 1 cup of powdered sugar is about 110 grams. the smallest order is 125g if I remember correctly so that means 2.14 batches. each batch making 2 cups, with 16 tablespoons to a cup meaning 32 tablespoons to a batch. if you have one glider (feeding a tablespoon a night to a glider) then it should last 32 days, 2 then 16, 3 then 10.67 and so on... but thats only if it is in fact it has the same weight/density of powdered sugar.

but that just my guestimate, ask peggy cause by what your saying that does seem to little. she will clear up your problems smile
Posted By: steph323

Re: Quite caught by suprise - 08/03/11 08:47 AM

the order of the powder should last 32 days not the batch (by my guesimate).

I just order two of the packets so I dont have to worry. I use plus right now. but was gunna switch to complete cause of ease but I've been wondering if the plus actually is more band for your buck... gotta remember bee pollen though... eggs are cheap, sometimes free (cause of nice neighbors) so yeah.... hope you figure it out. please post when you do, I'd like to know how many servings it works out too
Posted By: Srlb

Re: Quite caught by suprise - 08/03/11 12:55 PM

While at the SGGA I made up a 1K batch for folks there that wanted to feed thier gliders HPW Complete. This is mixed with water only.

Here is the *Official* count on how much is each batch.

1K 488 Tablespoons
500g 244 Tablespoons
250g 122 Tablespoons
125g 61 Tablespoons
Posted By: Gizmogirl

Re: Quite caught by suprise - 08/03/11 01:02 PM

Thank you Peggy! smile
Posted By: CandyOtte

Re: Quite caught by suprise - 08/03/11 01:50 PM

Original poster - if you mixed 1/2 cup HPW Complete powder with 1 1/2 cup water (directions for a "batch") you would have at least 24 TBS. Check the amount of water you added.

If you mixed 1/4 cup powder with 3/4 cup water you would have 12 TBS.

1 cup water = 16 TBS 1 1/2 cups water = 24 TBS

As Peggy stated: 125 gm package makes 61 TBS mixed - which equals 24.4 TBS for 1 batch using 1/2 cup powder (24.4 TBS multiplied by 2.5 batches = 61 TBS)
Posted By: 1daddyglider1

Re: Quite caught by suprise - 08/03/11 02:02 PM

What is the number of servings with the green juice?
Art

Re: Quite caught by suprise - 08/03/11 03:18 PM

The 1 cup green juice would add an additional 16 TBS so there would be about 40 TBS total with a batch of complete (mixed 1/2 cup powder plus 1 1/2 cups water plus 1 cup green juice.)

If you make 1 K of the powder (20 batches) you would need 20 cups of the juice (320 TBS) so you would get a total of 808 TBS.

Re: Quite caught by suprise - 08/03/11 03:20 PM

I mixed it right as it says on the package. I used 1/2 cup of HPW complete powder and 1 1/2 cup warm water. I even double checked my measuring spoon to make sure it was not something bigger.

SO I just poured 1 1/2 cup of water into a measuring cup and scooped out tablespoons to see how many I get AAAANNND....it is pretty obvious that I did not put enough water into the first batch (OMG...REALLY KRISTEN?) so my question now is what do I do??? do I throw that all out? It is probably about double the consistency (being I only got 12 servings) So when I unfreeze it can I add a tablespoon, take half out and leave it in the frig for the following day??

Re: Quite caught by suprise - 08/03/11 04:05 PM

If you got 12 TBS for the amount you mixed up, you probably used only half of the water necessary. You could take out a cube and let it thaw, then mix an equal amount of water with it.

If you have 2 gliders use a 1 TBS cube + 1 TBS water for the two gliders.

I would add the water when you are getting ready to serve it or at most refrigerate over night for the next day.

I would not thaw the whole batch and add water then re-freeze just because I will not re-freeze any food that thaws if I cannot prepare and serve it immediately. I feel protein foods that thaw completely are not safe to use after more than 48 hours.

Re: Quite caught by suprise - 08/03/11 04:43 PM

Thanks Candy. I only have one little guy. Therefore, he only needs one tablespoon. I won't unthaw the entire batch. I found little containers used for baby food with lids and I measured 1 tablespoon in each one and froze it. So, I will just thaw one out each day and add a tablespoon to it and put half away untill the next day.

Thank you for your advice!

Re: Quite caught by suprise - 08/03/11 04:57 PM

Glad I was able to help.
Posted By: DCMuffin

Re: Quite caught by suprise - 08/03/11 09:15 PM

Kristen - if you run into troubles or you have *specific* questions about HPW, contact Peggy directly. She'll respond right away and this will ensure you get the most accurate responses regarding the diet. Her email is critterlove@critterlove.com thumb
© 2024 GliderCENTRAL