GliderCENTRAL

turkey burger

Posted By: Anonymous

turkey burger - 01/23/07 04:17 PM

how does everyone feel about turkey burger, I have been giving it to my babies for about a month. I was giving them packaged chicken but I feel it might have too much 'extra' stuff they dont need. My family doesn't eat hamburger, we eat turkey burger, my gliders love it. I have read about giving them chicken but turkey burger is easier for me. any thoughts.
Posted By: FURBYnGIZMO

Re: turkey burger - 01/23/07 04:23 PM

I love your avvy and the way you point out that it's NOT Macy roflmao

What brand turkey burger do you offer...

Some turkey burger is very high in salt so you may want to watch that worried

Is this just as a rare treat? Or part of a diet?
Posted By: Paula0442

Re: turkey burger - 01/23/07 04:55 PM

We only eat turkey burgers in our house too. NO MAMMALS get eaten 'round here!
I have tried this, but they wanted nothing to do with it. They do like boiled chicken though.

Re: turkey burger - 01/23/07 05:29 PM

So it is safe to feed them turkey? Is it also safe to feed them hamburger?

Re: turkey burger - 01/23/07 06:35 PM

i read somewhere that ground, boiled turkey meat is fine for them. Just not as a staple
Posted By: Gossamer

Re: turkey burger - 01/23/07 07:24 PM

Part of it depends on how you cook it and whether it has seasoning or not. If it's just plain ground turkey and it's fried with no oil or anything or baked or boiled - should be okay as an occasional treat.

Re: turkey burger - 01/23/07 07:55 PM

Yes it is for a treat instead of mealies once in a while, I freeze then in ice cube containers and only cook a cube in a dry pan no oil no nothing, (that's the way we eat it so they should too!) any way Kia loves it but the other 2 prefer mealies.

I use the stuff you get a super target or walmart 99 or 97%

Re: turkey burger - 01/23/07 09:58 PM

When I had my kids on Darcy`s diet, I would offer them ground chicken and ground turkey as some of their protein sources along with other things (different days of course). I came here asking the same questions and I was told they were fine. I`d boil mine then rinse with some hot water. Make sure you scrape of the fatty junk that will float to the top of the water though.
Posted By: KattyM

Re: turkey burger - 01/24/07 03:32 AM

FYI on the nutritional differences, from the USDA Nutrient Database for Standard Reference.

Cooked ground turkey is roughly 7.8 times higher in phosphorus than calcium (per 100 grams, 25 mg Ca to 196 mg P).

Roasted chicken breast is roughly 15.2 times higher (15 mg Ca to 228 mg P, per 100 grams). Notice that chicken baby food is much lower; junior chicken baby food is roughly 1.6 times higher in phosphorus (55 mg Ca to 90 mg P, per 100 grams).

95% lean ground beef, pan broiled, is roughly 24.6 times higher (9 mg Ca to 222 mg P, per 100 grams).

So, for the overall Ca:P ratios, ground turkey is your best treat.

Re: turkey burger - 01/26/07 03:49 AM

Originally Posted By: KattyM

So, for the overall Ca:P ratios, ground turkey is your best treat.

thanks for the positive on the turkey burger sometimes I think we forget to give prompts for the good things.
© 2024 GliderCENTRAL