GliderCENTRAL

Difference in yogurt drops?

Posted By: Anonymous

Difference in yogurt drops? - 04/21/07 05:40 PM

I'm wondering if there is a difference in brands of yogurt drops. Are Yogies brand bad?? I have used for guinea pigs, rabbits, and ferrets with no problems. Are they safe for gliders (like the hamster kind) or are they bad? I know they have a lot sugar but don't they all? I have seen the other brands online....
Of course I would be using as a treat, maybe one or two a few nights a week. Not daily, I mostly use mealworms as finger treats. Any insight would be appreciated thanks
Posted By: MizValorie

Re: Difference in yogurt drops? - 04/21/07 05:47 PM

I am really not sure but I will only use the yogurt drops brand (you can get them at suncoast.) Alot of yugurt type treats have soy in it from what I have seen. So I make sure not to feed those! I think the best thing to do is always check ingredients.

Re: Difference in yogurt drops? - 04/21/07 05:47 PM

I had a bunch by 8in1 brand, I feed them all to the ferrets, gliders and hamster with no problems, and I had a variety, some for hamsters, some for guinea pigs, some for ferrets...it's just the size that's different from what I've seen. I haven't had any issues feeding them to my pets. I also buy the yogurt drops from CritterHill, those are the gliders absolute FAVORITE. But yeah, I think most of them are the same, the size is the main difference. Don't quote me on that, it's just what I think and nothing more lol. wink

Re: Difference in yogurt drops? - 04/21/07 05:48 PM

Is soy bad for gliders?

Re: Difference in yogurt drops? - 04/21/07 06:07 PM

Yes...there was a post about it on here or GA. I'll look for it!

Re: Difference in yogurt drops? - 04/21/07 06:08 PM

Thanks I found a post that said yogurt covered soynuts were okay....I'll keep lokking too!

Re: Difference in yogurt drops? - 04/21/07 06:25 PM

Basically it said that the benefits of soy out weigh the danger. Ever since then I have made sure that my food items dont contain soy.

What post was that I would like to read it?

I am still looking btw. I think I have it bookmarked at home, though.

Re: Difference in yogurt drops? - 04/21/07 06:26 PM

I'll find it...hang on. I couldn't find one specifically about soy on CG though.

Re: Difference in yogurt drops? - 04/21/07 06:33 PM

I am thinking it may be on one of the other boards.

Re: Difference in yogurt drops? - 04/21/07 06:46 PM

FOUND IT!!!

I have read many a post, as well as seen in a few books where people want to turn their gliders into vegans to match their beliefs. Where others want viable substitutions to the proteins in their diet. Now the question comes up, is Soy a suitable substitution? Here are a couple of links below that discuss this. Again this is a controversy hence why it is here, you have to make your judgments on researching both the pros and the cons of whether or not it is. These articles were written the first in March of 1999 the second in May of 2000.

An article from Natural Health talks about the darksides of soy products

An article from Nexus fNexus is Based in Australia however; from the third annual soy symposium regarding the tragedy and the hype of soy products.

It is actually on Bourbons page http://www.sugargliderinfo.com/NutritionAndDiets/

Re: Difference in yogurt drops? - 04/21/07 06:49 PM

Here is a link to the frist article she mentions, the second couldn't be found:

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0NAH/is_2_29/ai_53929987

Re: Difference in yogurt drops? - 04/21/07 07:00 PM

Well the search engine isn't working for me now??? Sorry I used keyword "yogurt" in all forums in the last year when I found it. I think yogurt covered pine nut may have been in the topic but I'm not sure...sorry!

Re: Difference in yogurt drops? - 04/21/07 07:04 PM

Its Ok! It wasn't working for me trying to find "soy."

Like the page I posted it says better safe than sorry, so I personly prefer not to use things with soy.
© 2024 GliderCENTRAL