GliderCENTRAL

sparate rooms for out of cage/bonding time?

Posted By: LalaPetush

sparate rooms for out of cage/bonding time? - 02/13/12 02:26 AM

okay i was just sitting here thinking 'do i have to have play time for each of them in separate rooms?'

like if i have out of cage play time with neeko, when ninx is here do i do it in the same room she is in? (they will both be in my room). or do i go to a different room for playtime with each of them?

also say i have out of cage time with neeko in my spare room, will it be ok to have out of cage time with ninx also in that spare room?

any help would be appreciated! thanks!
Posted By: MissSarah

Re: sparate rooms for out of cage/bonding time? - 02/13/12 03:14 AM

Are they being quarantined or anything of that nature? If so, then yes. Not only different rooms, but you'll need to do a complete change of clothing/wash up in between playtime.

If they're not being quarantined, I don't suppose it would hurt anything. Though you do run the risk of one glider smelling the other and becoming defensive.

I have all 4 of my gliders in my bedroom and my major fear is, say, Harrison is going to jump on Frankie's cage and we're going to end up with the 2012 Sugar Glider Death Match. I know for a fact Pim would freak out if another glider jumped on her cage and the last thing I want is an injury.
Posted By: LalaPetush

Re: sparate rooms for out of cage/bonding time? - 02/13/12 03:18 AM

Yes im going to be doing a quarantine. Thank you for the info! I will have separate clothes and everything smile thanks.
Posted By: GliderNursery

Re: sparate rooms for out of cage/bonding time? - 02/13/12 04:23 AM

After the quarantine is over, then you can use the same room for playtime. I do recommend it be a room where there are no cages.

I take all of my gliders, one cage at a time, into my playroom. The only issue I have is the males have to re-mark where ever the previous male marked. It's pretty funny to watch. :rofl2:
Posted By: Archi77

Re: sparate rooms for out of cage/bonding time? - 02/13/12 12:43 PM

Originally Posted By: GliderNursery
I take all of my gliders, one cage at a time, into my playroom.

I think I understand this, but want to clarify, for my own sake - if you have two gliders, who share a cage (aka, they get along just fine), can tent/play time be with both of them at the same time?
Posted By: yiyo

Re: sparate rooms for out of cage/bonding time? - 02/13/12 01:51 PM

Originally Posted By: Archi77

I think I understand this, but want to clarify, for my own sake - if you have two gliders, who share a cage (aka, they get along just fine), can tent/play time be with both of them at the same time?

Of course smile
Posted By: etrnalsunshinee

Re: sparate rooms for out of cage/bonding time? - 02/13/12 02:08 PM

Yes, you only need to have separate play time if you have more than one unbonded cage. Otherwise they may fight. But it's completely fine, if not better, to have all gliders that are bonded to have the play time together.
© 2024 GliderCENTRAL