GliderCENTRAL

Tent Times Toys

Posted By: Anonymous

Tent Times Toys - 01/05/07 05:07 PM

Can you guys give me some ideas on safe & fun tent time toys? I have a pouch, water bottle hanger, and a fleece vine. What else would be good? And how do you all hang the things up without damaging the tent? I have the ever-popular Amazon pop-up. Thanks for any ideas.

Re: Tent Times Toys - 01/05/07 05:15 PM

feather teasers and long thin pieces of fleece are some favorites of my suggies

Re: Tent Times Toys - 01/05/07 07:06 PM

I hang barrel o' monkeys all over the place - usually I use safety pins to hang toys and plastic chains, but it's much more difficult with a pop up tent with little or no seams!
Posted By: Xglider

Re: Tent Times Toys - 01/05/07 07:18 PM

Feather teasers are great… you can also get toddler toys… like little houses or trucks and such …
Posted By: kristenfl

Re: Tent Times Toys - 01/05/07 07:25 PM

Yea my girls love toddler toys &~~> Wheel, hang fleece ropes, they like bowls and cups to look in for treats, I made a no-sew fleece tunnel a long one, baby toys~ rattles, balls, etc., I have two pillows for them in my tent and they love to rest on them and hide behind from eachother. smile Good luck and have fun!

Re: Tent Times Toys - 01/05/07 08:47 PM

Thanks you guys! Can't wait to start my tent time toys collection. Now...where to hide them from my hubby? blush
Posted By: CritterHill

Re: Tent Times Toys - 01/05/07 09:02 PM

Hey

Have you checked out our website www.thesugargliderstore.com we have a ton of toys that are suitable for the tent.

If you have a look at the tent time page on our other website www.critterhill.com click on Sugar Gliders and then Tent Time it will also give you some ideas. There is also info on how to attach things to the tent.

This year I hope to get up a page with pictures of people's tents decorated to give people even more help.

Have fun.

Catherine

Re: Tent Times Toys - 01/05/07 09:58 PM

Hi Catherine, Thanks for the website info. I'm going directly there now.

Re: Tent Times Toys - 01/05/07 11:14 PM

Tell ya the best place to find alot of good finds is the dollar store and good will. Rikin121 and i are getting our babies at the end of the month and we found all sorts of good deals cause alot of salvation army & goodwill type places have grab bags of toddler toys for only a buck or so. we got alot of good deals so give that a try. just remeber to clean them good before you suggies see them. hope i gave you a couple new places to look.
Dr_Venkman

Re: Tent Times Toys - 01/06/07 12:12 AM

Yeah, the dollar store...great idea. Thanks, Doc!
Posted By: pappy1264

Re: Tent Times Toys - 01/06/07 12:18 AM

I also have 'ferret furniture' (it looks like a smaller version of the cat furniture with the holes for climbing up and through). I covered it in fleece, tacking on the bottom and they LOVE IT! I also take a wheel in there, feather teasers, barrel of monkeys and this may sound silly, but a plain tshirt....they love to climb all through it and hide on each other! lol Always be sure to stay in there and watch them, as no matter how safe a toy is, accidents can always happen. Oh, I also have a 'doll house' they love to climb and explore.
© 2024 GliderCENTRAL