GliderCENTRAL

Tent time by themselves???

Posted By: Anonymous

Tent time by themselves??? - 04/28/09 02:05 PM

Hi everyone! I was wondering what you think about letting my gliders be in the tent by themselves?

We have been super busy and I used to do tent time every night, but lately I'm luck to do it once a week. Things will be back to normal soon, but until then I feel terrible that they are not getting time out of the cage so I was thinking I would put them in the tent while I am here in my office working. I could go check on them every few minutes.

What's your opinion of this?
Posted By: Their_mommy

Re: Tent time by themselves??? - 04/28/09 02:24 PM

I do that a lot.
I will let mine play in the tent for hours in the evening with no problems.
But getting them back to the pouch is a pain.:)
I have learned to lure them with mealies in the pouch to get them in, then I quick put the pouch back in the cage for the rest of the night.
I do however keep an eye on the tent while they are in it to make sure all is ok.
But I see no problem with it as long as you are around to supervise them:)

Re: Tent time by themselves??? - 04/28/09 02:48 PM

There's been a few times that I've only been able to get one glider back in the carrier to take back to the cage (I have dogs so I don't want to just walk back to the cage with a glider on my shoulder) so I'll squeeze out of the tent door, leaving the other one in. It's only for a less than 2 minutes. I've never really let them stay in the tent alone before. So, you'll get some more responses I'm sure to your question.

Re: Tent time by themselves??? - 04/28/09 04:13 PM

I left my tent the other night to do something, can't remember what (LOL), but when I left, Bell awent straight for the sipper opening like, "Hey Mom, where ya goin? I'm still in here!". It was very cute! I think they would be fine as long as you were within eyesight in case someone takes an interest in the zipper or gets caught in the mesh. No matter how well clipped my glider's nails are, they still seem to get caught in that stuff a bit.

Re: Tent time by themselves??? - 04/28/09 04:20 PM

Thanks! I just let them play in the tent by themselves for about an hour and they were fine.

Of course, I had to go check on them every 5 minutes! LOL And it killed me that I could not be in there with them, but I felt awful that they were stuck in the cage all the time.

The reason I haven't had time to play with is because my daughter started drivers training 4 nights a week plus drive time, my son's T-Ball practice started, my other daughters 4-H stuff started, and one of my employees quit so I have been working like crazy! Ughhh!

It should start to be getting back to normal by the end of this week!

Re: Tent time by themselves??? - 04/28/09 08:45 PM

Thanks for asking this because I have wondered about this as well!
Posted By: SugareeErin

Re: Tent time by themselves??? - 04/28/09 09:18 PM

I agree, as long as you are there to watch them it's fine. I have caught mine opening the zipper on the genji and escaping once! blush

I have put up two tents at a time before to get all my cages out for daily playtime. I stayed in one tent and played with those gliders while keeping an eye on the others playing by themselves.

Re: Tent time by themselves??? - 04/28/09 09:26 PM

they will be fine. i used to let my gliders stay in the tent all night sometimes at my old house because i didn't have a glider-proof room then. never any problems. i just put food and water in there, i would suggest that if it's for a long period of time!
Posted By: sugarlope

Re: Tent time by themselves??? - 04/29/09 03:25 AM

I have left mine in the tent by themselves a few times. It has usually been when I wanted to clean their cage and they wanted to be up and around.

Re: Tent time by themselves??? - 04/30/09 02:13 PM

sorry to intrude but is there a good place to get a small tent. I seen one at target but they don't give measurements so I can see if it is too big. The one at walmart is 6ft x 5ft and three feet high which I thought was too big. But you guys are the pros so can you let me know please?
Posted By: Wyldfyre63

Re: Tent time by themselves??? - 04/30/09 02:58 PM

That's really not too big if you want to be able to sit comfortably. I use the Genji tent which can be purchased through Amazon. It has a lot of screening for the littles to climb on and it goes up and comes down easily. I love it.

Janine
Posted By: MagicEyez

Re: Tent time by themselves??? - 04/30/09 04:30 PM

Mine play better in the tent if I'm not in there ... When I sit in there with 'em, I've got a couple that just want to sit on me. I'f i'm not in there, then they will play.
© 2024 GliderCENTRAL