GliderCENTRAL

Biting in pouch?

Posted By: Anonymous

Biting in pouch? - 10/10/05 10:32 PM

My new rescue came home today, and I am wanting to get one of those sissy pouches (one with a window) but she is such a biting machine, I'm afraid I will get bit while she's so close to my skin. Has anyone ever been bit while they are in a pouch before? Does this happen? I'm not even sure how to even get her IN the pouch yet?

Thanks

~ Judy
Posted By: USMom

Re: Biting in pouch? - 10/10/05 10:44 PM

Yep, happens in the pouch! And if you're driving down the road, and forgot they were there...Anyway, you can drape a piece of fleece over the outside, so they can't actually get skin or wear a thick shirt. To get my reluctant ones in the sissy pouch, I take their pouch (with them in it) out of the cage, and kind of dump them into the sissy. If you have a fleece blanky that smells like yours, you can put it in there to make her more comfortable. You said she is a lunger and biter? Someone else will have to tell you how to close the sissy!

Re: Biting in pouch? - 10/10/05 10:58 PM

Yes, she attacks! So she will still be able to smell me through a shirt? I don't need to wear the pouch under my shirt?

thanks

~ Judy

Re: Biting in pouch? - 10/10/05 11:18 PM

I wear my pouches outside my clothes and it still works.
Posted By: USMom

Re: Biting in pouch? - 10/11/05 12:08 AM

Oh, you can wear it outside, I only wear mine inside my shirt when I've got a sick one on me, or its really cold. Their noses are very sensitive to smell, so outside of your shirt is just as good, as far as a glider is concerned. Unless you want a peircing in the middle of your tummy! LOL!

Re: Biting in pouch? - 10/11/05 01:18 AM

I wear my pouch outside my clothes most of the time. If your getting a pouch with the mesh window you could make sure the window is facing away from your body... less chance of being bitten.
As for getting them into the bonding pouch, you can try leaving the bonding pouch in her cage for her to sleep in, then all you have to do is sneak in and close it up before you wake her, this is what I do and it works for us.

Re: Biting in pouch? - 10/12/05 03:19 AM

I've even been bit through the screen window of my bonding pouches. And that was by one of my sweeter gliders. Just took her shopping on a bad day, I guess.

Shannan

Re: Biting in pouch? - 10/12/05 01:24 PM

Hmm so I should probably get one WITHOUT the window then huh? and please tell me HOW do they breathe in fleece with no air flow? this baffles me!
© 2024 GliderCENTRAL