GliderCENTRAL

Interacting with Other Animals

Posted By: Anonymous

Interacting with Other Animals - 08/23/08 04:43 AM

Can a glider be allowed to interact with other small animals like a hedgehog or bird, or will it be aggressive, thank you.
Posted By: USMom

Re: Interacting with Other Animals - 08/23/08 05:01 AM

No, it will eat them or they will eat the glider.

Re: Interacting with Other Animals - 08/23/08 05:03 AM

Are you sure?

Re: Interacting with Other Animals - 08/23/08 05:04 AM

Yep.

Re: Interacting with Other Animals - 08/23/08 12:29 PM

I'm certainly not an expert, so wait for someone else to maybe have more information, but my understanding is gliders will bond to most other animals if introduced correctly.
Posted By: Kiiru

Re: Interacting with Other Animals - 08/23/08 12:48 PM

I second what Shawna said.

MHoppes - NO NO NO NO NO! Get that PPP garbage outa your head, PLEASE! tant

Re: Interacting with Other Animals - 08/23/08 03:05 PM

Hey like I said.. I'm no expert, was just passing on something I heard... couldn't remember from where, but obviously it was from the PPP folks... sorry about the bad info!

Re: Interacting with Other Animals - 08/23/08 03:11 PM

i remember hearing a story about how a woman had 4 suggies and thought since they stayed in the upper part of the cage she would have a pigeon or some other bird stayin the lower half. next day there wasnt much left of the pigeon. dont think its a good idea.

Re: Interacting with Other Animals - 08/23/08 03:14 PM

Ok ya thanks.
Posted By: suggiemom1980

Re: Interacting with Other Animals - 08/23/08 04:35 PM

Originally Posted By: Kiiru
I second what Shawna said.

MHoppes - NO NO NO NO NO! Get that PPP garbage outa your head, PLEASE! tant

TO BE USED WHEN THINKING ABOUT PPP GLIDER "INFORMATION"

Re: Interacting with Other Animals - 08/23/08 04:46 PM

I agree, as an animal trainer there are species that simply can not interact, please forgive my ignorance but what is PPP that you guys are talking about ?
Posted By: krysKritters

Re: Interacting with Other Animals - 08/23/08 04:58 PM

Gliders will kill any animal they can or the animal will kill the glider.
Sorry but it's true.

Don't you all remember the story of the thief who tried to feed a glider to his snake? cry The snake didn't make out so good...

...And I spoke to someone from GC who told me a story of one of her colonies getting ahold of a common house mouse... to graphic to tell you but the gliders won.

Please never introduce gliders to other species, there are usually devastating results. cry

Re: Interacting with Other Animals - 08/23/08 09:24 PM

Ok thanks, like Celesus said, what is PPP? Thank you.

Re: Interacting with Other Animals - 08/23/08 09:46 PM

Perfect pocket pets. Check some of the other threads on here recently, although I don't know the full details apparently they are spreading incorrect information about glider care, etc.
Posted By: Kiiru

Re: Interacting with Other Animals - 08/23/08 09:58 PM

PPP aka Perfect Pocket Pets is a LARGE glider mill founded by Virgil Klunder. Virgil is a millionare and obviously sees animals as a way to make money. But, he was also involved in a lot of different projects to get where he is today...the glider mill being a big thing of his. PPP spreads incorrect information to lure unsuspecting people into purchasing a glider. They tell their customers things like they require small cages, a heating rock, a pellet diet, are good for kids, get along with other pets, etc. ALL of their info should be heard through a deaf ear because what they tell you isn't correct. They're out for a quick buck and don't care what happens to the gliders or what condition they're in when they leave.

Most of their gliders are sick, neglected, inbred critters. (That's what a mill is, ya? -.-) And right now, there is a lawsuit being compiled against them which will HOPEFULLY put an end to them. They're aware of the true glider community which is why on their site, it says to ignore what you hear on forums and only listen to them because they've raised thousands of gliders. (yeah...thousands of SICK gliders! Most of them are sold with Giardia!)

But, that's PPP...the lovely little PP [censored] P. laugh

Re: Interacting with Other Animals - 08/24/08 05:12 AM

OMG I had no idea, I detest any kind of 'mills' and awful 'breeding' farms ... it's horrifing, the poor angels.... it breaks my heart. My darling breeder won my heart with the care and love she raised my angels with , and the sweetie was in tears when I took my boys home and we are in constant touch, I even take them by her house some times... that is the differance a loving breeder makes. People that can do that kind of thing make me sick.
Posted By: Dancing

Re: Interacting with Other Animals - 08/24/08 06:07 AM

Quote:
And I spoke to someone from GC who told me a story of one of her colonies getting ahold of a common house mouse... to graphic to tell you but the gliders won.

My colony has captured house mice. NOPE, the mouse does NOT stand a chance!

And gliders are not near as cute while they are eating a mouse either....
© 2024 GliderCENTRAL