GliderCENTRAL

The Pet Glider-fruits and veggies?

Posted By: DeeDancer

The Pet Glider-fruits and veggies? - 02/02/09 01:41 AM

The recipe on thepetglider.com says:
"Add 3/4 cup various chopped or precut fruits and vegetables to each portion."

Does this mean 3/4cup fruits and 3/4cup veggies added to portion 1 AND 3/4cup fruits and 3/4cup veggies added to portion 2?

Does it mean 3/4cup fruits and veggies (mixed together-3/4 cup is the total) added to portion 1 AND an additional 3/4cup fruits and veggies added to portion 2?

I ask because my boyfriend and I interpreted this differently and I wanted to clarify.
Posted By: LSardou

Re: The Pet Glider-fruits and veggies? - 02/02/09 01:48 AM

Originally Posted By: DeeDancer
The recipe on thepetglider.com says:
"Add 3/4 cup various chopped or precut fruits and vegetables to each portion."

Does this mean 3/4cup fruits and 3/4cup veggies added to portion 1 AND 3/4cup fruits and 3/4cup veggies added to portion 2?
It's this one. 3/4 cup of each (fruit and veggie) added to the basic mix.

Does it mean 3/4cup fruits and veggies (mixed together-3/4 cup is the total) added to portion 1 AND an additional 3/4cup fruits and veggies added to portion 2?
NO
I ask because my boyfriend and I interpreted this differently and I wanted to clarify.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: The Pet Glider-fruits and veggies? - 02/02/09 01:50 AM

I just read the entire recipe and I took it as 3/4 cup mixed fruits and veggies to portion 1. And, 3/4 cup mixed fruits and veggies to portion 2. So all together you need 1 1/2 cups mixed fruits and veggies or 3/4 cup fruits and 3/4 cup veggies.

I'm glad I chose the BML diet! wink It seems way easier than this one and my gliders love it!

I am not familiar with this diet so I would double check with someone who is. But that is the way I interpreted the recipe.
Posted By: DeeDancer

Re: The Pet Glider-fruits and veggies? - 02/02/09 01:56 AM

Originally Posted By: LSardou

It's this one. 3/4 cup of each (fruit and veggie) added to the basic mix.

Phew-good. That's the way I've been doing it.

Thanks smile
Posted By: GreenSkittle

Re: The Pet Glider-fruits and veggies? - 02/06/09 12:21 AM

This is the diet what I've been feeding my girls and I read it as 3/4c of fruit and 3/4c of veggies added to portion 1 and an additional 3/4 of each added to portion 2; so I use 1 1/2c of each total. Has anyone asked Priscilla about this?

So then, is the general consensus to add 3/8c (half of 3/4) of veggies and 3/8c of fruit to portion 1, and the same to portion 2?

Posted By: IowaMisty

Re: The Pet Glider-fruits and veggies? - 02/06/09 04:12 PM

I just emailed Priscilla to see if she can clarify. I'll let you know when I get an answer.

Misty
Posted By: IowaMisty

Re: The Pet Glider-fruits and veggies? - 02/06/09 05:03 PM

Ok, Priscilla told me that it's 3/4 cup fruit AND 3/4 cup vegetables to EACH portion....so a total of 1.5 cups fruit and 1.5 cups vegetables for the entire batch. I think I'll update that on her diet page on my website too, so it's not confusing on there either.

Misty
© 2024 GliderCENTRAL