GliderCENTRAL

Superworm Farm

Posted By: Anonymous

Superworm Farm - 08/14/06 12:13 PM

I'm trying to start a superworm farm, and it isn't going too well. I have separated each worm into it's own little space because I read somewhere they have to be alone or they eat eachother. I was feeding them cubed potatoes, but ran into a mold problem. Maybe they need to be better ventilated? I'v had this farm going for about three weeks and I find dead ones every few days.

Any advice would be helpful. Thanks!

Justine
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Superworm Farm - 08/14/06 12:27 PM

I don't farm supers but try a lighter less moldy veggie, like the romaine lettuce, even small tears off of a piece of iceberg lettuce. Or a small piece of carrot. You don't want too much moisture. They are very proficient at extracting fluids from cereals and oats all by themselves. Once or twice a week, feed them a piece of the lettuce/carrot on a piece of papertowel.

How are your containers? Do they have holes for ventalation? Can you post a picture or PM me what you got there?

You can farm these guys almost identical to mealworm farming, with the exception that you cannot place them in the refrigerator to keep them from morphing.....
© 2024 GliderCENTRAL