GliderCENTRAL

What to do to stop something?

Posted By: Taryn

What to do to stop something? - 01/05/12 04:00 AM

So my gliders were having a groom fest in my lap a minute ago which soon after turned into Luxe biting my ankles. Ow! Lol
I let him do it though, bc I didn't know..is there a certain noise or something I could make that gliders make to each other to let each other know they are hurting them etc? Sometimes he nips my fingers too. Not biting, just tasting them. Doesnt really hurt but he's trying to figure out what they are. Lol.
Thanks!
Posted By: kjgoulet

Re: What to do to stop something? - 01/05/12 04:10 AM

*tsst!*

that's the noise I make and it seems to work, well most of the time LOL! Odie still likes to nibble on my fingers tounge

Re: What to do to stop something? - 01/05/12 04:18 AM

Ok. I will try it!
Ow my ankle still hurts. Lol. Luxe did an amazing job grooming some of my flesh off! Lol
Posted By: Meg_n_Von

Re: What to do to stop something? - 01/05/12 07:19 AM

Ouch, lol. Hopefully the "tsst" sound will work for you. I know I sure wouldn't want my ankle nibbled on... :O)
Posted By: JillMarie

Re: What to do to stop something? - 01/05/12 08:58 AM

The TSSST sound, and redirect them with something better, like a toy.
Posted By: yiyo

Re: What to do to stop something? - 01/05/12 12:54 PM

Also, keep in mind that it may be a type of soap, lotion, or perfume that you're using that they're attracted to that smells yummy. So, you may want to consider trying something different and see if they still do it or not.
Posted By: IslandGliders

Re: What to do to stop something? - 01/05/12 02:25 PM

Redirect, and be patient. They will grow out of this (for the most part).

Good advice about the lotions. Be aware of what you smell like. LOL

Also, wear lots of clothing in tent time. Protect as much as you can. smile
Posted By: midnight

Re: What to do to stop something? - 01/05/12 02:29 PM

My pair drastically stopped nibbling at about 3 months or 4 months oop. They grew out of it but still nibble every now and then
Posted By: heidi

Re: What to do to stop something? - 01/05/12 04:38 PM

tssst tsst and i leep uky leaves to drag across the floor so they can pounce and take them from me...sometimes i twist tie a bell on the branch to make even more fun...
Posted By: IndieAndStella

Re: What to do to stop something? - 01/05/12 04:59 PM

the TSST does nothing to my girls, they dont even flinch! ive started using "no biting" or "ouch" in a soft but firm voice, but usually MY flinching from the nibble does the trick. ive noticed since its winter, and the humidity has fallen drastically, they like to nibble where my skin is the driest - elbows, ankles, even one likes to pull at my cuticles (free manicure! lol).

my girls have also started making this clicking/chattering noise at eachother, so i tried it out. it got their attention right away, but i must have been saying something mean in "glider chatter" because one looked at me sideways and ran up my arm, clicked in my face and then ran onto my back and stayed there.

Re: What to do to stop something? - 01/05/12 07:43 PM

Haha. That's so funny! When I talk to Luxe, he sometimes tilts his head like a dog would. It's hilarious! But I too worry that I may "say" something in glider that is not nice and they will be offended. Lol

I will def try the tsst and be aware of the lotions, etc. when I have tent time tonight.

And wear longer pants! Haha
Posted By: Dwiizie

Re: What to do to stop something? - 01/05/12 08:02 PM

I've been really REALLY debating on getting the Forever Lazy snuggie thing and using that for tent time, kind of like a big soft beekeeper suit. I just haven't seen them in real life and I want to know if the inside of the zipper is just cheap zipper backing or if they enclosed it. They're buy one get one free, so you could change "glider suits" every other day or whatever you like. Anyone else thought of this or do this already? https://www.orderforeverlazy.com/
Posted By: DCMuffin

Re: What to do to stop something? - 01/05/12 08:04 PM

Okay, I'm totally gonna out myself here. I LOVE footy pajamas. LOL I have several of them (one of them is a monkey :rofl2: ) and I DO wear these during playtime. I don't have the Forever Lazy, but they're so inexpensive...why NOT get one? They're adorable, they're very soft (I've opened a box and felt them) and I think they're just plain awesome.

I do think they would work well for nippers and other "taste tester" gliders. dunno
Posted By: Dwiizie

Re: What to do to stop something? - 01/05/12 08:10 PM

LOL my comfort soul mate! I just recently threw away my last surviving footie pajamas. I accidentally melted the feet in the dryer shakehead
© 2024 GliderCENTRAL