GliderCENTRAL

biting my toes!!

Posted By: Anonymous

biting my toes!! - 11/05/08 08:11 PM

ok.. so zoey never bites me ever.. well nips playfully while grooming.. not hard... but naya has taken up this like of toes.. she doesn't bite my fingers or anything else and i can pick her up from behing.. catch her with my hand and she just isn't a bit hand biter or doesnt seem aggressive.. ok.. so if my mom or i are in the room without socks and she is running around playing we know to guard our toes! she will sneak up and take a nibble.. and unless i pull my foot back she will get a little harder and loovveess to nip the place in between my toes.. it tickles at first then... ouch... any advice?

Re: biting my toes!! - 11/05/08 08:17 PM

Wear socks
Posted By: CharmedSuggies

Re: biting my toes!! - 11/05/08 08:25 PM

LOL, mine do that and yes if I wear socks they seem to leave them alone but watch out, as soon as there are no scoks they thinks its funny to nip my toes and then run! little goobers, lol

Re: biting my toes!! - 11/05/08 08:31 PM

ok.. i didn't know if this was sort of just a play thing.. haha..i try to wear socks.. i just didn't know if theyd ever stop.. haha
Posted By: chattrbabe

Re: biting my toes!! - 11/05/08 08:55 PM

Fuzzy does that.

Re: biting my toes!! - 11/05/08 10:37 PM

Socks won't even necessarily stop it, but it will reduce the pain smile

My Kaya acts like a starving person that's just seen a hamburger when she sees my toes. She'll be puttering a long like nothing then all the sudden WAM! Suggie-toe attack! I don't get it. I don't think it's a smell thing. Maybe they just look like yummy, big, wormies??

My solution is to wear pants long enough they cover my feet and I just tuck my toes in when they're near them LOL! Good luck!

Re: biting my toes!! - 11/05/08 11:23 PM

Originally Posted By: Brittney

My Kaya acts like a starving person that's just seen a hamburger when she sees my toes. She'll be puttering a long like nothing then all the sudden WAM! Suggie-toe attack! I don't get it. I don't think it's a smell thing. Maybe they just look like yummy, big, wormies??

roflmao roflmao roflmao

I have several toe obsessed gliders so I'm definitely feeling the pain too. I've learned to remember to slip my crocs on when anyone is out in their room. If I have someone in quarantine and having to do tent playtime only then i put on a pair of the hubbys thick hunting socks and some elastic bottom sweat pants that I can pull down over my feet-double protection for my sensitive piggies.

Re: biting my toes!! - 11/06/08 12:03 AM

I always thought it was the color of my nail polish mine were after or maybe they just thought my feet taste good? Who knows those crazy lil fur butts.
Posted By: sugarlope

Re: biting my toes!! - 11/06/08 01:33 AM

Originally Posted By: glidernubcake
ok.. i didn't know if this was sort of just a play thing.. haha..i try to wear socks.. i just didn't know if theyd ever stop.. haha

I have a 7 1/2 year old...it never stops...roflmao (and I would say shoes, or learn to sit on your feet). roflmao
Posted By: Cyndiann

Re: biting my toes!! - 11/07/08 10:55 PM

Mine like toes too smile

The other thing... is they like to bite my "patagaium"; aka the skin in the crook between my thumb and pointer finger.... (Dont know what else to call it!).

Cyndi

Re: biting my toes!! - 11/08/08 03:37 AM

yes... well i took the advice of just covering my toes with pants or whatever i could and it worked.. she doesn't even pay them any attention anymore.. its so funny
Posted By: wclanton423

Re: biting my toes!! - 11/08/08 05:56 PM

I did our first tent time the other night and Marley loves my toes. It's like she is fascinated by them. She even puts her tail straight in the air and attackes them. So cute!
Posted By: Gossamer

Re: biting my toes!! - 11/08/08 06:37 PM

Yup - I have to wear slippers when my two are out. Love those stinky toes.

Re: biting my toes!! - 11/08/08 08:00 PM

What can we say, but that TOES seem to be a favorite of the sugar gliders. agree grin
© 2024 GliderCENTRAL