GliderCENTRAL

Possible to stop barking?

Posted By: Anonymous

Possible to stop barking? - 01/17/09 06:35 AM

Is it possible to teach a glider to NOT bark? Our doors are very thin, and one or the othr usually barks some time between 3AM and 6AM almost every night - it wakes us up even with the door closed to their room.

C.
Posted By: jacknsally

Re: Possible to stop barking? - 01/17/09 06:44 AM

sorry but there's not. It's a form of communication and there's no stopping it.

Re: Possible to stop barking? - 01/17/09 06:45 AM

Have you TRIED??? LOL I am always so concerned whenever i hear barking, because it is so rare at my house. It seems whever one of my gilr sis barking they are pretty much inconsolable... Not sure if it is a happy sound or what, that's still up for debate. But whatever it means, I'm pretty sure you SHOULDN'T try to stop it. Maybe move them to the other end of the house from your bedroom???

Re: Possible to stop barking? - 01/17/09 06:47 AM

Do you get the paper delivered?
Posted By: jacknsally

Re: Possible to stop barking? - 01/17/09 06:48 AM

a gliders bark is like a dogs bark or a cats meow. There are different types and different reasons. Gliders will bark to warn others, gliders will bark just to talk and gliders will bark to gain attention.

Re: Possible to stop barking? - 01/18/09 04:15 PM

I have 1 glider that barks and 1 that doesn't ever bark. When we got Pogo she was a single glider and pretty young. She barked all night the first night and hasn't done it since. I knwo she can, she just doesn't. Lilly on the other hand likes to bark and once she gets going there is no stopping her. She only seems to bark when Pogo decides it's time to go to bed and she still wants to play. It's like she barks to keep her awake.
Posted By: BindiAndScrubbie

Re: Possible to stop barking? - 01/18/09 04:22 PM

One of mine barks at my cat if I forget to shut their door at night

Re: Possible to stop barking? - 01/20/09 06:13 AM

Mine bark.. around the same time. All I do is I just turn the light on and shush them. The mother usually only barks when she's hungry and won't stop til she gets food.
Posted By: ORsuggiemomma

Re: Possible to stop barking? - 01/20/09 06:17 AM

mine bark at my kids if they get out of bed and they aren't supposed to....they are tattle tales! it's FUNNY! and they bark if I didn't give them their mealies and they want them. or if they want out of the cage. they LOVE ATTENTION!
Posted By: Gossamer

Re: Possible to stop barking? - 01/20/09 11:27 AM

My guys barked alot when they were younger. they don't seem to bark as much now. They also go in phazes. They will bark every night for a week, then I won't hear a peep from them for a month.

JustTwo - are you going to them when they bark? You could be teaching them that when they bark, they get your attention. I used to go to mine every time they barked, now I don't. I've learned to tell the difference between a "somethings wrong" bark and I "I'm ALIVE!!" bark.
Posted By: pebbles1975

Re: Possible to stop barking? - 01/20/09 11:36 AM

I have one that just will bark to be barking. I think Beauty kicks him out of the pouch and then he will just go to the side of the cage and bark forever then he will eventually go to sleep. I cannot get him to be quiet. I will give him mealies and yogurt drops and he eats them and goes back to barking. On the other hand my others will mainly just bark to tell me something is wrong, like they knocked down their pouch, out of water, or still hungry and their food is gone or whatever is up with them.

I sleep with a fan on to block out noise b/c I am a light sleeper so even the running on the wheel wakes me up.
© 2024 GliderCENTRAL