GliderCENTRAL

White mo or leu?

Posted By: becpop

White mo or leu? - 05/30/12 06:40 PM

I have this little girl that is almost 12 weeks OOP now. Her mother is a leucistic and her dad is a 66% leu het silver mosaic. She has no grey tinted fur or dark whiskers but her ear tips are much darker than any other leu I have had. What do you think? Leu or white mo?

Posted By: Lunalove

Re: White mo or leu? - 05/30/12 06:52 PM

Shes gorgeous that's what she is!!! LOL...sorry off topic but had to say it! I'm still learning all the color variations so that's why my expert opinion is gorgeous!

:bb: Luna

:grey: Phoebe
Posted By: ColonyMama

Re: White mo or leu? - 05/30/12 07:03 PM

My leu has dark tipped ears but not that dark. I think that is normal for leus though.
Posted By: IslandGliders

Re: White mo or leu? - 05/30/12 07:16 PM

I'm gonna guess leu, but keep a close eye out for a black whisker or any silver shading on her back that might pop up.

My leu boy had dark-edged ears like that, though not that dramatic.
Posted By: JanetGlider

Re: White mo or leu? - 05/30/12 07:33 PM

She is stunning! I am guessing she might be my grand daughter out of Damon and Elena? Really cute!

My first thought was White Mo but she probably is a Leu with really dark ears. Keep a watch for dark whiskers and any silvershading like several have said. Either
way she is adorable.
Posted By: Meg_n_Von

Re: White mo or leu? - 05/30/12 07:33 PM

I'm thinking leu. I know a few different people have leus with darker ears. :O)
Posted By: becpop

Re: White mo or leu? - 05/31/12 01:56 AM

Originally Posted By: JanetGlider
She is stunning! I am guessing she might be my grand daughter out of Damon and Elena? Really cute!

Yes, she is Elena's little joey! This little girl is like a mini Elena in appearance and personality.
My family loves her but thankfully she has found a home or I'd be tempted to keep her cause I need more gliders! rofl
Posted By: GliderNursery

Re: White mo or leu? - 05/31/12 02:34 AM

Originally Posted By: becpop
I'd be tempted to keep her cause I need more gliders! rofl

Don't we all?? :rofl2:
Posted By: cinnamonstix

Re: White mo or leu? - 05/31/12 07:01 AM

Take pics of her whiskers and zoom way in to see if you can see any color. I have a joey kind of like her right now, mine has actual spots on her ears though, they started out so faint and now are getting darker. Also, with her I notice the whiskers being more like a dark blonde rather than white when really zoomed in.

I have not seen ears that dark on a leu before, so I would keep asking around.
Posted By: Dancing

Re: White mo or leu? - 05/31/12 03:51 PM

From what I've seen of photos over the years is leus might have a grey tint around the edges of their ears but on your joey, the ears are really dark, almost completely black around the edges. So I'd say white mosaic.
Posted By: finnessa

Re: White mo or leu? - 05/31/12 04:42 PM

I'd say give her a bit more time and you may have surprise spots show up. I'd say though same as Dancing that she is a white mosaic.

I sold a boy in October that was solid white till he hit about 6 weeks old and sprouted one tiny spot on his ear. He recently had his first joey with his new owner and the joey was a mosaic.
Posted By: DCMuffin

Re: White mo or leu? - 05/31/12 04:48 PM

I'm going to agree with the others and say white mo, as well.

Re: White mo or leu? - 05/31/12 07:32 PM

Becca, I'm thinking you should just send her to me so I can figure it out for all of you! :rofl2:
Posted By: Ryark

Re: White mo or leu? - 06/10/12 08:50 PM

Beautiful!
Posted By: lilangels

Re: White mo or leu? - 06/10/12 10:54 PM

Isn't Shelly so kind to offer to take her for you and figure it all out :haha:
I think the ears are awfully dark for a leu. I am guessing a white mosaic. Hopefully as she gets bigger you will see for sure signs or spots.
Posted By: Cora

Re: White mo or leu? - 06/10/12 11:35 PM

I say white mo, Kovu doesnt even have that much dark on his ears but proved out to be a white mo with only the light spotted ears. Send that glider to and I will prove out for ya wink

Re: White mo or leu? - 06/11/12 02:00 AM

Originally Posted By: lilangels
Isn't Shelly so kind to offer to take her for you and figure it all out :haha:

Hey, it's the least I can do! wink
Posted By: hwh4ev

Re: White mo or leu? - 06/11/12 02:28 AM

with those ears, i also say a mo.

beautiful baby. somebody got lucky.

regards,
nancy in detroit
Posted By: Glide_Bye_Lily

Re: White mo or leu? - 06/11/12 03:57 AM

In the first pic, it looks like there is a hard black to white line separating the colors on the ears. I've seen this with mosaics. I saw white mo.
© 2020 GliderCENTRAL