GliderCENTRAL

Breaks in stripes

Posted By: Srlb

Breaks in stripes - 02/26/14 07:24 PM

So over the years we have seen people note that some of their gliders (mainly powdered out mosaics/white mosaics) get a dark spot on the back of their necks.... I was just wondering if anyone ever had a dark glider to lose part of their stripe?
I have Angel here who is a very dark Black Beauty. Today I finally got how her stripe is just disappearing....

This was her a little over a year ago:
Posted By: Feather

Re: Breaks in stripes - 02/26/14 08:10 PM

Interesting that it is disappearing.

I had a couple WF gliders born here that had a small break in their stripe right where your glider's is disappearing.
Posted By: Typhoonkitty

Re: Breaks in stripes - 03/03/14 04:19 AM

Maybe it's just something that they do? Like how cats with orange in their fur will develop harmless black spots on their noses that will move around, merge with other spots, then form new ones? (If you've never seen it happen... It's weird.) I guess a better analogy would be blonde hair turning brown as the kid gets older. Anyway.... It's interesting.
Posted By: Dayton Gliders

Re: Breaks in stripes - 03/30/14 05:02 AM

Peggy, does she have any mosaic in the line? I would say a mosaic marker, but it is very odd how it is just a straight up break, and a pretty large one at that! This is very interesting, she is gorgeous though!
Posted By: Lisette

Re: Breaks in stripes - 04/01/14 05:13 PM

This post is really interesting to me as I've been noticing that my mosaic girl has been losing the spot on her head! (Losing the colour, not the fur) She always had a bit of a break, but it's been creeping up toward her nose. Weird!

I've attached a couple pics (I hope) Sugar 1 was taken in Jan 2013 (approx. 6mo OOP) Sugar 2 was taken just recently (approx. 1yr 8mo OOP)

Attached File
Sugar 1.BMP  (38 downloads)
Attached File
Sugar 2.BMP  (26 downloads)
Posted By: StitchsMom

Re: Breaks in stripes - 04/06/14 04:18 AM

How interesting! I only have experience with mosaics losing color. Well, my older gray suggie kids have gotten lighter in color over the years, but no breaks in stripes or anything.
© 2024 GliderCENTRAL