GliderCENTRAL

What defines a champagne glider?

Posted By: konotashi

What defines a champagne glider? - 11/29/08 12:41 AM

I was looking at pictures, and I wound up going to a color catalogue, and I'm not totally sure what defines a champagne.
Posted By: SugareeErin

Re: What defines a champagne glider? - 11/29/08 01:19 AM

They can be light silver with a broken/short maroon colored stripe or they can have golden coloring. Simba in my avitar is a Champagne WFB ringtail.

Re: What defines a champagne glider? - 11/29/08 02:10 AM

Do they have to have champagne in their bloodline?
Posted By: Guerita135

Re: What defines a champagne glider? - 11/29/08 07:31 AM

Originally Posted By: SugareeErin
with a broken/short maroon colored stripe

???

I've never seen a maroon-colored stripe on ANY glider! :roflamo:

Marissa, a champage is simply a lighter-colored glider(silvery, rather then the normal gray) with a thin, short(doesn't go all the way to the tail) stripe. wink

My boy, Spice, has lightened out to look like a champagne(I just consider him a gray, but I've been told by 2 different breeders that he looks like a champagne. All I know is that he's my baby. wink I'll see if I can dig up a recent pic of him(he was stained in his old pics).

Re: What defines a champagne glider? - 11/29/08 07:40 AM

Well, I can't find any good recent pics I have of him, but I do have some pics of Leda. She's a WFB, but now that I think of it, she should probably be a WFC instead. Here are some pics of her:

Coloring varies champagnes, some are darker, some are lighter. I think that Leda would be on the lighter end of the spectrum. wink
Posted By: SugareeErin

Re: What defines a champagne glider? - 11/29/08 07:54 AM

dunno I guess maybe maroon wasn't the right word, but I though they had an off color stripe. I thought I remembered it being described as maroon. Is it a red or brown stripe color? I only have Simba, a champagne gold but Sugaree is out of chamagne lines. She just had a joey I thought was champagne but since her mom isn't I called her WFB.

Re: What defines a champagne glider? - 11/29/08 08:21 AM

So should champagne really be a 'color' variation? Shouldn't they just be considered as lighter gliders?
Some glider colors totally throw me off. Like sunkissed, buttercream, cinnimon, chocolate apricot, tan, and reds....
Posted By: tammyangel

Re: What defines a champagne glider? - 11/29/08 08:23 AM

Also Champagne gliders are also considered a beige reddish color.She wasn't gray or silver in color.

My sterling is a champagne

http://s235.photobucket.com/albums/ee93/tammyangel70/New%20album%20Babies/?action=view&current=100_1960.jpg

http://s235.photobucket.com/albums/ee93/tammyangel70/New%20album%20Babies/?action=view&current=100_1971.jpg

Re: What defines a champagne glider? - 11/29/08 08:25 AM

So there's color variations within a color variation?
Posted By: tammyangel

Re: What defines a champagne glider? - 11/29/08 08:35 AM

Yeah Priscillas website has different variations on them.I got two brand new babies cant wait too see how they will color out.Hoping they will be as gorgeous as the boys this pair has had.

Re: What defines a champagne glider? - 11/29/08 08:01 PM

Lol, yeah, BB, champagne, brownie, etc... are all just grays. I think we give them those colors because we want them to be *extra special*, lol.
Posted By: gliderboy4life

Re: What defines a champagne glider? - 11/29/08 09:50 PM

Here are some pics of my red champagne girl Aditi. She is also a creme-ino het. She is one of the prettiest gliders!

Champagne is a color variation to me. That is if you have a true champagne. true champagnes will have babies that are champagne. Champagnes can come from other lines. Just like with reds, bb, or anything else like that, but if you have the color the odds of them throwing that color are better.

Nicole from Ledas pictures i wouldn't call her a champagne. Just a WFB that has silver tones or "Platinum tones" she is very light and pretty.

Champagnes aren't really silver they are very different. I will try and get some pics for ya'll of Champ at the pet glider. He is the "original" champagne over there and SOOOOO pretty. He has produced babies like him.

http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk260/gliderboygliders/DSC00842.jpg
http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk260/gliderboygliders/DSC00247.jpg
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: What defines a champagne glider? - 11/29/08 10:13 PM

She's so pretty! Although all yours are cute roflmao

Re: What defines a champagne glider? - 11/29/08 11:26 PM

THanks!

Re: What defines a champagne glider? - 11/29/08 11:33 PM

I can't stop looking at that picture. I've never seen a glider with such an awesome hue to their fur. It probably doesn't help that she's next to such a gorgeous creamino!
Posted By: JayAndDiana

Re: What defines a champagne glider? - 11/30/08 04:45 PM

My Ethan was sold to me as a champagne... from a sterile line. His stripe is more brown, and his color has a lighter hue to it. His stripe also ends mid way down his back:

Ethan Champagne

Re: What defines a champagne glider? - 11/30/08 07:21 PM

Thanks guys! Aditi and BooBoo(the creme-ino) are SO pretty!
© 2024 GliderCENTRAL