GliderCENTRAL

teeth scrapping?

Posted By: Anonymous

teeth scrapping? - 03/28/11 04:25 PM

My girl Bugsie just started recently scrapping her teeth on me. I might get a lick or two and then she starts scrapping me and it doesn't feel so good. Why is she doing this? Is it a form of grooming? Should I feel flattered?? smile

Thanks
Posted By: DCMuffin

Re: teeth scrapping? - 03/28/11 06:14 PM

Yep! Feel flattered (and sore!!! lol). She's grooming you, just a little harder than you want her to! She's tasting you, in a way - but you don't have to allow it. Licking is fine..but if she starts to scrape with her teeth, just gently reposition or redirect her to something else. Some gliders are like this, others go through phases where they want to groom just a bit harder than usual.

Re: teeth scrapping? - 03/28/11 09:50 PM

You know.. my 2 twins (Luna and Bolt) are obsessed with grooming me head.. they'll wrap around my neck.. stand up on 2 feet and completely get lose in my hair.. and they'll start SCRAPING their teeth as if their lives depended on it!

They draw blood!

I've tried the pssssst, i've tried redirecting them.. but if I just plain stick my fingers in and move them-- they don't realize it's my finger and will keep scraping / biting-- they do NOt like to be interrupted while they're cleaning me..

OUCH and.. help??? lol
Posted By: angelic4296

Re: teeth scrapping? - 03/28/11 10:22 PM

Missy, I usually tell people to wear something like a hoodie with the hood up and tied so that they can't get to your head/hair...

Sidenote, also if they're in your hair grooming, PLEASE be sure to check them very well for any stray hairs that could get wrapped around their bodies or limbs...hair will cut off circulation for a glider, which can lead to necrotic tissue and infection, so do a thorough check after they're done in your hair....

Re: teeth scrapping? - 03/28/11 10:36 PM

Hey Jess,

No worries I check them thoroughly..

And thank you very much for the advice..

I guess it's hard to remember because the second I'm home.. they're on me running around my hoodie / shirt.

In the mornings when I wake up.. they're waiting for me and I go and "pick them up" from their cage and bring them in for "bathroom play time" while I'm getting ready for the day..

I'll try my best to remember to wear a hoodie tied so that they don't keep giving me love bites that end in scabs!!
© 2024 GliderCENTRAL