GliderCENTRAL

scent glands

Posted By: Anonymous

scent glands - 11/01/06 08:46 AM

do neutered males develop the bald sent glad on the head and chest?

I would think not... Zero is neutered and they took the pom.

anyone know?

Re: scent glands - 11/01/06 09:08 AM

yeah and i was wondering..where is the glands at the chest..couldnt see any

Re: scent glands - 11/01/06 11:43 AM

No, neutered males do not have the bald spot or the visible evidence of the scent gland. I have 2 neutered and 1 intact male. The intact male has that mildly skunky smell to the top of his head....doesn't stop me from hissing him though! LOL. The two neutered ones have no scent and no bald spots.

As for the chest...the spot on the chest is right between the front legs. It is not as prominent as the one on the head. I only noticed Romeo's scent gland on his chest when he kept rubbing it all over me to cover the scent of the pee of my neutered male. The two of them have this on-going contest to be the last to mark me before I go to bed. They are hilarious. They will even give up mealies to spend time peeing and rubbing all over my arms. My other neutered male is my 'Chubby Bubby' Cocoa. He wouldn't give up a mealie for anything on the planet. He's a snacker, not a lover OR a fighter. LOL.

Those different personalities never cease to amaze me. My little female thinks they are all idiots.

Re: scent glands - 11/01/06 01:17 PM

Since getting him neutered, Sampson's bald spot has completely gone away. He was about 4.5 months oop, and definitely becoming a man. He had a pretty active chest gland, and the staining from that is ALMOST all gone. It's been about 2.5 weeks since he was fixed.

Re: scent glands - 11/01/06 01:53 PM

ohh i see
© 2024 GliderCENTRAL