GliderCENTRAL

Do gliders have an undercoat?

Posted By: Gizmogirl

Do gliders have an undercoat? - 09/16/10 06:49 AM

I have noticed that my gliders fur looks "cracked". The air is pretty dry right now over here as we are in a change of season from winter to spring.

I was wondering if anyone has experienced this and if this could be the reason for the "cracked" fur.

Do gliders get a thicker coat with fur underneath when it's cold?

I am hoping Marz will come along to give some input.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Do gliders have an undercoat? - 09/16/10 03:58 PM

Not sure about the undercoat thing...but I know people have said that the glider's fur is more cracked with the season changes. dunno

Re: Do gliders have an undercoat? - 09/16/10 05:27 PM

I think gliders do have an undercoat. Don't all Black Beauties have a black undercoat on their bellies? Mine do. The fur is blond but if you look down into the base of the fur, close to the skin, it's black.
Posted By: DCMuffin

Re: Do gliders have an undercoat? - 09/16/10 05:37 PM

Huh...interesting. Now I have to look more closely...

Re: Do gliders have an undercoat? - 09/16/10 08:40 PM

Originally Posted By: Karen523
I think gliders do have an undercoat. Don't all Black Beauties have a black undercoat on their bellies? Mine do. The fur is blond but if you look down into the base of the fur, close to the skin, it's black.

I think they have undercoat, but I have never heard that description to determine BB or not. Interesting!
Posted By: sugarlope

Re: Do gliders have an undercoat? - 09/17/10 03:08 AM

We have had discussion here in the past about some peopl noticing their fur gets thicker during cold seasons as well.
Posted By: Gizmogirl

Re: Do gliders have an undercoat? - 09/18/10 11:45 AM

Thank you thumb
© 2024 GliderCENTRAL