GliderCENTRAL

How do you Teach your glider to use a wheel

Posted By: Zeki

How do you Teach your glider to use a wheel - 11/21/09 06:43 PM

Misant is our new rescue, and we have a wheel for him, but he prefures to run his cage by running up the wall across the top and down the wall and over an over again, the wheel we have is huge, for him, Iv been putting meelies in the wheel for him to sit and know its ok, he does that fine, but he doesnt like his wheel? lol he is a weird little fella, an Im glad he is fine with how he has his own imaginary wheel? but I also ponder if he is just trying to push his cage over LOL.. I dought the ladder, but.. anyone else have a glider who rather run their cage then a wheel? over an over for hours?
Posted By: Bourbon

Re: How do you Teach your glider to use a wheel - 11/21/09 07:26 PM

several things...

place a treat in there for him
or

hold a mealie or his fav treat towards the top outside of the wheel while he is in it..

Chatterbabe, said to use a feather teaser also on the outside while he is in it so he has to climb to try to get it..
Posted By: gliderdad79

Re: How do you Teach your glider to use a wheel - 11/21/09 09:05 PM

I had a glider who liked running on the top of it for while till he realized he could hold on better on the inside and spin around. Now he runs inside, besides that I never had a problem with a glider running in a wheel.

Bourbon gave some good tips and would try that thumb
Posted By: minkasmom

Re: How do you Teach your glider to use a wheel - 11/21/09 09:59 PM

Zeki, you might have to take the wheel into the tent...place him IN the wheel and slowly turn it, forcing him to walk with the rotation. He might be completely clueless that he can walk quickly inside it.

(Mind you, folks, this is a COMFORT Wheel that she's using...it'd be so SWEET if he had a Stealth or Custom Cruiser, but there's no room in the cage for one of Bourbon's delights)
Posted By: Zeki

Re: How do you Teach your glider to use a wheel - 11/22/09 01:21 AM

ok sigh well Im taken a break from him atm, I was pouch breaking him by my hand being in the pouch an he bit me real good, Ill put him in the tent tonight an see if I can see if he likes it or maybe trade Honeys, wheel with his because hers looks like a movie film thingy...
Iv never had this protective pouch issue like he is really giving me.. were doing every thing denise, no wheel, no cover, just food an his hammock pouch ... sighs.. I think I need a vacation for a few hours hehehehe
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: How do you Teach your glider to use a wheel - 11/22/09 01:44 AM

Quote:

(Mind you, folks, this is a COMFORT Wheel that she's using...it'd be so SWEET if he had a Stealth or Custom Cruiser, but there's no room in the cage for one of Bourbon's delights)

Zeki, If you PM me your address.. I have a brand new Stealth Wheel jr I will mail you monday!!
© 2024 GliderCENTRAL