GliderCENTRAL

I NEED YOUR HELP STOPPING PERFECT POCKET PETS!!!

Posted By: Anonymous

I NEED YOUR HELP STOPPING PERFECT POCKET PETS!!! - 03/07/08 06:17 PM

Okay I talked to a man named Rolly(sp?) with the acutal exhibits for the Iowa State Fair. I had about a 20 minute conversation with him about the bad business practices perfect pocket pets does. He said he had people actually wanting them to come back. I explained that you will always have people that had good experience but the number of people that had bad experiences far outweighs this. So, here is what I need from the community. HELP me dig up old conversations from the site. Anything having to do with perfect pocket pets. Give me the links to these, I'll print them out and I am mailing them to this guy. ANY Emails people have with communication for this company would be great! I know there were some posts about gliders dying, getting sick, misinformation. All of it. Dig it up, search for it and send me the link. I want to print out all that we can find!! We can get this people stopped. Rolly (sp?) is interested in getting this information and I will be sending it out. I want to send it as soon as possible. The more time I have to prevent this the better. Also it would help if people emailed letters the Iowa State Fair committee as well!
Posted By: jacknsally

Re: I NEED YOUR HELP STOPPING PERFECT POCKET PETS!!! - 03/07/08 06:23 PM

http://sesg.suggies.net/viewtopic.php?t=407
Posted By: ValkyrieMome

Re: I NEED YOUR HELP STOPPING PERFECT POCKET PETS!!! - 03/07/08 06:26 PM

Hey - Alia, can I tag on here?

I'm actually starting to look into a class action lawsuit against these people - and others.

To do this, I need lots of documentation. People who are willing to submit sworn affidavits, vet bills, specifics of date and time. I would have to have addresses and Phone numbers for contacting you - but I swear they will be only used for this purpose.

So, anything you submit to Alia, please consider PMing or emailing to me as well.

These people, and the others like them, MUST be stopped - not just at ONE flea market, but at all of them.

Re: I NEED YOUR HELP STOPPING PERFECT POCKET PETS!!! - 03/07/08 06:27 PM

It sends me to a register screen. I registered but have to wait for administrative approval.

Re: I NEED YOUR HELP STOPPING PERFECT POCKET PETS!!! - 03/07/08 06:28 PM

Yes that is exactly what I am wanting. Emails, letters, vet bills. Anything people are willing to send and we can muster up. We have to have enough proof for them to be stopped. And I will definitely send those to you as well once I get them all compiled!
Posted By: Kiiru

Re: I NEED YOUR HELP STOPPING PERFECT POCKET PETS!!! - 03/07/08 06:36 PM

Oooo. I hope he can do something!

http://www.glidercentral.net/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/495117/fpart/1 - Pepto bismol for suggies...mmm

http://www.sugarglider.com/glidergossip/topic.asp?whichpage=1&TOPIC_ID=11809&#72403

For some reason, I'm having problems finding stuff now. frown I keep getting how they're perfect pocket pets to own...

Re: I NEED YOUR HELP STOPPING PERFECT POCKET PETS!!! - 03/07/08 06:44 PM

Thank you Kiiru, I found a couple links off that site. Hopefully we can find anymore. I figure if I have a big stack full of things they have to listen!

Re: I NEED YOUR HELP STOPPING PERFECT POCKET PETS!!! - 03/07/08 06:55 PM

Can't offer what you're looking for, other than support so here it is: GOOD LUCK!!!

and THANK YOU!

Re: I NEED YOUR HELP STOPPING PERFECT POCKET PETS!!! - 03/07/08 06:57 PM

THANK YOU Brittney!! Okay another thing I thought about. I remember seeing some information fliers on here somewhere. I should print off some good information to show what PPP is doing wrong. Anyone know where those fliers are?

Re: I NEED YOUR HELP STOPPING PERFECT POCKET PETS!!! - 03/07/08 07:04 PM

I did a search for the thread Alia initiated last summer about Perfect Pcoket Pets. Where did it go??? That thread is very lengthy and it is very valuable in stopping the PPP nationwide! We need that thread! I believe it is called, "Ugh! Perfect Pocket Pets!" dated late July or early August.

Jen

Re: I NEED YOUR HELP STOPPING PERFECT POCKET PETS!!! - 03/07/08 07:11 PM

Originally Posted By: AliaBrown
It sends me to a register screen. I registered but have to wait for administrative approval.

I'm a SESG member, and can send you information from those threads about them.

Re: I NEED YOUR HELP STOPPING PERFECT POCKET PETS!!! - 03/07/08 07:17 PM

PixTrix, I know I couldn't find it either and that was my number one thing to print off!!!

ValkyrieMome- It was the link from JacknSally. I finally got it to work!

Re: I NEED YOUR HELP STOPPING PERFECT POCKET PETS!!! - 03/07/08 07:20 PM

Hello I am not sure I can help but my daughter age 17 was allowed to purchase two gliders at the mall from pocket pets they both had an infection not guardia cost a lot at vets ofice i complained several times to pocket pets they were sick hardly any response i even talked to people at mall and they said i should complain for allowing company to sell them to someone underage hoe this will help

ludiedi

Re: I NEED YOUR HELP STOPPING PERFECT POCKET PETS!!! - 03/07/08 07:22 PM

Oh, my vet will be HAPPY to write something up documenting the sick gliders that came into her with Ghiardia and eye infections, etc. within days of showing up at our local fair.

I've been LIVID all day because I work with animal rescue and we do trade shows, etc. to educate the public, etc. and GUESS WHO IS THERE?!?!?!?!?!? And, because our spot is donated, I have been FORBIDDEN to say a word about them so we don't lose our spot next year!!! Ohhh but I have my ways of getting the word out about them. Unlike them, I don't have to LIE to people! All I have to do is give them websites to go visit and they can see for themselves. ANyone who is afraid their customers will seek a second opinion has something to hide!!

Re: I NEED YOUR HELP STOPPING PERFECT POCKET PETS!!! - 03/07/08 07:23 PM

Luddiedi, thanks for the post! So you have an email conversations with them about this?

Re: I NEED YOUR HELP STOPPING PERFECT POCKET PETS!!! - 03/07/08 07:24 PM

Suggiemom, please do have the vet write up something as soon as you can. The more information the better!! And a vet's opinion and information is worth a lot more than mine! lol

Re: I NEED YOUR HELP STOPPING PERFECT POCKET PETS!!! - 03/07/08 07:25 PM

Sorry, double posted, but yea, I'm emailing her right now!

Re: I NEED YOUR HELP STOPPING PERFECT POCKET PETS!!! - 03/07/08 07:30 PM

How young are they selling these babies?

Re: I NEED YOUR HELP STOPPING PERFECT POCKET PETS!!! - 03/07/08 07:34 PM

I have heard reports of them selling both young and old babies. They always stick to the same line "they are 8-10 weeks old". Unfortunately most have either gotten way too young gliders or year old gliders being passed off for babies.

Re: I NEED YOUR HELP STOPPING PERFECT POCKET PETS!!! - 03/07/08 07:36 PM

I'm guessing they are very bad people. Never heard much about them. shakehead

Re: I NEED YOUR HELP STOPPING PERFECT POCKET PETS!!! - 03/07/08 07:41 PM

Ok, she's not in the office, but left a message with the girls at the front desk and they're going to make sure she gets the message first thing when she comes in. Sometimes, she works on Saturdays, but it may be on Monday cuz I know she now has another vet in the office and she has small children so she may be taking weekends off now.

Re: I NEED YOUR HELP STOPPING PERFECT POCKET PETS!!! - 03/07/08 07:46 PM

Thank you so much! I'll look forward to getting that! I can give you my email if you want to email me it or my address. It's up to you. I plan on sending in stuff as soon as I get enough of it and then hounding them with more until they realize these people are a horrible. I'm sure they read this, so let me restate. YOUR COMPANY IS HORRIBLE! mad

Re: I NEED YOUR HELP STOPPING PERFECT POCKET PETS!!! - 03/07/08 08:23 PM

Yea pm me your email addy cuz I'll scan it and email it straight to you. She's not the least bit happy with those people so I'm sure she'll document the stuff she saw and treated. I know one of the gliders belonged to Angel on here....she got two, one died straight away from ghiardia I think and her boy had a horrible eye infection. My vet didn't think she'd be able to save his sight, but she did.

Re: I NEED YOUR HELP STOPPING PERFECT POCKET PETS!!! - 03/07/08 08:40 PM

Alia, do you still have that picture of the seller holding that underage joey you sent me? Is there a date on that picture? Pictures speak for themselves!

Jen

Re: I NEED YOUR HELP STOPPING PERFECT POCKET PETS!!! - 03/07/08 08:58 PM

I might, I will have to check. I'm sure it is on Kim's camera still.

Re: I NEED YOUR HELP STOPPING PERFECT POCKET PETS!!! - 03/07/08 09:54 PM

I found the picture!
Posted By: sweetheart26

Re: I NEED YOUR HELP STOPPING PERFECT POCKET PETS!!! - 03/07/08 10:14 PM

ive never heard of this sugar glider breeder brfore..

Re: I NEED YOUR HELP STOPPING PERFECT POCKET PETS!!! - 03/07/08 10:19 PM

Originally Posted By: AliaBrown
I found the picture!

WHOO HOO!!!

When Alia and her girlfriend Kim were at the Iowa State Fair, Alia and I were texting back and forth alot, and she was venting big time, lol. Kim took a picture of the man holding an underage joey, I estimated him to be about 4 weeks OOP joey, and Alia took a picture of the picture with her camera phone and sent it to me in my email. I was shocked and sick to my stomach that this guy working for PPP was actually selling underage joeys! That is why I asked about the picture, as it speaks in volumes! As they say, a picture is worth a thousand words, well, this one is worth a million words! Right, Alia???

Jen
Posted By: Dancing

Re: I NEED YOUR HELP STOPPING PERFECT POCKET PETS!!! - 03/07/08 10:21 PM

They are not just breeders but brokers as well. They have "booths" in many different states.

Please, once this info is compiled, send it to me and I will pass it on to some other's working on something similar. The more VET documentation we have, the better.

Please include your comments but keep it factual, not emotional (if posible). Include dates, places, names of "employees" if you have them.

Re: I NEED YOUR HELP STOPPING PERFECT POCKET PETS!!! - 03/07/08 10:22 PM

Originally Posted By: sweetheart26
ive never heard of this sugar glider breeder brfore..

Perfect Pocket Pets is a glider mill breeder. BAD!!!

Re: I NEED YOUR HELP STOPPING PERFECT POCKET PETS!!! - 03/07/08 10:23 PM

Hey Alia, what was the name of that guy selling the joeys??? Ohh, I gotta rack my brain on this one!

Jen

Re: I NEED YOUR HELP STOPPING PERFECT POCKET PETS!!! - 03/07/08 10:27 PM

Wishing I could do more to help...

But if you ever decide to go after Sandman's, let me be the first to know!

Re: I NEED YOUR HELP STOPPING PERFECT POCKET PETS!!! - 03/07/08 10:34 PM

OMG! by chance do they have a web site?? thats not good a mill breeder...i feel bad for all the gliders ...they sell awww ..makes me want to cry..

Re: I NEED YOUR HELP STOPPING PERFECT POCKET PETS!!! - 03/07/08 10:37 PM

they do have a website. Google perfect pocket pets and it's the first to come up. No PixTrix, I can't remember his name. Kim also found their "info" packet (if you can call it that dunno ) It has a lot of information they don't have on the website. Like how sugar gliders are perfect for pets! They get along great with dogs and cats! roflmao
Posted By: Bubbles8i8

Re: I NEED YOUR HELP STOPPING PERFECT POCKET PETS!!! - 03/07/08 10:45 PM

Right! They get along sooooooo well. What morons.
Posted By: JMM331

Re: I NEED YOUR HELP STOPPING PERFECT POCKET PETS!!! - 03/07/08 10:50 PM

I can't believe they tell you to put a heat rock in the cage...

Re: I NEED YOUR HELP STOPPING PERFECT POCKET PETS!!! - 03/07/08 10:54 PM

They actually give people a cd showing them how to integrate their suggies with free roam in the house with dogs and cats....they "teach" you to teach your dogs and cats that gliders aren't prey.....funny, I don't think anyone told the gliders they weren't going to be eaten!!!

Re: I NEED YOUR HELP STOPPING PERFECT POCKET PETS!!! - 03/07/08 10:58 PM

I heard about that one, suggiemom. shakehead

Jen

Re: I NEED YOUR HELP STOPPING PERFECT POCKET PETS!!! - 03/07/08 10:59 PM

Originally Posted By: JMM331
I can't believe they tell you to put a heat rock in the cage...

That is why Alia is seeking help in stopping the PPP from selling more joeys, most of whom are most likely doomed and we want to avoid that from happening. So much misinformation going around--how sad is that? We also want to prevent an increased number of gliders going into rescues, by stopping the PPP and by educating the prospective owners.

Jen

Re: I NEED YOUR HELP STOPPING PERFECT POCKET PETS!!! - 03/07/08 11:04 PM

they dont get along well with dogs i know that for a fact
Posted By: JMM331

Re: I NEED YOUR HELP STOPPING PERFECT POCKET PETS!!! - 03/07/08 11:05 PM

I completely understand and wish there was something i could do, if anyone can think of anyway i can help from New England please let me know...

Re: I NEED YOUR HELP STOPPING PERFECT POCKET PETS!!! - 03/07/08 11:07 PM

anyway i could help too

Re: I NEED YOUR HELP STOPPING PERFECT POCKET PETS!!! - 03/07/08 11:09 PM

Our USDA rep inspected them this summer and claims they're GREAT....made me SICK.

Re: I NEED YOUR HELP STOPPING PERFECT POCKET PETS!!! - 03/07/08 11:35 PM

really..thats sad

Re: I NEED YOUR HELP STOPPING PERFECT POCKET PETS!!! - 03/07/08 11:59 PM

I'm sooooo happy to hear SOMETHING is getting started!!!

Re: I NEED YOUR HELP STOPPING PERFECT POCKET PETS!!! - 03/08/08 01:01 AM

Yea, their hands are tied unless we can catch them neglecting them, not providing them shelter or food and water. USDA doesn't care that their "shelter" is to put 30 joeys in a tiny cage so they can hide under each other under a tent or that dry pellets and a slice of apple constitute their diet....

Re: I NEED YOUR HELP STOPPING PERFECT POCKET PETS!!! - 03/08/08 01:10 AM

I'll be happy to send any of my vet bills and give sworn stmts to help in this cause! It sickens me the way I was lied to and it breaks my heart to hear story after story of people who use to have gliders but got rid of them or they died after buying them at the home shows and fairs. Here's a big problem though: the main company is called Cage Works and it's owned by Steve Larkin. He sells "franchises" if it's called that of Pocket Pets and trains his breeders all over the country. I just ran into one of his newest prodigies a few wks ago. He's all gun ho talking up a storm about the thousands of dollars he's going to make on his blondies and telling me what an expert he is on gliders. He has his outside, in small cages, feeding soy pellets, and doesn't even know about wheets, toys, eucalyptus, anything!!! They do advertise that gliders are the perfect pet b/c they will become "every pet's best friend." It's totally unethical the way this company is run. He has to be stopped.

Re: I NEED YOUR HELP STOPPING PERFECT POCKET PETS!!! - 03/08/08 01:20 AM

I will check the emails and they also personally called me on the phone becase i was so upset over my sick gliders i wish the mall would not even let them set up and sell again

luddiedi

Re: I NEED YOUR HELP STOPPING PERFECT POCKET PETS!!! - 03/08/08 02:53 AM

So is Perfect Pocket Pets part of Custom Cage Works?
Originally Posted By: TammyH
I'll be happy to send any of my vet bills and give sworn stmts to help in this cause! It sickens me the way I was lied to and it breaks my heart to hear story after story of people who use to have gliders but got rid of them or they died after buying them at the home shows and fairs. Here's a big problem though: the main company is called Cage Works and it's owned by Steve Larkin. He sells "franchises" if it's called that of Pocket Pets and trains his breeders all over the country. I just ran into one of his newest prodigies a few wks ago. He's all gun ho talking up a storm about the thousands of dollars he's going to make on his blondies and telling me what an expert he is on gliders. He has his outside, in small cages, feeding soy pellets, and doesn't even know about wheets, toys, eucalyptus, anything!!! They do advertise that gliders are the perfect pet b/c they will become "every pet's best friend." It's totally unethical the way this company is run. He has to be stopped.

So,you are saying, Perfect Pocket Pets is part of Custom Cage Works?

Re: I NEED YOUR HELP STOPPING PERFECT POCKET PETS! - 03/08/08 03:04 AM

Originally Posted By: suggiemom
Yea, their hands are tied unless we can catch them neglecting them, not providing them shelter or food and water. USDA doesn't care that their "shelter" is to put 30 joeys in a tiny cage so they can hide under each other under a tent or that dry pellets and a slice of apple constitute their diet....

Yes - it is true. We can't stop them on things that we hate that they are doing but aren't illegal.

We can only stop them if enough people come forward with vet details, and specifics. A class action law suit will cost them BIG bucks - if there are enough people.

I'd like to gather information on ALL of them - McGrath, Custom Cage, Perfect Pocket Pets, Gliders R Us ... Is Flying Fur Ranch one?

If I can find an attorney willing to do one law suit - maybe he'll do one on each of them! Just takes lots of real evidence - not "we don't approve of what you're doing" stuff.

Re: I NEED YOUR HELP STOPPING PERFECT POCKET PETS! - 03/08/08 03:25 AM

I have no information to offer, but I am behind ya'll 100% on this and I hope ya'll succeed at putting these horrible people to a stop!!! As for Sandmans, I've never dealt with him personally but I have seen his poor sickly joeys at Traders Village (flea market) and it broke my heart! ALL these horrible mill breeders need to be put to a stop. Easier said than done I know.

Good luck guys, ya'll can do it! smile

Re: I NEED YOUR HELP STOPPING PERFECT POCKET PETS! - 03/08/08 03:39 AM

Yes, Steve Larkin, aka Custom Cage Works is affiliated with Perfect Pocket Pets.

Re: I NEED YOUR HELP STOPPING PERFECT POCKET PETS! - 03/08/08 04:24 AM

I think there may be two companies or two owners maybe? Perfect Pocket Pets is headquartered in Ft. Myers, FL and run by the same guy who started out selling Metabolife in mall kiosks. When that business went south cuz people started dying and lawsuits commenced, he moved on to some magic kits or something. He's got a 4 MILLION dollar home for sale in Ft. Myers. SOmeone on GC not too long ago did a little digging on ol' Vern or whatever the guys name is and just googled him and all this stuff came up.

Re: I NEED YOUR HELP STOPPING PERFECT POCKET PETS! - 03/08/08 04:45 AM

I was just getting on here to post about them...ironic. Tomorrow I am supposed to be going to the Columbus Pet Expo in OH. Perfect Pocket Pets supposedly will be there. I'm afraid to even look, I don't want to get upset and I know it will make me angry. It's interesting how the first thing their site says is how they are often critized by so called internet experts, when they have 15 yrs of experience. ugh...

Re: I NEED YOUR HELP STOPPING PERFECT POCKET PETS! - 03/08/08 04:47 AM

Erin, if you do go and they are there, get what ever documentation you can on them. Ask questions like you know nothing about gliders. Have someone with you and then both of you "write a report" about it. Get what ever "literature" they are passing out on them too. Ask them if there are any books or websites you can learn more about them at.

Ask about the age of the gliders, what they eat, what size cage they need, ask about breeding and or neutering. Ask if they get along with other animals.

And when you get all their answers, try not to strangle them!

Re: I NEED YOUR HELP STOPPING PERFECT POCKET PETS! - 03/08/08 04:48 AM

Virgil Klunder is the owner of PPP as far as I know. He had a mansion for sale in Florida. Although I have heard that they don't actually operate out of Florida and I know for a fact they get their gliders from Texas. The bald man told me this when we had our confrontation.

TammyH, I would be happy to have those vet statements as well as a statement from you. I can PM you my address or my email addy. It's stuff like this that we need. Detailed statements about what information you were told, conversations you have had with them involving the sick glider etc. Get as detailed as you can, dont be afraid to make it as many pages as need be!

Anyone else that has had unhealthy gliders? Gliders being sold underage, or older than what they claimed? Any vet statements. Statements from people who have bought from them. Even statements from people saying they got a healthy glider but were still misinformed and learned information from the internet.

Re: I NEED YOUR HELP STOPPING PERFECT POCKET PETS! - 03/08/08 04:50 AM

I'll get my boyfriend's sister in on it, she loves schemes like this. We'll do our best...but I know it's going to ruin my day, so it'll be our last stop hopefully.

Re: I NEED YOUR HELP STOPPING PERFECT POCKET PETS! - 03/08/08 05:06 AM

Alia, the bald guy told me the same thing, they get em' from a mill in TX, but yea, Virgil Klunder is the owner and founder I guess.

I have kind of an interesting but long story about them this weekend, I'll try to condense it. I work with wildlife and exotic animal rescue and we have several venues in our community that give us free booth space since we're a non profit. For the first time, PP has a booth at the same venue. It's a Home and Garden show...usually the only animals are us and a dog/cat shelter.....Thank God they are on the other side of the venue, but I did walk by last night and I could tell the guy instantly recognized me from teh fair this summer. Of course, they did almost drag me kicking and screaming at gun point....anyhoo......

The owner of our rescue went over to check them out since she'd never come into contact with them and has really only recently been into gliders because of me....she comes back and tells me that he's very charming and she didn't see a problem with his cage sizes etc and he had an 8 wk out of pouch joey with him, etc. I literally nearly fell out of my chair!! I have been LIVID with her all day and haven't spoken to her since last night, wouldn't answer the phone, etc. I didn't even know how to respond to her.

I finally sat down and composed a long email and told her that I was so offended by her opinion of him because he was charming.....he's not stupid, just a liar! They're not UNintelligent people!! And yes they ARE very charming and convincing...after all, hasn't every conman since the beginning of time been so? How else can they do what they do?

I don't even have a problem with them selling at these venues, I have a problem with them lying to people in order to close a sale. People would do the right thing if they were armed with good information or at least most of them would. When they left our fair on Aug. 9th, 5 days later we were already getting in joeys that were unwanted! FIVE DAYS because they were selling them to parents of small children, toddlers even, and saying oh, they don't bite, they don't stink, this is all they need, this tiny cage and heat rock....Of course when the glider is standing on two feet and lunging at the three year old the parents were like....Oh god, what'd we DO?

Do NOT mention breeding or neutering or anything like that. That makes you sound too knowledgeable and they will clam up or have you removed! If they even suspect you're not a potential customer, they'll have you ousted from the venue. Just run up all excited and say "Ohhh loook, they've got those sugar jumper thingies".....LOL and they'll swoop in like a bunch of vultures for ya!

Re: I NEED YOUR HELP STOPPING PERFECT POCKET PETS! - 03/08/08 05:16 AM

Well I will post my confrontation with them because I cannot find my original thread. I came to the Iowa State Fair. My mom actually called me and told me they had sugar gliders and how fun the booth was. She knew I was getting a pair from pixtrix and knew I would be interested. So, I walked over to the booth and really was excited to hold one. I hadn't actually seen one in person. The guy was charming like they all should be. I started to get a little upset seeing the cages, but then the bald man pulls out a teeny tiny glider. I have a picture of it. He kept it in his pocket. Anyways, he pulls it out and I asked him where it's mom was. I knew it was too young because I had seen pictures of my pair already and they were 7ish weeks and way bigger. He replies with "back in Texas". So, I immediately say "But, it's to young, it needs to nurse with the MOM". He immediately changed his charming tone to a mean one and said that no they dont. Actually told me that you can pull the joey as soon as they are born and feed them normal food. I was appalled and started telling him how wrong he was. We get into an argument, he keeps yelling "whatever you need to tell yourself to sleep better at night". I then tell him the cages are too small, the heating rocks are bad. The joeys were hiding under a shirt just to get some shade. It was around 100 degrees that day. Granted they are partially inside (under the grandstand, but technically outside). My mom finally had to pull me away because we were screaming at each other. Needless to say I didn't talk to her for the rest of the day.

Re: I NEED YOUR HELP STOPPING PERFECT POCKET PETS! - 03/08/08 05:31 AM

Take a tape recorder and have it in your pocket when you are asking the questions!!!!

Re: I NEED YOUR HELP STOPPING PERFECT POCKET PETS! - 03/08/08 06:19 AM

yea that is a good idea for someone who hasn't been there yet. They might not recognize me this year, but they did last year. But the whole point is making sure they are not allowed to come this year!

Re: I NEED YOUR HELP STOPPING PERFECT POCKET PETS! - 03/08/08 03:25 PM

Glad I was there for you when you needed to vent, Alia! hug2 hug2 hug2 Thank goodness for unlimited texting! LOL

Give those twin girls a kiss and a mealie for me!

Jen

Re: I NEED YOUR HELP STOPPING PERFECT POCKET PETS! - 03/08/08 03:40 PM

Ugh! How about that weather today in some parts? >.<

So, is Mike McGrath with PPP or some other mill?

Geeze...all it really takes is looking at the gliders to determine if they're sick or not! I can't see why the inspectors pass them. I really hope that you'll be able to close them down. Just make sure there are no loopholes and no possible ways for them to get away with it because they probably will find a way out of it.

Oh, did anyone notice that thier "Run-o-round Playwheel" looks like a knock-off of the Wodent Wheel?

Re: I NEED YOUR HELP STOPPING PERFECT POCKET PETS! - 03/08/08 03:59 PM

So they Pocket petsonly sells them at venues though right they dont ship ..I saw no pictures of gliders on their page it says under construction
they sound disgusting

Re: I NEED YOUR HELP STOPPING PERFECT POCKET PETS! - 03/08/08 06:21 PM

I don't think they ship. I remember them saying some line about shipping and how it stresses them out. Plus I think they prefer to talk you up and try to sell more things to you.

Re: I NEED YOUR HELP STOPPING PERFECT POCKET PETS! - 03/08/08 07:12 PM

We got a foot of snow here over night, so I am not going to make it to that pet expo today. But I may try to go tomorrow if the roads aren't bad. I wish I had a tape recorder or something, but I don't. I want to see these people for myself though.

Re: I NEED YOUR HELP STOPPING PERFECT POCKET PETS! - 03/08/08 07:59 PM

You can always bring a camera. The bald guy let people take all the pictures they want.

Re: I NEED YOUR HELP STOPPING PERFECT POCKET PETS! - 03/08/08 08:58 PM

Good luck acting like you don't know what suggies are. hehe. I hope you'll be able to go tomorrow.

Re: I NEED YOUR HELP STOPPING PERFECT POCKET PETS! - 03/10/08 10:56 AM

[quote=AliaBrown]Virgil Klunder is the owner of PPP as far as I know. He had a mansion for sale in Florida. Although I have heard that they don't actually operate out of Florida and I know for a fact they get their gliders from Texas. The bald man told me this when we had our confrontation.

TammyH, I would be happy to have those vet statements as well as a statement from you. I can PM you my address or my email addy. It's stuff like this that we need. Detailed statements about what information you were told, conversations you have had with them involving the sick glider etc. Get as detailed as you can, dont be afraid to make it as many pages as need be!

Anyone else that has had unhealthy gliders? Gliders being sold underage, or older than what they claimed? Any vet statements. Statements from people who have bought from them. Even statements from people saying they got a healthy glider but were still
pm me your address and I'll send you my stuff and statments.

Re: I NEED YOUR HELP STOPPING PERFECT POCKET PETS! - 03/10/08 11:03 AM

pm me your address and I will email you what I have. We should go to those home shows and fairs with tape recorders!! WE have one here every 6 months.

Yes, Steve Larkin's company is Custom Cage Works but he also operates under Perfect Pocket Pets and he trains people on his philosphy, sells them breeding pairs, and has them attend the fairs and shows under Perfect Pocket Pets. The one thing they told all of us at the booth was NOT to go on the internet and do not believe what anyone tells you as they're using outdated info and you can't compare pet owners who think they're experts to someone like him who has dedicated many yrs to research, breeding, health and nutrition. He talks a good story and he's such a gentle person and so compassionate about his gliders. I really felt betrayed and gullible after really getting onto GC and reading.

Re: I NEED YOUR HELP STOPPING PERFECT POCKET PETS! - 03/10/08 11:04 AM

yes they do ship. He offered me shipping for $150. when I wasn't sure if I wanted to get just one or two.
Posted By: gryphon214

Re: I NEED YOUR HELP STOPPING PERFECT POCKET PETS! - 03/10/08 12:05 PM

Personally, I have no experience with this company but I have been following this thread. Has anyone here filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau? If someone already posted about this then I missed it but I did try looking up both Perfect Pocket Pets and Custom Cage Works on their website (www.bbb.org) and got no hits (probably because you have to enter a zip code so it only pulls up the local site). This might be a good place to log a list of consumer complaints against the company.
Posted By: gryphon214

Re: I NEED YOUR HELP STOPPING PERFECT POCKET PETS! - 03/10/08 12:14 PM

Okay, actually I just noticed that the BBB site also provide a link to the national site, which gives me a hit for Custom Cage Works but not Perfect Pocket Pets. PM me for the link of what it said about their record.

Re: I NEED YOUR HELP STOPPING PERFECT POCKET PETS! - 03/12/08 01:20 AM

Unfortunately I was not able to make it to the pet expo to see these people. Too much snow! frown

Re: I NEED YOUR HELP STOPPING PERFECT POCKET PETS! - 03/12/08 01:35 AM

My two adults are from him- well I guess my two sets of joeys are also :-)- he lied about almost everything he told me. I did call the people who book him at the expo on Long Island and the man was very surprised. He said it was too late to cancel them for this year, but I hope he takes my info into considertion next year.

**Thanks to THIS website, I learned the right way to take care of them- it was very challenging at first and I almost gave them up, which is completely against my nature*****

Re: I NEED YOUR HELP STOPPING PERFECT POCKET PETS! - 03/12/08 01:36 AM

My Lille and I are victims of PPP. I am collecting a list of people wanting the info from perfect pocket pets that I have. I have vet bills original bill of sale, the original flyer, all their emails which will show how wrong and now they have stopped responding to me and my vet too will be more than happy to write a letter as a few days after they were here in Florida he was overwhelmed! Lillie suffered/is still suffering from one of the worst cases of Giardia my vet has ever seen. They told me to give her Pepto Bismol and all kinds of off the wall stuff. I have every single email. I will help anyone that needs my information just pm me where you want it sent and I plan on probably tomorrow or Thursday sending it out.

Re: I NEED YOUR HELP STOPPING PERFECT POCKET PETS! - 03/12/08 01:42 AM

That's a good idea also, to let all of these expos know the truth about them. I would love to write a letter to the Columbus Pet Expo people because they are supposedly one of the largest pet expos in the country. But I have no firsthand experience with PPP and I don't think it would be fair for me to write a letter with no personal experience to back it up. But if someone else could help me with this, I think it's a good idea. Maybe it could stop them from selling atthis venue next year.
© 2024 GliderCENTRAL