GliderCENTRAL

Games to play with your glider...

Posted By: Dancing

Games to play with your glider... - 03/12/08 05:10 AM

I was just reading a post about getting gliders to glide.

Last year when I went to visit Bourbon, she taught me a fun game to play with the gliders.

In her bathroom, she has a shelf that is perhaps 10-12 inches long and about 3-4 inches wide. It is up above head level (I'm 5'8" more or less). She would place one of the gliders on the shelf, back off about 2-3 feet or so, and then kinda weeve and bob back and forth until the glider would jump/glider at her. She would catch the glider with her hand (saving herself from face hugs) and immediately put the glider back on the shelf. This went on and on and on.

One little glider I had there with me, one who was timid about jumping etc...seemed to have a blast playing "glider ball" with Auntie Bourbon.

This is a game I still love playing with my gliders. It encourages them to "take flight" and builds up their confidence that I'm going to be there to catch them. Great trust building exercise..not to mention good physical exercise for the glider.

So...what other games do you play with your gliders?
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Games to play with your glider... - 03/12/08 05:26 AM

cool idea! Leela likes to play "tug of war" with me over a long piece of fleece about an inch wide.

I use it a little like a feather teaser, she runs and grabs the end of it and sits up on her back legs and pulls it to her, its a fun little game to play!
Posted By: SugarBlossoms

Re: Games to play with your glider... - 03/12/08 09:36 AM

Cutting up straws and hiding mealies in them, put them around the tent for the gliders to find. They are little genious's at finding them and getting those mealies out! roflmao

Re: Games to play with your glider... - 03/12/08 12:58 PM

GAMES!?
Peg likes to play the "Sit on top of the shower curtain rod and wait for nothing to happen" game.
Kite likes to play the "Hide from everything" game
Rodan likes to play the "Crab and run" game
Bird likes to play the "Act like you're going to take a mealies and bite the crackers outta mommy" game.
roflmao

Oh yeah... tent time is fuuuun. roflmao hahahaha I'm just playing. I usually wake mine up a little early to play, so they're just groggy. Once we get started they have more fun. wink

We do like to play "pick a pocket" where they have to find the pouch I hid the mealie in. I like to hide worms in wiffle golf balls and watch them roll and roll it to get it out. I bring foragers in with me and I hide yoggies on me to make them dig in my pockets and under my sleeves to find them. smile Mostly, my kids are motivated by FOOOOOOOD. roflmao

Re: Games to play with your glider... - 03/12/08 01:09 PM

How about the "lets see how many times we can jump off mommy while she is doing something so she can chase us across the room" game because it is really funny to watch mommy run bent over. roflmao

Re: Games to play with your glider... - 03/12/08 02:16 PM

Gizmo likes to play the "face hug" game too. They wanted to play "let's bark for mommy until she comes in and then hide from her" game. They will play with a piece of fleece too, well he attacks it, Greta just chews on it. I'll try the straw thing, they may like that.

Re: Games to play with your glider... - 03/12/08 02:34 PM

Mine like to chase feathers.
Posted By: StitchsMom

Re: Games to play with your glider... - 03/12/08 04:13 PM

I roll up pieces of paper or tissue and put mealies inside. They spend forever just chasing the balled up paper around and then they unroll the paper for a treat!
Posted By: pappy1264

Re: Games to play with your glider... - 03/12/08 04:30 PM

Oh, what a great idea! Got to try that tonight!! lol

Re: Games to play with your glider... - 03/12/08 04:46 PM

All 4 of gliders love to tackle and attack the feathers from Auntie Karin ! They look like tiny little cats grabbing at all of the feathers grin
Posted By: Guerita135

Re: Games to play with your glider... - 03/12/08 06:08 PM

Great idea, I just need a bigger bathroom! lol.

Faith LOVES to glide. I take her out of the cage, walk a little ways away, and then she gliders back to the cage. As soon as I'm over there she hops back onto me and starts it all over again. She would do it all night if I let her, lol.
© 2024 GliderCENTRAL