GliderCENTRAL

some pics of Timmy from today

Posted By: pappy1264

some pics of Timmy from today - 06/18/08 04:22 PM

I tried to get a pic of his incision but he was too squirmy and I didn't want to upset him (plus it is hard with that collar on!) How do you think he looks? He seems to be doing well. I can't wait to get the collar off him, get him good and cleaned up (hard to do it with that collar on, again.)

Attached picture Timmy healing 1.jpg
Attached picture Timmy healing 2.jpg
Attached picture Timmy healing 3.jpg
Posted By: Usha77

Re: some pics of Timmy from today - 06/18/08 04:33 PM

mlove He is so adorbale! I bet you both can't wait to get rid of that rotten thing around his neck! laugh hug2

Re: some pics of Timmy from today - 06/18/08 04:35 PM

Thank you. I know I can't (and I am pretty sure he can't, either!) Poor boy can't even groom himself much (he did a little last night for the first time!) His fur looks so greasy, but when he is all healed and the collar is off, I will clean him up good. He is such a good boy, and I think he knows I'm trying to help him. And as much as I know he likes the individual attention, I KNOW he will be so happy when he can hold his own worms! (ME, TOO! lol)
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: some pics of Timmy from today - 06/18/08 04:36 PM

Awww he is a cutie. How much longer does he have to wear the e collar?

Re: some pics of Timmy from today - 06/18/08 04:39 PM

At least until next Wednesday when he gets his stitches out (they said I 'could' take it off after a week, but I don't want to risk him going after the stitches and ripping his chest!) Thanks. He is my heart and soul!

Re: some pics of Timmy from today - 06/18/08 04:41 PM

awww poor baby!! hes so handsome...

Re: some pics of Timmy from today - 06/18/08 05:10 PM

Thank you! (I think so, too, but I may be just a LITTLE BIASED! lol)
Posted By: cbddallas

Re: some pics of Timmy from today - 06/18/08 05:35 PM

awww, what a sweet boy - he actually looks like he's feeling better too!

Re: some pics of Timmy from today - 06/18/08 06:17 PM

Thanks. Yes, he definitely seems to be.

Re: some pics of Timmy from today - 06/18/08 06:41 PM

OH Mary he is so cute!!! He looks so pathetic with his collar on.

Re: some pics of Timmy from today - 06/18/08 06:52 PM

Thanks Melissa. yes, he definitely has the 'poor, poor me look' down pat! lol

Re: some pics of Timmy from today - 06/18/08 06:56 PM

Awwww poor baby. He's going "Mooooom, get this cone-head off me! I promise I won't pick at it." LOL What a cutie. smile

Re: some pics of Timmy from today - 06/18/08 06:59 PM

Yes, he is but yes, he will! lol You should have seen him at the vets the day of the surgery....OMG! He was holding his chest on either side so he could rip the staple out! It was awful!

Re: some pics of Timmy from today - 06/18/08 07:01 PM

Yikes! Good call keepin that colar on him

Re: some pics of Timmy from today - 06/18/08 07:05 PM

They had to put him under three times because he kept getting his chest open in the vets office. I have never experienced anything like that (and I pray I never do again!!!) Even my vet said she has never had a glider go after itself like he did! I'm just glad I had him neutered at the same time, as I had been afraid (for this very reason) but with the chest issue, the neuter was almost a non issue! Funny, though, I can't imagine him without a bald spot! lol

Re: some pics of Timmy from today - 06/18/08 07:07 PM

omg he is so cute... poor thing looks miserable.. he looks like he could use a hug2

Re: some pics of Timmy from today - 06/18/08 07:26 PM

Thanks! He is ALOT better than a few days ago. He needs a good cleanup, though. Poor boy, between not being able to groom, the collar, the meds I have to put on his chest and neck.....he looks like a little grease monkey! lol
Posted By: Trigger

Re: some pics of Timmy from today - 06/18/08 07:27 PM

What a little darling. Give him lots of lovin Mary.

Re: some pics of Timmy from today - 06/18/08 07:31 PM

Thank you! Trust me, he is getting more then he knows what to do with!! lol He was already a spoiled little boy, but this sealed the deal!!!

Re: some pics of Timmy from today - 06/18/08 09:44 PM

Aw he has such a sweet little face!!

I must have missed what was going on with Timmy...on why he needed surgery other than a neuter?? Is that ok to ask?

He'll be a clean, studly-looking little man soon, you'll see smile
Posted By: angelic4296

Re: some pics of Timmy from today - 06/18/08 09:53 PM

Mary, I want to cry looking at him, both out of pity for him and b/c he looks like he's getting better day by day! Feed him an extra mealie for me (if THAT'S possible lol) and you're doing a great job!
Posted By: Slickable3

Re: some pics of Timmy from today - 06/18/08 09:58 PM

Hey Mary - I sent you a pm.

Re: some pics of Timmy from today - 06/18/08 10:25 PM

Didn't get it, Christine (let me check, may be over my limit...lol)

Thanks guys.

He had a tumor on his chest removed. He actually had a very rough surgery, (he had a reaction to the anesthesia, and he went to deep and they almost lost him). It is all in the original post. Thanks, he is a sweetie pie and I love him with all my heart!

Re: some pics of Timmy from today - 06/18/08 10:30 PM

Buttercup, just sent you a pm

Re: some pics of Timmy from today - 06/18/08 10:51 PM

Thank you, Jess. He was my first glider (and the reason I have all the others!) I love him so much!!
Posted By: morbidelf

Re: some pics of Timmy from today - 06/19/08 04:39 AM

Mary your my hero how well your holding up thru all of this!! i think i would have fallen apart if anything happened to Thor.... he is my first glider as well.
Posted By: ssdreamsicles

Re: some pics of Timmy from today - 06/19/08 05:52 AM

pappy im so glad timmy is feeling better!!! He is so cute in those pics! Im sure he will be so happy to have that cone off! I got mine in the mail and my gliders dont know it yet lol. I need to do a practic fit for gizmo befor he gets the snip snip but im not telling him yet!

Give timmy a kiss for me!

Re: some pics of Timmy from today - 06/19/08 10:29 AM

Thank you! We are under the week to go mark, so that is good! I am out of waxworms, so we will go back to the mealies today (ugh, he wants to hold them and fights me on it. Will have to chop them in half, too....YUCK! lol But he is worth it!) Good luck with the collar. It is a good idea to know you could do it if you had to in an emergency! I speak from experience there!!!
© 2024 GliderCENTRAL