GliderCENTRAL

Pocket pets and more

Posted By: Anonymous

Pocket pets and more - 08/01/08 10:58 PM

Just to check has anybody had in experience with or heard of Pocket Pets and more in Ohio. the last group i tried to get a female from ended up being a scam and thanks to this forum I didn't lose any money. So I just want some advice or info to protect myself and get gizmo a friend finally.
Posted By: pappy1264

Re: Pocket pets and more - 08/01/08 11:20 PM

Oh please DO NOT GET A GLIDER FROM THEM! They are mill breeders and we have had many come here who bought gliders from them that were very sick, too young and sadly, many of them didn't make it (and even many that did, it cost alot in vet costs to get them healthy!) You can find many wonderful breeders here who do not mass produce their babies (they keep records, take care of their gliders and are more interested in a good home than anything, not just the money.)
Posted By: konotashi

Re: Pocket pets and more - 08/01/08 11:24 PM

There are so many horrible reports from people who got gliders from them. I think CL would be a better option that PPP.
There are a lot of (awesome) breeders on here that breed all sorts of colorations! Just go into the Forums>Classifieds>Glider Ads, then pick the coloration you're looking for.

The PPP website also has a lot of false information. Don't believe what you read on that site. Not much of what's on there is true at all.

Re: Pocket pets and more - 08/02/08 12:05 AM

Wait, when I read this I assumed that Pocket Pets and More was a different breeder than PPP? Is it a local breeder, Rob? Or someone at a flea market?

Re: Pocket pets and more - 08/02/08 12:08 AM

This is not PPP this is a local breeder in North Olmsted, Ohio. She feeds the BML diet and seems to know what she is talking about. I've run into PPP at 2 exotic shows and almost been attacked for turning people away from their stands. This breeder is called "Pocket Pets and more" she runs a dog and cat rescue and breeds sugar gliders. I'm hoping Suz may have heard about her.

Re: Pocket pets and more - 08/02/08 12:14 AM

Ok, thanks for clearing that up. I don't know anything about her - hopefully someone in your area does

Re: Pocket pets and more - 08/02/08 12:54 AM

Quote:
I've run into PPP at 2 exotic shows and almost been attacked for turning people away from their stands.

LOL...Oh I'd beg them to attack me....luckily (for them) I've never ran into them at any shows or anything......yet. I'm sure tho my husband would cover my mouth and drag me out.

As for Pocket Pets & More....never heard of them...of course this is just my opinion but I'd change the name...see how many of us thought it was PPP?? Eek...
Posted By: BeckiT

Re: Pocket pets and more - 08/02/08 01:03 AM

I didn't find a website for her, but, a quick google search of North Olmsted OH, dog, cat, sugar glider comes up with an ad on hoobly for dogs for sale or trade for sugar gliders worried
Posted By: Suggiegramma

Re: Pocket pets and more - 08/02/08 01:07 AM

frown

Re: Pocket pets and more - 08/02/08 01:12 AM

I found her through petfinder.com. So far she has sent me a copy of her adoption agreement which is pretty basic. Hopefully she will send me some pics of the gliders for adoption.

Re: Pocket pets and more - 08/02/08 01:51 AM

I ran into pocketpets before. I didn't like them at all. Of course though they paid me no mind because I was younger. tant
Posted By: pappy1264

Re: Pocket pets and more - 08/02/08 02:01 AM

Oh, confusing. No, do not know this person. Sorry to jump to conclusions (but as you can see, PPP does NOT have a good reputation!)

Re: Pocket pets and more - 08/02/08 02:12 AM

I completely agree. They tried telling me I was wrong, and the perfect glider diet was these cheerio looking things. They were so wrong in everything they said. What upset me the most is that people believed every word they said. shakehead Some people just make me mad.
Posted By: TheGliderPlayroom

Re: Pocket pets and more - 08/02/08 05:55 AM

Petfinder? I think that's the lady breeding her own pets and listing them on petfinder, which is IMO just plain wrong. Petfinder is for rescues, not pets she bred deliberately and is selling for top dollar. Last time I saw one of those ads, she wanted $200 for normal grey babies... normal in this area is usually $125-150.

If that's not the lady I'm thinking of, I've never heard of her, and I've been breeding in NE Ohio for four years... I've heard of almost everyone by now.

Re: Pocket pets and more - 08/02/08 06:44 AM

I forgot to quote it but as Rob stated:

This breeder is called "Pocket Pets and more" she runs a dog and cat rescue and breeds sugar gliders. I'm hoping Suz may have heard about her.

So yes she could be doing so........

With petfinder you MUST prove that you are a licenced shelter or rescue. (I have been thru the channels to get a shelter site there) It could be that she runs a rescue but also uses this as a way to get "adoption" fees for gliders she may be breeding?
© 2024 GliderCENTRAL