GliderCENTRAL

Pocket Pets :((

Posted By: Snoopurr

Pocket Pets :(( - 08/11/08 12:43 AM

i went to a fair today on eastern long island and pockets pets of dallas was there.... they were being so cruel to their sugar gliders...one guy was wiping its butt with an aloe infested baby wipe...another guy was forcing one to jump off his hand hold high onto another guys chest...and the info they said to feed there was not right at all...
I wanted to picket them but I did get to say loudly in front of them that they had a really bad reputation and that they were just a glider farm mill and lots of people looked over at me....It was really heart breaking for me to see those poor poor babies. They were all so very small...and crabbing like crazy and being forced to be up in the day like that too
tant
Posted By: pappy1264

Re: Pocket Pets :(( - 08/11/08 01:37 AM

Oh, I would have gotten arrested! You sound like you had more self control then I would have!!
Posted By: sweetheart26

Re: Pocket Pets :(( - 08/11/08 01:57 AM

i would have got mad too
Posted By: LSardou

Re: Pocket Pets :(( - 08/11/08 02:08 AM

clap Good for you! Even if one person heard you and got your point is better than no one hearing you at all!
If your interested in helping with a project to stop Mill Breeders, please go to SESG under the Mill Breeder Project. They are looking for as many people that they can get to help putting a stop to these people.
Thank you for your efforts.
Posted By: konotashi

Re: Pocket Pets :(( - 08/11/08 03:35 AM

I probably would have been dragged out of there by security guards.
At least you didn't stay quiet. smile Some people would be afraid to say anything, even if they knew it was wrong.
Poor little guys. frown
I don't see how people can do that to animals - not just sugar gliders, but any species!
Posted By: chattrbabe

Re: Pocket Pets :(( - 08/11/08 03:49 AM

I would of def. hurt someone. =(
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Pocket Pets :(( - 08/11/08 03:55 AM

LOL oh I dont know how to stay quiet....Id be in trouble...but i'd get the point across.

Re: Pocket Pets :(( - 08/11/08 09:57 PM

My mom was with me and she was keeping me in control from making a scene and getting myself in trouble. However she completely understood how wrong they were, she's big on helping animals and rescuing too. I guess that's where i get it from.

Originally Posted By: LSardou
clap Good for you! Even if one person heard you and got your point is better than no one hearing you at all!
If your interested in helping with a project to stop Mill Breeders, please go to SESG under the Mill Breeder Project. They are looking for as many people that they can get to help putting a stop to these people.
Thank you for your efforts.

I registered for that website, just waiting for someone to activate me now. Thanks for the information
Posted By: morbidelf

Re: Pocket Pets :(( - 08/11/08 10:03 PM

Originally Posted By: Snoopurr
i went to a fair today on eastern long island and pockets pets of dallas was there.... they were being so cruel to their sugar gliders...one guy was wiping its butt with an aloe infested baby wipe...another guy was forcing one to jump off his hand hold high onto another guys chest...and the info they said to feed there was not right at all...
I wanted to picket them but I did get to say loudly in front of them that they had a really bad reputation and that they were just a glider farm mill and lots of people looked over at me....It was really heart breaking for me to see those poor poor babies. They were all so very small...and crabbing like crazy and being forced to be up in the day like that too
tant

good for you hun!!! clap next time GC members should find out their tour sites and set up our own booth near theirs and give out correct info. agree
Posted By: Gossamer

Re: Pocket Pets :(( - 08/12/08 10:05 PM

Was that the balloon festival? If I had known they were there I would have went and yelled with you.

Re: Pocket Pets :(( - 08/14/08 12:51 AM

Yeah, it was at the balloon festival in the pet expo tent.
Posted By: cinnamonstix

Re: Pocket Pets :(( - 08/14/08 01:02 AM

Well I just sent them an email sounding like a complete naive glider love struck girl asking whne they will be coming here because I just need one after my friend got one from them in Iowa and i am not able to make it down there. I asked if they were coming to my state fair since they were so close....key behind this is the fair is in St Paul and St Paul just banned gliders...yes I am eveil and yes I will devote every day of the fair bringing them down, although if I contact animal control I am sure it will be handled at day #1. Off to find an email addy for head of animal control now. Bill should remember me from that meeting that banned gliders.

Re: Pocket Pets :(( - 08/14/08 01:50 AM

Originally Posted By: cinnamonstix
Well I just sent them an email sounding like a complete naive glider love struck girl asking whne they will be coming here because I just need one after my friend got one from them in Iowa and i am not able to make it down there. I asked if they were coming to my state fair since they were so close....key behind this is the fair is in St Paul and St Paul just banned gliders...yes I am eveil and yes I will devote every day of the fair bringing them down, although if I contact animal control I am sure it will be handled at day #1. Off to find an email addy for head of animal control now. Bill should remember me from that meeting that banned gliders.

oh you are devious! hope it works *snicker snicker* exclamation

Re: Pocket Pets :(( - 08/14/08 02:02 AM

I am in Kentucky and I am pretty sure they will be back at the Apple festival in Casey County, that's where I got mine last year. IF anyone is interested, I would help man a table and give out proper information.

Re: Pocket Pets :(( - 08/14/08 04:31 AM

Well I got an email back and as of now they do not have plans of coming here but I can get added to the email list...maybe I might just do that. He said I should get down to the Iowa fair. I also have a posting on CL warning people of them and to not buy and to come here if they want info and I am accepting emails if they need info as well. It is listed under Iowa, I urge anyone on herer to copy my posting from CL and repost it for any states and cities that they are at right now....please help.

Re: Pocket Pets :(( - 08/14/08 05:05 AM

you know..i wish i lived in the US just so i could go to a fair and completely BASH these people for what they're doing. i would get my own booth and scream at them the entire time

Re: Pocket Pets :(( - 08/14/08 05:22 AM

LOL....well I sent them another email like "Are you sure you can't come? I can't make it there cuz of work and no one here sells them, never heard of them and I need one" lol
Posted By: thefotokat

Re: Pocket Pets :(( - 08/14/08 11:47 AM

Just a reminder, the Mill Breeder Project is still going strong. Volunteers working w/the Mill Breeder Project have successfully gotten them banned from some venues. We're working diligently to do more. It's just a reminder that when we come together as ONE we're able to accomplish so much more than working alone. I strongly believe that having several small groups or individuals trying to do the same thing does more harm than good to whatever goals they're pursuing. The Mill Breeder Project is a community project where so many have joined forces to make a united front. That's how we have, and will continue, to accomplish our goals. We're always happy to welcome volunteers to work on the project. If you want to help, email us your info to millbreederproject@suggies.net and one of the project staff will contact you to put you to work. I'm certainly proud to be a part of this community project. The staff is doing a lot behind the scenes to further the project goals and they're committed to success.

Re: Pocket Pets :(( - 08/14/08 06:50 PM

Kate, someone just contacted me in reference to the Iowa Fair. I put up a warning on CL and looks like it is at least getting seen. I urge people to do the same in other places where PPP is at right now.

If they email me back and wish to do something to help I may need some sort of hand out for them to print and also any other tips or info to pass onto them. Feel free to pm me or send me an email cinnamon-stix@hotmail.com

Thanks!

Re: Pocket Pets :(( - 08/14/08 06:51 PM

Oh, and BTW PPP is not coming to MN but I requested to get on the mailing list and asked them to mail me if they are ever coming here.

Re: Pocket Pets :(( - 08/14/08 07:11 PM

My brother works a booth at the Indiana State Fair & he just called me and said they had a booth there. I knew they did.
Also, when I got Bandit from them in February(gift from my parents I wasnt even there) They gave me a passcode for the family circle on their site. They actively monitor these boards, so you are gonna have a real hard time trying to lure them somewhere & then openly talk about it. (JUST FYI)
but I agree with everyone!!
Posted By: konotashi

Re: Pocket Pets :(( - 08/15/08 12:17 AM

Does anyone know if they ever come to AZ?

Re: Pocket Pets :(( - 08/15/08 08:04 PM

I was at the balloon festival in NJ when they were there. I wanted to buy one, but am glad I did not have the money to lol or I would have, I am glad to have come across this site and macwoods for directing me in the right direction. If I see them again, I would ask all kinds of questions and then make it known that they stink lol. I am by no means an expert, but from what I see and hear and read, they are no good and people will know about it if I can help it. I saw some people going home with gliders from them too frown

Re: Pocket Pets :(( - 08/15/08 10:24 PM

I didnt know they were in iowa!!! I would of been to the iowa state fair in a heartbeat....crud =(
© 2024 GliderCENTRAL