GliderCENTRAL

Tulsa State Fair & Pocket Pets

Posted By: Anonymous

Tulsa State Fair & Pocket Pets - 09/27/08 05:13 AM

Ok I went to the fair looking to find Mike McGarth and found Pocket Pets.

I talked 4 people out of buying suggies jump . I have been handing out local info to the people that did buy. I have got to redo my pappers.

I have been so good today. I didn't get thrown out or go to jail. jump

They have 5 guys and 2 girls doing the vending. You have to buy their cages which are 3ft X 2ft a wodent wheel and I don't know yet if they have the gaurds on them. (just thought of it) Glida-vims, Pellet glider food X-small water bottle Heat ROCK. You get a zippered bonding pouch.

Did you know they don't need pouchs to sleep in?
They are telling people to put their dirty t-shirts in around the heat rock and that is where they will sleep.

The joeys I have seen with my eyes look to be 6 weeks but I did see one that was smaller. Their adults are orange brown. I asked why the joeys are gray but the adults are brown. They change color was their reply.The adults are between 3 and 5 years old Have skinny tails and slender body's most likely around 80 grams. I was their for 7 hours and those poor gliders where wore out by closing time and would fall asleep in peoples hands. They keep getting them out to show people how cute they are and making them jump back. Not one time did I see anybody wash their hands.
Posted By: LSardou

Re: Tulsa State Fair & Pocket Pets - 09/27/08 05:21 AM

Originally Posted By: peace
Not one time did I see anybody wash their hands.

BINGO! shakehead
Posted By: USMom

Re: Tulsa State Fair & Pocket Pets - 09/27/08 05:23 AM

Ok I went to the fair looking to find Mike McGarth and found Pocket Pets.

those poor gliders where wore out by closing time and would fall asleep in peoples hands. They keep getting them out to show people how cute they are and making them jump back.

This makes me cry. I'm so sad for these guys, and I hate it! Did they have food or water there for the gliders?
Posted By: SweetGliders

Re: Tulsa State Fair & Pocket Pets - 09/27/08 05:26 AM

Michelle, told me she didn't see any water bottles in the babies cage only apples.

Anita heart

Re: Tulsa State Fair & Pocket Pets - 09/27/08 05:28 AM

I saw with my eyes 30 yes I counted them 30 male joeys in one cage. They said they are nuetered. I have not got to see the cage with the girls yet they have a pretty colorful cover over their cages so people can not see them until they get to pick one out.

I have to leave so I can catch my breath and take a break for my nerves sake. But I have seen them sell to 4 different people and some are buying 2 in one hour. So far that is 6 a hour at 389.00 for the first w/cage and 200.00 for the second glider.

I am going to work on my paper work tonight so if you have ideas let me know tonight so I can have it finished by morning so I can hand them out tommrow.

I had forgot to put their diet down and some other stuff. My first papper was just local info of Vets and breeder phone numbers and of course GC's web address. I really was not prepaired for Pocket Pet. I thought it was going to be Mike McGarth. I also did not know I would be able to handle it as far as not wanting to explode. I am really proud that I am able to hold it together and try to help the ones that do get sold.

Re: Tulsa State Fair & Pocket Pets - 09/27/08 05:28 AM

Apples are better than nothing. Not that this is good, but there was something, thank God!

Re: Tulsa State Fair & Pocket Pets - 09/27/08 05:37 AM

On their own pamlet they state word for word

" For over 7 years now, the 'pros' at PocketPets have had the privilege of intrducing literally tens-of-thousands of Sugar Gliders into families all across the United States."

Re: Tulsa State Fair & Pocket Pets - 09/27/08 05:40 AM

their web address's are [non_supported_site] The North American Sugar Glider Association.
[non_supported_site] The International Sugar Glider Association

Are those close to REAL sugar glider chat boards?

Sorry I got censored I did not put the links in but got censored.

Re: Tulsa State Fair & Pocket Pets - 09/27/08 06:56 AM

Michelle do you want help? PM me and let me know I'll be happy to come out there and help hand out pamphlets, talk to people whatever you think we need to do. I'm in Midwest City so I could be there in about an hour. Has anyone told Anita, Oh Lord I can see her face now. But let me know, I would love to help.

Re: Tulsa State Fair & Pocket Pets - 09/27/08 12:42 PM

The way I am doing it is sneaky and when they get busy.

They at times can not wait on everybody and the ones I hear talking about getting one I simply say their are local breeders almost every where to look them up on the web and that they only cost 150 from the locals. Ok now before you jump me. I am at least getting these people to stop and think about it and not doing a impluse buy. In my book that is GOOD.

I can not stand their and hand out the pamphlets in front of the people. I follow the ones that have bought them and just simply say if you need help with your pet here are some web sites and some phone numbers to call. I do not want anybody going back and telling the people what I am doing so that I get thrown out. I am nice to everybody and have been able to keep my cool so far.

I would love help from anybody as long as they do not cause a scene. In my book I can't save them all but I know I saved at least 4 yesterday. If I can save 4 a day that is 40 over the time they will be here.

Re: Tulsa State Fair & Pocket Pets - 09/27/08 01:13 PM

Here's a suggestion - this is what I had planned on doing. There's an annual flea market in IN that I found out in June was letting PPP sell, went back a couple of weeks ago and was going to hand stuff out but they weren't there. Anyway, besides information flyers to hand out I also printed out a bunch of the wallet size cards that Amanda1981 has on her signature. They give plenty of info in a small space, then on the back you have the chance to write in your GC name and some other information. I thought they were a little handier than flyers because people would be more inclined to stick them in a purse or wallet. Just a thought...

Re: Tulsa State Fair & Pocket Pets - 09/27/08 01:18 PM

i need that link.

Re: Tulsa State Fair & Pocket Pets - 09/27/08 01:33 PM

got it and printed.

Re: Tulsa State Fair & Pocket Pets - 09/27/08 01:40 PM

What do you think of them? I just thought they would be really handy and easier to hold on to - plus good information on both sides.

Re: Tulsa State Fair & Pocket Pets - 09/27/08 01:46 PM

i can pass them out quicker for sure.
Posted By: SariYappa

Re: Tulsa State Fair & Pocket Pets - 09/27/08 01:47 PM

You go Michelle!!!!
dance dance dance

Re: Tulsa State Fair & Pocket Pets - 09/27/08 02:59 PM

Ok while taking my bath to get ready I realized I did not save 4 joeys because those 4 will just be sold to someone else. cry

I have to concentraight on the ones that do get sold and that they get proper information for the health of their Suggie.

Oh man this is gonna be a long day. I plan to take my computor with me and try to type as I go. I have to take breaks anyhow and can not just stand their for 7 hours at a time for 10 days.

So if somebody can help pull me through this and help me give the CORRECT info I would be so happy.I do have a printer so I can make flyers. I will try to post 2X's a day. I have got to come home to let my dogs out.

They will start selling again soon actually now. So I have to go with what I have and come back and see what you guys come up with.
Posted By: BeckiT

Re: Tulsa State Fair & Pocket Pets - 09/27/08 03:30 PM

Michelle, if you think my brochure would be of any help, you're more than welcome to use it wink

www.glidinhigh.com/soyouwanttoownasugarglider_brochure.pdf

Re: Tulsa State Fair & Pocket Pets - 09/27/08 04:44 PM

Michelle, shame on you! There are 4 fewer buyers. You start multiplying that out. You either have 4 people that are now thinking harder about it and making an informed decision, one way or the other. How many people did you give info to that are now going to research? How many of those gliders did you save? The work you are doing does too matter! hug2

Re: Tulsa State Fair & Pocket Pets - 09/27/08 06:11 PM

Thank you for helping the uninformed like me. I got mine last week from PPP and I am finding out mine is WAY to young to be away from her mommy. They never even let me look at the babies to pick one out just asked if i wanted a male or female. they were even going to let my 3 yr old daughter carry her out and I said no way she is too young for that responsibility! give them heck from us in Frederick Md please!
Posted By: Sabrina

Re: Tulsa State Fair & Pocket Pets - 09/27/08 06:15 PM

Michelle ~ I'm sure those suggies are thanking you for trying to help them out so they do not end up in a garbage can or being fed cat food. I sense some major good karma coming your way!!

Re: Tulsa State Fair & Pocket Pets - 09/27/08 07:00 PM

You go girl!
Posted By: GliderNursery

Re: Tulsa State Fair & Pocket Pets - 09/27/08 07:52 PM

It's great that you are able to provide "real" support to those that did purchase gliders. Good for you for doing what's right, and in a professional manner! Kudos!

Re: Tulsa State Fair & Pocket Pets - 09/27/08 08:38 PM

Someone local here recently contacted me about a joey, sad they saw them at the county fair in July, but they didn't have $400 for a glider and cage and pelleted food at that time. First thing that popped into my mind was PPP, but, it ended up being Millermeade Farms tant

Re: Tulsa State Fair & Pocket Pets - 09/27/08 09:50 PM

If any info I am giving out needs to be deleted somebody please do so. All I want to do at this point is try to get the correct info out to the people buying. So if I post something that is going to cause me trouble get rid of it please. In 5 hours 60 gliders where SOLD.

I got video of the 3 WEEK old joeys they are selling as 8 weeks. I also have video of a completly worn out glider that is just sleeping no matter who has it.

I can not go back into the building after seeing the 3 week old joeys. My heart aches so bad and having REAL chest pain from it. I did file a complaint with the fair grounds. I have not heard back on the complaint yet.

I got pictures of the orange glider and the 3 week old joey.

The only thing I am able to do now is hand out flyers and my phone number. My vet has already heard about the joeys from a fair go'er.

If I can get up more nerve without having a stroke I will try to get more video. My pictures are good and clear and not dark at all. Those that need the video please pm me.

Re: Tulsa State Fair & Pocket Pets - 09/27/08 09:56 PM

Michelle,

Kudos for doing all that you can! PPP was at my local county fair in August. That was my introduction to the sugar glider world. Luckily, I am an avid animal lover and decided to do some research on my own before welcoming them into my life. I contacted several breeders who steered me to GC and I am still learning every day that I get on and read, read, read. My first gliders are arriving from Anita on Friday and I can't wait! I wish I lived closer so I could help you guys with the Tulsa fair. Just know that you are doing a great service to the gliders. If anyone is old enough to remember the old Prell comercials - 'and they told two friends and so on and so on'.. Just keep spreading the word and it will work wonders. Almost everyone that I've spoken to about gliders in the past month either knows someone who bought one from PPP or saw them at our local fair. If the only thing that I do is pass on the GC website, at least I feel that I've done something. Keep up the good fight and bless you!

Re: Tulsa State Fair & Pocket Pets - 09/27/08 10:16 PM

hug2 You can have as many of those as you need from me. My heart hurts for all those babies.

Re: Tulsa State Fair & Pocket Pets - 09/27/08 11:24 PM

Is there no way to find out where these folks will be before they get there?

I remember seeing PPP at a festival around Houston a couple of years ago (3 maybe). It was the first time my daughter and I had ever heard of such an animal and we were soooo tempted!!! Fortunately we did not buy from them ($$$$), I probably would NOT have found GC back then.

Re: Tulsa State Fair & Pocket Pets - 09/27/08 11:29 PM

Originally Posted By: BeckiT
Michelle, if you think my brochure would be of any help, you're more than welcome to use it wink

www.glidinhigh.com/soyouwanttoownasugarglider_brochure.pdf

Thats awesome girl!!! I am going to print that off and offer it to any of the teens that my daughter shows our gliders to. I know of several teens right now that are intending to ask their parents for a glider as a Christmas gift! This will either help them decide against a glider, or at elast give them some good info to get them started! YOU ROCK!!!

Re: Tulsa State Fair & Pocket Pets - 09/27/08 11:30 PM

They did not pre sign up they are not in the book they hand out to fair go'ers.

Well wish me luck going back now.

Also this is Pocket Pet are they the same as PPP?

Re: Tulsa State Fair & Pocket Pets - 09/28/08 01:20 AM

No they don't let people know when they will be there. We got a baby recently and then decided to get a mate (before I came here) I emailed them and asked and they couldn't give me any info for anywhere let alone my area. I am grateful at this point for that but still they keep it very close to the chest.

Re: Tulsa State Fair & Pocket Pets - 09/28/08 03:37 AM

Originally Posted By: BelladonnasMom
Thats awesome girl!!! I am going to print that off and offer it to any of the teens that my daughter shows our gliders to. I know of several teens right now that are intending to ask their parents for a glider as a Christmas gift! This will either help them decide against a glider, or at elast give them some good info to get them started! YOU ROCK!!!
Thank You :blushes:

Also this is Pocket Pet are they the same as PPP?
Yes, Pocket Pets = Perfect Pocket Pets = PPP wink

Re: Tulsa State Fair & Pocket Pets - 09/28/08 03:56 AM

YOU ROCK!!!

couldn't agree more.....that hard work has stopped a few impulse buys at our local pet store......

Re: Tulsa State Fair & Pocket Pets - 09/28/08 04:33 AM

Who sent the MOJO? Not one glider sold in 4 hours.

A fight tryed to break out in front of me the last 30 minutes of the fair so I decided to move and get closer to one of the exit gates. Oooh I think their was about 30 teenagers getting ready to hook up but the police where their as they tried to swing.

Anyhow I was wrong on the cage size they are 18X18X24 inchs. The wodents do not have gaurds on the wheels and they sell sprinkle fresh powder for in the bottom of the cage to cut down on (fruit flys???). What ever it is the gliders can reach it through the bottom. Also the frame going around the door will rust I saw it. The wire is not the heavy wire and is thinly plastic coated.

Re: Tulsa State Fair & Pocket Pets - 09/28/08 02:40 PM

Good luck in the struggle today Peace!!! You are wonderful!

Re: Tulsa State Fair & Pocket Pets - 09/28/08 03:00 PM

Good luck in the struggle today Peace!!! You are wonderful!

Thank you very much. I will start later today because of people going to chruch. Also it was very hard yesterday to park so I just want to do it one time today.
Posted By: dranger1108

Re: Tulsa State Fair & Pocket Pets - 09/28/08 05:27 PM

good luck Peace!

Re: Tulsa State Fair & Pocket Pets - 09/28/08 06:15 PM

Michelle - please don't think of it as you didn't save 4 babies, you EDUCATED FOUR PEOPLE who will educate ten more, and so on. Word of mouth advertising works BOTH ways!! With our wildlife group I always end up at the same events as these people. I hand out information and in the past six months I KNOW I have stopped many of their sales and educated many people If I reach one person, I've had a great day. People now come and say "Ok I've listened to what they had to say, now I want to hear what you have to say". I hand them my flyer on why NOT to purchase an animal at a fair, festival or trade show and I say "I don't expect you to believe me, but I want to give you some places to go in order to research on your own and make an informed decisioin based on the information you can find". First I send them to GC, then USGN and SESG. I tell them to google "sugar glider" because then, they have the option of reading information that I didn't provide to them. 9 out of 10 email me and thank me for steering them in other directions. I always offer to help them find a rescue or a local, responsible breeder at no charge to them and they know that my only reason for doing so is to help the gliders. I have nothing whatsoever to gain by helping them as I don't even charge an adoption fee for my rescues so it's a win-win for them.

I have a lot of info that I can send to you as well that we have good success with and you're welcome to use whatever you can. I'd also like a copy of that video if you wouldn't mind.

You have done an AWESOME job!!!!

Re: Tulsa State Fair & Pocket Pets - 09/28/08 06:18 PM

Oh and peace, I have one of their cages and the wire has in fact, rusted. They also use galvenized wire to hold the cages together. The little clip rings or whatever. The cage was so small, to make it suitable to even hold a joey I had to cut the shelf out of it as there was only a four inch or so gap with a ladder so as tiny as the cage is, their construction actually cuts it in half. There is NO ROOM for a glider to uhm, GLIDE.

Re: Tulsa State Fair & Pocket Pets - 09/28/08 06:42 PM

Thanks for all the suport I am off to the fair again.

Re: Tulsa State Fair & Pocket Pets - 09/29/08 12:52 AM

I wish you the best of luck.
Posted By: Sheila

Re: Tulsa State Fair & Pocket Pets - 09/29/08 01:53 AM

Michele, Anita called me today and said people were calling her and had been to the fair. I am glad they did not call me today. I might have some time on Tues., but that is the only time this week I have because I am going out of town Thursday. I do have some time next week if you aren't in jail by then. Bless you for doing this. Anita said she is going to call Nancy (USDA) which is what needs to be done.

Re: Tulsa State Fair & Pocket Pets - 09/29/08 11:33 AM

Thanks I pleeded again at the Fair office to do something. I think I am coming across as a nut case to them.

I only handed out 20 pamplets Sunday. I am so tired and sunburned now. I will go back again today to see if anybody follows up on my complaints. I am also thinking that maybe somebody did talk to them and maybe that is why fewer are being sold now. Another thing I think might have happened is people are going home and RETURNING to buy their suggie joeys. I never did step foot into the building this time I know they have got to be wondering why I keep going back by now. The only thing I feel I can do at this point is wait at one end of the building and wait for the cages to go by.
Posted By: BCChins

Re: Tulsa State Fair & Pocket Pets - 09/29/08 12:21 PM

Michelle you are doing all you can with your "one woman show".
You can only do so much alone and you are either persuading people not to buy or at least getting them the RIGHT information if they do buy. I wish I was there to help you out but remember we are with you in spirit helping you get though the day.

Hugs

Re: Tulsa State Fair & Pocket Pets - 09/29/08 12:38 PM

YEAH Michelle!!
I hope you are feeling great today. You SHOULD be. You have done everything you can, and that is more than most people do (OK, people on GC are usually an exception to this rule) smile
As Suggie owners we feel we need to educate people on the Sugar Glider, and I think that is the correct stand to make! Like all animals, and activists, GOOD correct information is the real weapon, and you seem to be fully armed.

The first week I had my gliders, I saw PPP at a fair here in SC, and I was running around giving my phone number to strangers. I get it!

Another good deed you are doing is to motivate those other people on GC to do the same when they see PPP at their local festival! So, I digress...
I hope you feel GREAT today!!

Love,
Sari smile

Re: Tulsa State Fair & Pocket Pets - 09/29/08 02:11 PM

Ooooh Sari, I wish I knew you then. I almost got arrested at that fair! And, I didn't even DO anything, but the cop kept telling me to shut up and I kept saying, But, isn't this a free country? I have a right to speak with whomever I choose to speak to whether you like it or not. He kept threatening to arrest me and I kept saying, explain to me what I've done WRONG and I will correct it. He finally told he he was going to throw me to the ground!! I was like, calm down Barney....no need to get violent....LOL
Posted By: pappy1264

Re: Tulsa State Fair & Pocket Pets - 09/29/08 02:15 PM

Laurie, sadly, money can buy protection for these mill breeders. I am so proud of everyone that goes out and tries to get the word out about these people......(guess there is one good thing to living in place they won't be able to sell in.......)

Re: Tulsa State Fair & Pocket Pets - 09/29/08 02:18 PM

Yep, you got a point there. Until recently, GA was an illegal state and the minute they changed the law, they set up shop. I'm already hearing of gliders in rescue.

Re: Tulsa State Fair & Pocket Pets - 09/29/08 02:29 PM

I've said it before, will say it again. I am so on the fence on the law changing. I LOVE suggies and think for the right people, they are wonderful.....but they are so cute, it is way too easy to impulse buy them. I don't want them to be 'the new cute critter to have', to be dumped 6 months later, wild and scared. It is sad.

Re: Tulsa State Fair & Pocket Pets - 09/29/08 02:40 PM

Ok off to the fair now. wish me luck.

Re: Tulsa State Fair & Pocket Pets - 09/29/08 03:02 PM

GOOD LUCK COMING YOUR WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
P.S. Do some shopping while your there, and calm down. We don't want to hear anymore about "chest pains"... ok???? hug2

Re: Tulsa State Fair & Pocket Pets - 09/29/08 03:05 PM

Ok off to the fair now. wish me luck.

exclamation good luck!

Re: Tulsa State Fair & Pocket Pets - 09/29/08 10:23 PM

Ok I am back early today. WHY? Because they are not selling them today jump jump jump . Ok now they say they are out of pouchs and will not sell without the bonding pouch,but I also heard they had no more cry. Sold out cry So I do not know whats up dunno . But they will be selling tommrow cry. I went to the office again and said hey nobody has got back to me yet and I wanna know why. Well again I give my name and info. Karen which is some how involved did talk to me and assured me that her and Mark (the CEO of the fair) would check it out as soon as his meeting was over. Any how I went ahead and left because they are in fact not selling the gliders (I will go back tonight late to be sure)before leaving I went back to the office to see if any thing had happened. Reseptionist (sp) said no. I said well I will be back tommrow see ya.

So for 6 hours no gliders where sold!!! dance

Re: Tulsa State Fair & Pocket Pets - 09/29/08 11:00 PM

I hope something is done. It's so sad that the people who run these state fairs don't know/don't care about who they allow to be vendors. Would they allow a known puppy mill to set up a booth? shakehead

I kept my eyes open at the Missouri State Fair back in August, but I didn't see any glider booths or hear anyone talking about gliders. I hope they feel like it's small enough so that it's not worth their expense to come.

Re: Tulsa State Fair & Pocket Pets - 09/30/08 03:21 AM

They sold out of gliders and have to get more. cry cry cry cry cry

Re: Tulsa State Fair & Pocket Pets - 09/30/08 12:08 PM

Michelle, maybe that was just their excuse? They probably weren't making any money because of some angel that was educating people, so they took the rest of the day off! hug2

Re: Tulsa State Fair & Pocket Pets UPDATED - 09/30/08 12:48 PM

No they are in FACT still selling the gliders the customer just has to wait for the joeys to be shiped in. The people are giving them their money and getting the cage setup and only have to come back to pick up their joeys. I had gone back last night and SAW it with my 2 eyes. cry cry

Now they don't have the joeys when the USDA should be showing up. The new shipment could be 8 weeks I know all the 3 week old ones have been sold and are gone. cry cry
Posted By: hushpuppy

Re: Tulsa State Fair & Pocket Pets UPDATED - 09/30/08 01:54 PM

Michelle, is there anyway that you can find out how they recieve these gliders? I know that is asking a lot, but it would help because there are laws about how animals can be shipped. Some states require inspection of animals shipped into the state. Some don't.

Re: Tulsa State Fair & Pocket Pets UPDATED - 09/30/08 01:57 PM

Originally Posted By: hushpuppy
Michelle, is there anyway that you can find out how they recieve these gliders? I know that is asking a lot, but it would help because there are laws about how animals can be shipped. Some states require inspection of animals shipped into the state. Some don't.

I have no clue how to find out. I am gussing they will arrive by vehicle. Oklahoma has no requirements.

Re: Tulsa State Fair & Pocket Pets UPDATED - 09/30/08 02:20 PM

Poor little joeys!!! I am just sick over this...

Re: Tulsa State Fair & Pocket Pets UPDATED - 09/30/08 11:21 PM

well...
maybe since the USDA had a complaint, they will ask for info on the pleatherer (spelling?) of customers that bought Joeys, and they can follow up with a hand full of customers???????????????

Re: Tulsa State Fair & Pocket Pets UPDATED - 10/01/08 12:05 AM

The phone calls have started. People are still buying empty cages.

Re: Tulsa State Fair & Pocket Pets UPDATED - 10/01/08 12:40 AM

at this point i just want to curl up and hide.

Re: Tulsa State Fair & Pocket Pets UPDATED - 10/01/08 12:44 AM

heart hug2 heart

Re: Tulsa State Fair & Pocket Pets UPDATED - 10/01/08 01:09 AM

Ugh! heard that they were on the local news too... cry

Re: Tulsa State Fair & Pocket Pets UPDATED - 10/01/08 01:30 AM

Well I know I am gonna be prepared to sit at the fair next year for the whole week and hand out flyers and such. What they are doing is criminal!

Re: Tulsa State Fair & Pocket Pets UPDATED - 10/01/08 02:39 AM

Originally Posted By: dranger1108
Ugh! heard that they were on the local news too... cry

Hmmm, maybe that's the way to do it? Do a call to the news channel that aired them, and let them know you have a follow up story for them, facts about these animals that people NEED to know before buying!... I don't know a reporter that would turn down a story! hug2

Re: Tulsa State Fair & Pocket Pets UPDATED - 10/01/08 02:50 AM

buying empty cages and waiting for babies frown cry

Re: Tulsa State Fair & Pocket Pets UPDATED - 10/01/08 03:12 AM

Our local Fox 23 did a story on animal wefare at the fair. Nothing was said about the Sugar Gliders but I did post a comment hoping they will check up on it. I gusse you have to pm me for the link because it is news and GC will not permit the link.
Posted By: Thezoves

Re:PPP coming to Arkansas again - 10/01/08 03:08 PM

I was on Hot Springs Convention Center`s site and PPP is listed to be here in April 2009. I e-mailed the people that rent the spaces and told them who and what PPP are. If anyone knows of info on PPP that I can forward to the Home Show maybe they will think twice about letting them set up. Maybe if more glider owners E-mailed the Convention Center it would have a greater impact. I have been contacted by so many customers wanting to sell their babies that they purchased from PPP at the Home Show this past spring it is unreal. I keep sending these folks info on proper diet, vets to take them to, the railroad etc. Also if someone could please E me the info that everyone is handing out at these events to their customers it would be greatly appreciated by me and the poor little gliders they sell. I`d like to be ready for PPP if they show up again.

Thanks Annette
870-867-5116
diamondsaz@alltel.net
http://www.exoticsugargliders.net

Re:PPP coming to Arkansas again - 10/01/08 03:22 PM

Originally Posted By: Thezoves
I was on Hot Springs Convention Center`s site and PPP is listed to be here in April 2009. I e-mailed the people that rent the spaces and told them who and what PPP are. If anyone knows of info on PPP that I can forward to the Home Show maybe they will think twice about letting them set up. Maybe if more glider owners E-mailed the Convention Center it would have a greater impact. I have been contacted by so many customers wanting to sell their babies that they purchased from PPP at the Home Show this past spring it is unreal. I keep sending these folks info on proper diet, vets to take them to, the railroad etc. Also if someone could please E me the info that everyone is handing out at these events to their customers it would be greatly appreciated by me and the poor little gliders they sell. I`d like to be ready for PPP if they show up again.

Thanks Annette
870-867-5116
diamondsaz@alltel.net
http://www.exoticsugargliders.net

Do all you can before they get their. I have been having no luck at all stoping them here. Can you pm me the links and i will email them. Hot Springs is not that far from me. Also watch because they have droped the perfect part off of their name to confuse researchers efforts to get info.

Re:PPP coming to Arkansas again - 10/01/08 03:25 PM

Also the info I handed out is from Jackie Chan's Mom and Amanda81's wallet info. PM me and will send you the stuff.

Also I would start a new thread so your local GC people will know they are coming.
Posted By: Thezoves

Re:PPP coming to Arkansas again - 10/01/08 06:22 PM

My E mail info is listed above.
Annette

Re:PPP coming to Arkansas again - 10/02/08 01:11 AM

I woke up last Sat. to discover about 30 emails from people wanting gliders. Being a breeder, it isn't highly unusual to get inquires, but these were different than usual. I could tell that they were all people who were uninformed. One of the last emails I read stated that they had seen gliders at the Durham Fair the evening before. The only reason they hadn't bought any right then and there was because they figured $500 was too much to spend and thought they could get a cheaper setup from a local breeder. Emailing some of the people got me responses that confirmed Pocket Pets was at the fair. Since Sat am, I have returned over 80 emails from people wanting gliders. I have told them all the downside of glider ownership that PPP will not tell them, as they do not want to lose a sale. I gave them all links to a few great pages for research and told them to join here. Even though I will not sell to them, if they really want gliders, they will get them. My biggest fear is what is going to happen in a few weeks or months when all of they people that DID buy joeys last weekend want to get rid of their babies. I am over capacity and cannot take in any more rescues. As it is, I am already planning to retire half of my breeding pairs. CT does not have any rescues, as gliders are so rare in our state. Now that PP has come through, we will be waiting for the aftermath.

Tulsa State Fair & Pocket Pets UPDATED - 10/02/08 12:49 PM

I just wanted you all to know I am still working on this and have made progress I just can't share yet. They will be handing out the joeys today if their shipment did come in.

Re:PPP coming to Arkansas again - 10/02/08 12:57 PM

This all makes me so angry! Two years ago, I almost couldn't even find a glider, now my heart aches with all the babies that need homes. And this is w/o these mill babies! Something has to be done.......

Tulsa State Fair & Pocket Pets UPDATED - 10/02/08 01:32 PM

Yep they have sold over 500 here so far. i will loose count though when people start picking them up today.

Re: Tulsa State Fair & Pocket Pets UPDATED - 10/02/08 01:36 PM

500.....OMG! I'm sick. What can we do??????

Re: Tulsa State Fair & Pocket Pets UPDATED - 10/02/08 01:41 PM

We have got to let our local venues know about them BEFORE they purchase their booth.

Re: Tulsa State Fair & Pocket Pets UPDATED - 10/02/08 01:42 PM

oh forgot to add that is the ones i counted i did not get them all counted for sure.

Re: Tulsa State Fair & Pocket Pets - 10/02/08 03:23 PM

Give them a kick from me please!

Re: Tulsa State Fair & Pocket Pets - 10/02/08 04:01 PM

Okay, how many days are left of the fair? I am late come to this thread and as I am temporarily between jobs - I am more than willing to go in each day and hand out info/talk to people. I have already started down the rescue path with gliders in my home and with this many flooding the area - I want this group OUT OF HERE!!!

Another idea we can implement...each of us in Oklahoma can talk to our local PetsMart/PetCo/pet stores and ask to put up an informational flyer concerning sugar gliders. I can develop a flyer that can be printed from your computer and I am willing to be one of the contact people they can call.

Re: Tulsa State Fair & Pocket Pets - 10/02/08 06:41 PM

I used everything I had to get them stop-ed and nothing. First I went to the fair manager 3 different times still have not heard back from them. Got my local news station involved they called animal control for me and within 3 hours Animal Control and the USDA inspector where their. PPP passed as they had 7 joeys and all where the correct age. Animal Control has assured me that USDA will keep going back and checking them. The thing is now they have sold out of joeys 3 times in the last 6 days. Any how I am finished and have got to get back to a normal life again for myself and my pets. I did hand out over 200 info stuff. If I get caught doing it now will be bad since I have called everybody I can and they know I know it is illegal to hand out the info on fair grounds property.
If you want to stop them you need to let your fair grounds and other venues they would be selling at know BEFORE they get to your town.

I do believe that I did cause some problems for them but not enough in my book.

They have dropped the Perfect part to their name so research is harder. Their is Pocket Pets of Dallas (( Steve Larkin)) and Pocket Pets out of Cape Coral FL get this owned by Global Enterprises INC. Inc does mean they can file bankrupcy. Also the word runs together not 2 words but PocketPets.

I saw with my eyes the guys feeding salty human snacks to the show gliders and human vitimin water.
Posted By: Dancing

Re: Tulsa State Fair & Pocket Pets - 10/02/08 07:11 PM

Peace, YOU DID FANTASTIC. You DID make a difference. You and I talked and like I told you...you had one person call you BEFORE she bought from them and is going to go with a good breeder instead. That is a success. Plus you passed out info to many that did buy from them and they atleast know there is "more to the story" about gliders and hopefully they will be responsible enough to seek out more information about their new gliders.

You did GREAT and should be so proud of yourself. I know WE are all proud of what you accomplished!
Posted By: LSardou

Re: Tulsa State Fair & Pocket Pets - 10/02/08 07:21 PM

Ditto! to what Teresa said. You have done a remarkable job Michelle, and please know that the time and efforts you spent will prevail in the long run.
Thank you again!!! hug2

Re: Tulsa State Fair & Pocket Pets - 10/02/08 07:32 PM

hug2 I'm hoping we see them start popping up here at GC...

Re: Tulsa State Fair & Pocket Pets - 10/04/08 08:53 PM

Maybe (wink wink) the mods could create a forum on the top page specifically for folks that have been taken in by people such as this??? Maybe somethings like "Were you taken in by a glider mill?" or "Is your pet not so pocket perfect?" IDK, just a thought. You know whith all the flyers being given out by our glider hero, Peace, that at least some of them have to be dropping in to at least look around.

Re: Tulsa State Fair & Pocket Pets - 10/04/08 09:02 PM

I was at the local animal shelter today and got talking to a lady whose friend also got a PPP from where I did and hers died last week. GRRRR She is getting another from them. I gave the lady this website for her friend so I hope she comes here to check out the real way to care for a suggie.
© 2024 GliderCENTRAL