GliderCENTRAL

What Do YOU Do when PPP is in YOUR backyard?

Posted By: Anonymous

What Do YOU Do when PPP is in YOUR backyard? - 09/30/08 12:54 PM

I would love to hear what you would legally do about PPP if they show up in your home town.
Posted By: pappy1264

Re: What Do YOU Do when PPP is in YOUR backyard? - 09/30/08 01:05 PM

Unless the laws here are changed, they won't be. But I don't think what I would do would be legal, either....

Re: What Do YOU Do when PPP is in YOUR backyard? - 09/30/08 01:12 PM

The only thing I can come up with is people need to let their fair grounds know whats up and what to watch for BEFORE they get their.

They are in my back yard and it is breaking my spirt. I have been doing what I can and handing out my phone number and vets name plus GC's website and basic info. I have now that I know of handed out info to over 100 people.

Re: What Do YOU Do when PPP is in YOUR backyard? - 09/30/08 01:22 PM

I agree, educating the people who don't have a clue may save some the heartache these places bring with them. And perhaps if the demand goes down because people know the truth, maybe they will slow down the numbers. We can't save them all, but we have to try. The sad part is many don't care when there is money to be had, and no amount of education will change that. But you reach the ones you can.

Re: What Do YOU Do when PPP is in YOUR backyard? - 09/30/08 01:28 PM

I tell ya they are awesome sales men meaning they make you belive every word they are saying.

Re: What Do YOU Do when PPP is in YOUR backyard? - 09/30/08 01:38 PM

Most professional scammers are. The expression 'got a bridge I'd like to sell you' didn't start for nothing. And the thing is, they KNOW these people don't know any better, hence the reason they can sell the numbers they do. I'm amazed no one has tried to sue the USDA for licensing them. Really, they sell sick, underage animals, give the wrong info on how to take care of them, if they happen to survive, overcharge for everything....and the USDA gives them license to do so. But then again, they are only in it for the money, as well. Being 'USDA' means nothing nowadays, sadly. I always found it interesting how hard they come down on hobby breeders, but these big money making companies.....course, they don't get money from the hobby breeders.....gee, think that is the reason? UGH. I appreciate all you and others are trying to do in these cases. One 'good' thing about being illegal.....they can't do the 'trade and fairs' here......well, not yet anyway.

Re: What Do YOU Do when PPP is in YOUR backyard? - 09/30/08 01:58 PM

Info to keep in your wallet is in the link in my sig!

I hope everyone is passing them out (or BeckiT's pamphlet) as much as they can! Get that info out there guys. grin
© 2024 GliderCENTRAL