GliderCENTRAL

Our First Tent Time

Posted By: Anonymous

Our First Tent Time - 02/18/09 02:12 PM

Last night we had our first tent time with our new suggies. I took them out about an hour before they normally wake up because their usual wake up time is after my kids go to bed, and I'd love to train them to wake up while the kids are still awake.

Boomer and Tucker loved tent time. They climbed all over us and even gave my youngest daughter kisses. Tucker was fascinated with my ponytail and wouldn't leave it alone. He kept using it as a vine to climb up to my head. Tucker is the bravest of the three boys.

Boomer is Tucker's brother and loves to play hide and seek. He would climb under the piece of fleece we had on the floor of the tent then peek out from under it. When we let him know that we saw him, he'd get really excited and run up one of our arms.

Poor Rocky really wasn't ready for tent time. He's the daddy. He would come to me for yogurt treats, but he didn't want anything to do with play time. He retreated to a corner of the tent and turned his back to us. Boomer kept going over, trying to get him to come play with us, but he just didn't want to. At least he's not biting or running away from us. He's just being shy. Hopefully he'll warm up to us the more he sees the boys playing with us and the more treats we give him.

Here's a picture of Tucker on the top of the tent.

Attached picture 010.JPG

Re: Our First Tent Time - 02/18/09 03:16 PM

That's great that your tent time went pretty smoothly!
Posted By: CharmedSuggies

Re: Our First Tent Time - 02/18/09 03:56 PM

Good to hear you had a great tent time! Rocky will come around soon enough, bless his heart.

Re: Our First Tent Time - 02/18/09 06:18 PM

My babies are so scared of the tent! LOL The are getting better though. I guess they are getting use to it.

Re: Our First Tent Time - 02/18/09 06:33 PM

my lil dante hides in the corner too....he will check stuff out and then find his spot to sit and watch....nero tries to get him to play but dante is still very shy
Posted By: CandyOtte

Re: Our First Tent Time - 02/18/09 06:57 PM

My glider kids do not like the noisy nylon floor in the tent. I use an old fleece throw to cover the floor so they do more running around on the floor and climbing the screens.
Posted By: LabNGliderMom

Re: Our First Tent Time - 02/19/09 02:58 AM

That's why I use a room for tent time... mine hate that sound, too

Re: Our First Tent Time - 02/19/09 05:22 PM

Last night we had tent time again. We brought toys in with us, and Rocky finally warmed up. He played with the toys then slowly worked his way around behind me. While I was playing with Tucker, Rocky climbed up my back then stayed on me for the rest of tent time. He is really a sweet boy.

Re: Our First Tent Time - 02/20/09 12:05 AM

Melissa

I am glad to hear that the boys are doing well. I will tell Beth where to find this post so she can see and read about them.

Please keep us posted on there progress and let me know if you have any questions or concerns!!

Re: Our First Tent Time - 02/20/09 12:09 AM

Chelsie, I'll send both of you an e-mail with pictures once I get them off my camera. I couldn't be happier with my little guys. They are just what our family needed.

Re: Our First Tent Time - 02/20/09 12:40 AM

Hi Melissa!

Way to go. I knew they were going to love you. I agree with giving Rocky time. He was the shy one for me too. He will warm up. Especially with love and treats. These little love bugs can be bribed.
I'll pm you later. I am so happy you all had fun in your first tent time.
Beth
© 2024 GliderCENTRAL