GliderCENTRAL

Gliders and camping

Posted By: Anonymous

Gliders and camping - 03/31/09 12:25 AM

We are planning a week long trip to the lake in either May or August. I can't possibly burden my mom with 12 gliders and 2 dogs. So, we were planning on taking 2 cages with us and leaving 2 cages with my mom.

So, has anyone else gone camping with gliders? We will be staying in a trailer that does have an electric space heater. Anyone have any suggestions or concerns I haven't thought of?
Posted By: rdobbie23

Re: Gliders and camping - 03/31/09 12:41 AM

I took one of mine camping....We use tents, but it was summer and it was above 65 at night. We had him in his cage with 2 comforters over top to help keep any draft or cold out. He did great, it was a two week trip too. My only concern was ticks and fleas. But I checked him twice a day for ticks, and he never once had anything on him!

But I didn't take that many with me either! Hope you enjoy your trip!
Posted By: DeeDancer

Re: Gliders and camping - 03/31/09 12:54 AM

I have taken mine camping in a trailer, and I really doubt you'd need a heater. Honestly, you might actually want the AC. I would also probably bring a dehumidifier since you are in the midwest and I know it can get pretty humid.
Posted By: Donnarae

Re: Gliders and camping - 03/31/09 01:06 AM

We take our gliders camping all summer. They have cages in the camper and it is only about an hour away from home so I only have to put them in fleece pouches for the transport. It works out fine.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Gliders and camping - 03/31/09 01:33 AM

That is the other thing, there is no AC be we have some pretty rockin' fans. Not to mention, the trailer in under a huge group of trees and gets very little, if no direct sunlight. I am more concerned if we go in May because it can still get pretty cold at night.
© 2024 GliderCENTRAL