GliderCENTRAL

Looking for glider art

Posted By: Anonymous

Looking for glider art - 05/13/09 07:07 PM

Hey guys, I'm moving again at the end of summer into my own place, which means a lot more wall space for me to decorate to my liking smile I think it would be really awesome to hang some large charcoal drawings or paintings of gliders on my wall. Nothing cartoon-looking...I'd rather have something fairly realistic looking or that really plays up the effect of light and shadow on the image.

The problem for me so far is that in looking, most of the stuff I find is cartoony. shakehead An anime glider isn't really what I want my guests to come in and see frown Does anyone know where to look for "sophisticated" glider art (not to sound like a snob...I just didn't know how else to put it). The glider painting and sketch that were recently listed in the classified section here were pretty close to what I'm looking for. I'd even be happy to commission someone here with awesome skills to do a few jobs if you could show me some previous work thumb

If anyone's got any ideas on where to look or who to talk to it would be appreciated
Posted By: gliderma

Re: Looking for glider art - 05/13/09 07:47 PM

My logo was done by glirz5 and my tattoo was done by kelli. Is this the type of work you are looking for? I am real happy with the finished result! Don't have the tat yet but will very soon! They both took my verbal ideas and drew them very well!

Attached picture mmgg logo.jpg
Attached picture HPIM2373.jpg
Posted By: konotashi

Re: Looking for glider art - 05/13/09 07:47 PM

Here's a drawing I did a year or two ago.

Re: Looking for glider art - 05/13/09 08:13 PM

Wow Marissa that drawing is awesome. Do you do gliders set in a landscape or could you take a picture and replicate it on a larger paper? (I don't have a picture in mind yet, just wondering...)

Lynn, your first pic of your logo is more the type I'm looking for. LOVE the color. Does glirz5 take requests often?
Posted By: LabNGliderMom

Re: Looking for glider art - 05/13/09 09:08 PM

http://www.artbyjoysite.com/id6.html

she does custom work, too
Posted By: sugarlope

Re: Looking for glider art - 05/13/09 10:30 PM

Yes, Chris (gliderz5) takes commissions as well, just PM her. smile
Posted By: CharmedSuggies

Re: Looking for glider art - 05/13/09 10:32 PM

Yes, Chris is great!

Celeste also does them:
http://www.glidersandgear.com/SUGARGLIDER%20ARTWORK.htm
Posted By: gliderma

Re: Looking for glider art - 05/13/09 10:38 PM

Sorry, guess you already got the answer! I told her what I wanted and sent her a few pictures of my own gliders and she came up with 3 different designs at an extremely affordable price! Just tell her you like my logo and I'm sure she'll do something great for you too!
Posted By: konotashi

Re: Looking for glider art - 05/14/09 01:03 AM

That particular drawing is of Dakota when she was kickin' back in my cousin's shirt. I think I do drawings better when I have references, but I can do them (sometimes) without one. smile

Re: Looking for glider art - 05/14/09 01:08 AM

Thanks so much for the info guys! These really are all more of what I'm looking for than what I was finding! I had no idea we had so many talented people smile I'll have to get to work finding or taking pics I'd like drawn and start contacting people. Thanks again! thanks
Posted By: LSardou

Re: Looking for glider art - 05/14/09 01:18 AM

Here are a couple of pics of some of what I do. I do custom woodcarving and woodburning.

Attached picture Anita.jpg
Attached picture KSGT 20070004_edited.jpg
Posted By: tlc_in_chitown

Re: Looking for glider art - 05/14/09 02:14 AM

Celeste does pretty good drawings as well. Her screen name in CSteele I think. I knew her from wisconsin, but never knew she could draw so well until I saw her on gc. She has a website too. I'll see if I can find it....www.glidersandgear.com
Posted By: glidrz5

Re: Looking for glider art - 05/14/09 12:48 PM

Thank you all for the recommendations. I work in chalk pastels when I do portraits and am always happy to work with you to get the picture you are looking for.

Re: Looking for glider art - 05/14/09 02:46 PM

they are all beautiful.

I love the wood burning
Posted By: Dancing

Re: Looking for glider art - 05/14/09 04:05 PM

Chris said she works in chalk pastels but that's not her only option...

This is a wood plaque that she painted and is one of two that I have. They are two of my favorite peices in my home.

This is just a scanned picture and does the real thing NO justice at all. Her detail is incredible.

Attached picture wood plaque.JPG
Posted By: tlc_in_chitown

Re: Looking for glider art - 05/14/09 07:33 PM

Lots of talent and beautiful artwork guys!
Posted By: Jennifer_Maaske

Re: Looking for glider art - 05/14/09 09:27 PM

chris creations did my baby's shirt...turned out super cute!!
Posted By: kelii

Re: Looking for glider art - 05/14/09 09:39 PM

here's a sketch I did.
http://www.glidercentral.net/ubbthreads/...sale#Post777002
Posted By: TracieB

Re: Looking for glider art - 05/14/09 10:44 PM

I bought the glider watercolor painting kelii had in the classifieds and it is beautiful! I'd give you a link to the picture, but I guess the ad is gone already. ohwell

Edited to say: I found a link to it! Glider Watercolor Painting by kelii
© 2024 GliderCENTRAL