GliderCENTRAL

Association of Sugar Glider Veterinarians Opinion

Posted By: Anonymous

Association of Sugar Glider Veterinarians Opinion - 09/30/09 12:12 AM

Hey everyone,

What is your opinion on the website and vets from http://www.asgv.org/index.php? They seem pretty legit to me; however, I know you here have your opinions and I just wanted to poll the audience. What do you think of them and the information they provide?

There are some informational videos that they provide, which may be of interest as well.

Thanks a bunch,
Alex
Posted By: dranger1108

Re: Association of Sugar Glider Veterinarians Opinion - 09/30/09 12:31 AM

looks like another ppp site...
reading the diet page...
Posted By: Trigger

Re: Association of Sugar Glider Veterinarians Opinion - 09/30/09 12:37 AM

Is this the association that was started by a vet that is funded by PPP? Looks like the same.
Posted By: Berg

Re: Association of Sugar Glider Veterinarians Opinion - 09/30/09 01:09 AM

I was just about to ask this same question. I came across the web site today, and I decided to Google the vet's name before I asked about this. I turned up another site, www.vetspride.com This web site has the same look as the ASGV site, and what do you know, Dr. Brust is recommending the Vet's Pride pellet food. I watched both videos on the site and the two dry foods he recommends are the Vet's Pride stuff and Glide R Chow and vitamins from PPP.

I was initially a little suspicious of the ASGV site when I saw there was no fee for vets to become a member "because of a grant", and that the membership fee value was $39. I don't know of many professional organizations (especially medical ones) that have low membership fees like that (and $39 is a strange number for a professional membership fee). I also thought it was a little strange that you had to enter an email address to look at any of their information. That's when I decided to Google Dr. Brust and see what else I could find out.

If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck...
Posted By: Trigger

Re: Association of Sugar Glider Veterinarians Opinion - 09/30/09 01:50 AM

Yep that's the PPP vet.
My opinion, RUN away as fast as you can. Everyone knows what PPP is about and anyone working with them is someone I don't want any part of.
Posted By: Tish84

Re: Association of Sugar Glider Veterinarians Opin - 09/30/09 01:51 AM

If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck......it's an evil lying duck
Posted By: Jackie_Chans_Mom

Re: Association of Sugar Glider Veterinarians Opin - 09/30/09 01:59 AM

It is just another ploy by PPP to make their mill breeding business seem legitimate to those who don't take the time to think it through and research a bit.
Posted By: Dancing

Re: Association of Sugar Glider Veterinarians Opin - 09/30/09 03:53 AM

yea, all their links to "glider supplies" go to www. sugarbears . com

PPP
arggggggg

Now this is just funny!

Malnutrition and poor care practices usually derived from unregulated internet websites.
Posted By: Srlb

Re: Association of Sugar Glider Veterinarians Opin - 09/30/09 04:00 AM

SCAM SCAM SCAM!!!

Yes, Dr B IS a vet, and yes, he does see gliders...S&S Exotic Gliders to be exact, and he is financed through PPP and they all go in the same boat together. This *vet* has been working and researching gliders for A year...yes that is right I said A, as in ONE year. This came straight out of his mouth and to the ears of someone I trust IMMENSELY...

He is trying hard to get other qualified vets on board with him, I dont see it happening, at least not the way he is hoping for it to go.

It is the veterinarians that are like this guy that make it so bad for the others out there...one bad apple....
Posted By: ValkyrieMome

Re: Association of Sugar Glider Veterinarians Opin - 09/30/09 05:25 AM

But come on guys - admit it!

If you could have your own vet following you around and telling you that everything you do is wonderful and everyone else was just full of it - you'd do it, too, right?

Think of all the people you can own if you have enough money to buy their souls!

Sorry, Virgil. My soul is not for sale. My animals own it ... along with my heart.
Posted By: Dancing

Re: Association of Sugar Glider Veterinarians Opin - 09/30/09 05:40 AM

Quote:
Think of all the people you can own if you have enough money to buy their souls!

Isn't that slavery? Oh way, that's if they own the body. Even slaves retain their souls. Shame on those vets.

Re: Association of Sugar Glider Veterinarians Opin - 09/30/09 08:00 PM

Ah, I'm so glad I asked. After I posted the question I watched some of those videos and read up on their material and was coming to the same conclusions as you guys after I was directed to PPP and the statements about the sugar glider diet from within their web page.

Very interesting the shady lengths people will go to in order to make money.

From what I can tell this website/organization may have just hit the internet; perhaps it would be wise to educate the others here and future visitors about this site by coupling this information with the sticky threads on PPP.

Re: Association of Sugar Glider Veterinarians Opin - 10/02/09 02:44 PM

Yikes!!
They are becoming a virus of websites now aren't they???
Yeah, I just looked at it and there is a section "Is a sugar glider (AKA sugar bear) right for you?"
ACK!!!
© 2024 GliderCENTRAL