GliderCENTRAL

PPP Strikes AGAIN!

Posted By: CSteele

PPP Strikes AGAIN! - 04/02/10 05:51 AM

I was just contacted by a frustrated owner of two PPP gliders! He wants to get rid of them because they lied to him and told him they were easy to care for and would bond fast.

I asked him to call me tomorrow so I could talk with him and hopefully help him! I offered to help him with bonding properly, proper diet and housing etc so he would reconsider trying to get rid of them...

BUT...if he still wants to get rid of them, can anyone tell me who I can refer him to in the WI/IL area? I am not a rescue and besides I have NO room, but can't sit by and do nothing!

Anyone have any suggestions?????

Re: PPP Strikes AGAIN! - 04/02/10 05:00 PM

anybody?
Posted By: ValkyrieMome

Re: PPP Strikes AGAIN! - 04/02/10 05:26 PM

Hey, Celeste-

I have 5 rescues here right now.

I'm not really set up for it, but I do what I can, and have had good luck finding homes for rescues.

If you need me, I'm here. But - I would really prefer that he keep them, of course!

BTW - if they are unneutered ... perhaps he would consider donating funds for their neuter(s) should they end up in rescue? Might want to suggest that!
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: PPP Strikes AGAIN! - 04/02/10 05:28 PM

Originally Posted By: ValkyrieMome
BTW - if they are unneutered ... perhaps he would consider donating funds for their neuter(s) should they end up in rescue? Might want to suggest that!

I heard that PPP is now neutering all males before selling them.

Re: PPP Strikes AGAIN! - 04/02/10 05:35 PM

that's what they told me about a week ago

Re: PPP Strikes AGAIN! - 04/02/10 05:46 PM

*cringe at that thought*
Posted By: Kacy

Re: PPP Strikes AGAIN! - 04/02/10 06:28 PM

where are the gliders located?
Posted By: hpyhwn2003

Re: PPP Strikes AGAIN! - 04/02/10 07:06 PM

*cringe at that thought*

Me too. Makes me wonder how. I got BAD pictures in my head. Alden maybe I can help I've got a few open cages if he can't be talked into keeping them. I've moved all but 2 rehomers.

Re: PPP Strikes AGAIN! - 04/02/10 07:13 PM

He has not contacted me yet so I have no idea where he is from? but he was looking for a rescue in northern IL or Southeast WI so my guess is somewhere between Chicago and Milwaukee.

I would laugh at the thought of PPP neutering every male!!! they are in it for the money and neutering costs money!
so its probably another lie to sell gliders!

Thanks Alden! I haven't heard from him yet, hopefully I didn't scare him off by telling him I would help him bond with them...my fear is he will just dump them so I am going to email him again...

I do have someone who will take them now...thanks everyone!

Re: PPP Strikes AGAIN! - 04/02/10 07:14 PM

don't they broker out as well? so the ones they get are "pre-neutered"

Re: PPP Strikes AGAIN! - 04/02/10 08:05 PM

I think the males are neutered before they sell them. They probably have a "slice em and dice em" vet on hand.
Posted By: WintersSong

Re: PPP Strikes AGAIN! - 04/02/10 10:02 PM

Munch, who came from PPP, was neutered when they sold him to me.

Re: PPP Strikes AGAIN! - 04/03/10 01:23 AM

Good news! Just received an email from the couple with the PPP gliders. They said they were grateful for my offer to help and wanted to keep trying! They did go out and purchase a larger cage than what PPP gave them but still had the heat rock in the cage. They are on glider chow... I told them I would put together a care package for them to get them started smile I don't believe they have a sleeping pouch in the cage either but we will fix that!

I'm just so glad they are not giving up!!!
Posted By: Feather

Re: PPP Strikes AGAIN! - 04/03/10 01:43 AM

That is great news. Are they going to join Glider Central?

Re: PPP Strikes AGAIN! - 04/03/10 03:47 AM

Great news, Celeste!
Posted By: Marsupial_Mayhem

Re: PPP Strikes AGAIN! - 04/03/10 05:52 AM

Originally Posted By: Aimee_K

I heard that PPP is now neutering all males before selling them.

I wonder if they are practicing it themselves or actually taking them to vets? I wouldn't put it past them to try it.

Re: PPP Strikes AGAIN! - 04/03/10 06:29 AM

I wouldn't be surprised if they are just doing it themselves. frown
© 2024 GliderCENTRAL