GliderCENTRAL

Alternatives to Photobucket

Posted By: KarenE

Alternatives to Photobucket - 01/08/18 04:19 PM

Here is a list of free alternatives to photobucket for downloading photos.

Most of you, I believe, had the free plan on photobucket which was okay, but you did take a risk of loosing some or all of those photos.

Years ago you could choose to pay for the basic plan for a minimal fee and feel more secure about your photos/videos. Then we had the notifications the free service or third party sharing was no longer available with that plan frown

I realize many of you cannot afford or do not want to pay for photo hosting. Sadly photobucket was simply easy, and we all got used to using it.

True, they have that high priced $399 plan, but they also have two more less expensive ones. Mine used to be billed monthly so now I guess I will be billed annually. There I think they made a huge mistake and lost many subscribers with the annual billing agree

photobucket plans
Quote:
photobucket
PLUS 100
PREMIUM STORAGE
UNLIMITED SHARING
AD FREE BROWSING
STORES ORIGINAL PHOTOS
100 GB STORAGE
$99.99 BILLED ANNUALLY

EQUIVALENT TO

$8.33/MONTH

SELECT
PLUS 500
3rd Party Hosting
MOST POPULAR
Embed on other sites

UNLIMITED 3rd PARTY HOSTING
UNLIMITED BANDWIDTH
NOW WITH HTTPS SUPPORT
DAILY BACKUPS
DEDICATED URL AND SUPPORT
AD FREE BROWSING
STORE ORIGINAL PHOTOS
500 GB STORAGE
$399.99 BILLED ANNUALLY

EQUIVALENT TO

$1.10/Day

START TODAY
PLUS 50
BASIC STORAGE
AD FREE BROWSING
STORE ORIGINAL PHOTOS
50 GB STORAGE
$59.99 BILLED ANNUALLY

EQUIVALENT TO

$5/MONTH

SELECT
Posted By: Terry

Re: Alternatives to Photobucket - 01/08/18 10:31 PM

Thank you Karen for this information. I have flkr and I can use drop box, but they get complicated for me, probably better after I'm more used to them.

So do think I'm going to loose all my pics on Photobucket? Geese, I hope not!

I'll have to see what goes on with finances over a bit, maybe I'll reconsider photobucket's cheapest plan.
Posted By: KarenE

Re: Alternatives to Photobucket - 01/08/18 11:12 PM

I really doubt you will loose them, Terry. Something happened way back and some people using the free service lost some of theirs. Not sure what the problem was, but that was when I decided to pay for my membership.

Paying monthly didn't seem like much, and as all this trickles down, they may offer that service again once people drop their memberships because they can't afford that payment all at once.
Posted By: mechnut450

Re: Alternatives to Photobucket - 11/29/18 07:50 PM

as of today I am unable to upload any pics to photo bucket and I cant afford to pay for any online site is there a free option I missed out when looking everyone wants money. I am to the point i might just have to have people text me to see the picture of the gliders at this rate lol. (( at least when I am on my wifi I can do so without data usage.
Posted By: Paani

Re: Alternatives to Photobucket - 12/05/18 03:18 AM

imgur is still free and you get 2 GB free for using Dropbox. Microsoft gave me 100 GB storage for downloading and installing Outlook on my new Android phone even though I am not using Outlook for anything.
© 2024 GliderCENTRAL