GliderCENTRAL

Can you feed a 2 week old bml?

Posted By: Anonymous

Can you feed a 2 week old bml? - 06/08/06 03:22 AM

we are getting all the recomended stuff right now but while im waiting i put a little of the parents bml on my finger and the joey ate every bit of it.

Re: Can you feed a 2 week old bml? - 06/08/06 03:26 AM

It is reccomended to leave out the egg shells and wheat germ for babies. Because they are a little to hard to digest for the babies. Around 4-5 weeks you can slowly start adding the egg shells and wheat germ back in.

Re: Can you feed a 2 week old bml? - 06/08/06 03:29 AM

Ok, we dont put in the eggshell in our bml we use calcium powder stuff, but we do use the wheat germ. Is it still hard for them to digest after it has sat for a while and gotten soft? Our bml was made about 2 weeks ago

Re: Can you feed a 2 week old bml? - 06/08/06 03:40 AM

Has it been frozen? If not BML usually goes bad after a few days. the baby foods loose most of their nutrients after 3 days of being in the fridge.

Re: Can you feed a 2 week old bml? - 06/08/06 03:58 AM

yeah, its been frozen in the ice cube trays. is it still good?
Posted By: Dancing

Re: Can you feed a 2 week old bml? - 06/08/06 04:13 AM

Yes it is still good. I suggest you read about how to hand raise rejected joeys HERE . There is some fantastic info there that really helped me with my Duncan (now 12 weeks oop) when he was rejected at 1 week oop.

I used Esbilac puppy milk replacer (found at most petstores and walmart) and a needleless syringe to feed Duncan. The formula needs to be warm, not hot and also the joey must be warm or it won't eat. Make sure you stimulate him to go potty after feeding as they can't do that by themselves at that age. (you can read about that on the site too)

If you have any questions or are having any problems, feel free to call me 913 544 8090. I'll help any way I can.
Posted By: sugarglidersuz

Re: Can you feed a 2 week old bml? - 06/08/06 08:40 PM

[:"green"]Even though the wheat germ has softened up with being in the mixture in the freezer, I would recommend making up a separate batch of BML without it for the joey. It will be much easier on his little system...
HTH
© 2024 GliderCENTRAL