GliderCENTRAL

Fused Eyes

Posted By: Anonymous

Fused Eyes - 12/13/07 08:51 PM

Have you all ever seen a baby's eyes that haven't opened after being OOP for 2.5 weeks? And if so what was done for the baby? I can see what looks like an eye in the socket, but the lids are still fused.
Posted By: Guerita135

Re: Fused Eyes - 12/13/07 10:10 PM

I'm not a breeder, but I think you should probably give it more time.

I know when I was hand-raising 2 kittens one of their eyes didn't want to open so a couple times a day I would wipe it with a rag dipped in warm water. That helped a ton!
Posted By: sugarglidersuz

Re: Fused Eyes - 12/13/07 10:13 PM

If the joeys came out of pouch early, they may not be ready to open their eyes yet. Be patient and wait - they WILL open smile
Posted By: sugarlope

Re: Fused Eyes - 12/13/07 11:06 PM

I got worried with one of my joeys once, I know it was a looonnnnggg wait, but his eyes did open eventually, so as has been said, just give it time. smile

Re: Fused Eyes - 12/14/07 02:35 AM

Thanks for the reassurance. We took him to the vet today and that's what the vet told us--just wait. He squints when a bright light is shined in his eyes and he's very active, so the vet's not worried.
Posted By: pappy1264

Re: Fused Eyes - 12/14/07 03:33 AM

Wyatt's eyes didn't open until 23 days oop!! (I was so scared, but Leyna kept reassuring me. She was right. So give him time, they will open soon.)

Re: Fused Eyes - 12/14/07 04:02 PM

I've had joeys open their eye with in 2 days of come OOP and others that took over 3 weeks (Wyatt's mom Phoebe, actually). That's one thing I've learned never to stress over. Every joey has it's own schedule. Their eyes will open, they will start eating on their own, their tail will fluff out, when they are ready. No sense in worrying about it smile
Posted By: pappy1264

Re: Fused Eyes - 12/14/07 04:23 PM

Wyatt is a carbon copy of his mom, I swear, all the way down to the obsession with my cuticles!!! lol

Re: Fused Eyes - 12/15/07 09:24 PM

Hello all! Just an update...his eyes are open and I overreacted. He's doing great, thanks for all the support.
Posted By: sugarlope

Re: Fused Eyes - 12/16/07 12:41 AM

Yay!!! So glad he's seeing the world now! grin

Re: Fused Eyes - 12/16/07 08:25 AM

their so cute with their eyes all squinted wink
© 2024 GliderCENTRAL