GliderCENTRAL

Albino Sugar Glider

Posted By: Anonymous

Albino Sugar Glider - 04/09/07 08:30 PM

On the main page I saw a all white sugar glider how do you get one and are there any additional health risks involved with having one.
Posted By: dranger1108

Re: Albino Sugar Glider - 04/09/07 08:40 PM

Originally Posted By: Bailey_n_Gizmo
On the main page I saw a all white sugar glider how do you get one and are there any additional health risks involved with having one.

that is a luestic glider... a albino glider has a whit one... in order to get one.. you need gliders that carry the gene for that trait or you buy one from a breeder...
you'll need a very deep pocket book for a white one... roflmao

Re: Albino Sugar Glider - 04/09/07 08:42 PM

Some breeders are selling albino and leucistic gliders.. pretty sure there are a couple available now. To get one, you either have to buy one or breed for one with hets. I don't believe there are any *known* health risks that run with the leucistic and albino genes, but there have been one or two instances of a white glider not making it through something the rest of thier colony did.

Re: Albino Sugar Glider - 04/09/07 08:43 PM

so..........does anyone have one for sale? I would love to get one. I am going to Alaska in May but would love to get my hands on one when I get back smile

Re: Albino Sugar Glider - 04/09/07 08:47 PM

here is a post from a few days ago... i think someone on GC may have purchased him... hes so awesome.. check out the post and theres a link to the website....

http://www.sugarglider.net/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Board=7&Number=255412&Searchpage=1&Main=25566&Words=+BabyDiesel&topic=0&Search=true#Post255412
Posted By: dranger1108

Re: Albino Sugar Glider - 04/09/07 08:47 PM

http://www.sugarglider.net/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=postlist&Board=62

Re: Albino Sugar Glider - 04/09/07 08:48 PM

oh yeh and hes not a LEU i believe hes a "Platinum White Mosaic White Faced Blonde" but hes still very handsome
Posted By: Lynsie

Re: Albino Sugar Glider - 04/09/07 09:01 PM

Also:

Leucistics are $2000-$2500

and

Albinos are $3000-$5000
Posted By: Dancing

Re: Albino Sugar Glider - 04/09/07 10:12 PM

Albino gliders, white gliders with pink, red or burgandy eyes, like any other species does have a much higher risk of health issues as the albino gene is actually a defective gene. Basically, albinoism is a birth defect. They can have a much shorter life span and other potential health issues.

The leusistics, the white gliders with black eyes, are different though. Their color comes from a genetic mutation, not a genetic defect. They do not seem to have the potential for the health issues seen in albinos.

Re: Albino Sugar Glider - 04/10/07 12:57 AM

sigh.........and alas he is sold. Pricilla has emailed me and Im now on a waiting list. If anyone knows of a leusistic, doesnt have to be albino and I guess actually after really thinking about this, It would be a better chioce to get a leusistic.
Posted By: pappy1264

Re: Albino Sugar Glider - 04/10/07 01:26 AM

Did Monster get him? Thought I read that. I LOVE HIM! She is so lucky!!!

Re: Albino Sugar Glider - 04/10/07 01:51 AM

Yah, Monster got that little boy.. lucky brat! LOL
Posted By: myangelbear77

Re: Albino Sugar Glider - 04/10/07 02:12 AM

Also the boy monster got was not a lue or albino he is a platinum mosaic - different thing all together. I know of way more lues than mosaics. I think they are all beautiful and special but mosaics are by far my favorites after creminos which may as well be as real as a purple glider at this point (and cost as much as one too!)!
© 2024 GliderCENTRAL