GliderCENTRAL

What is a possible white face??

Posted By: Anonymous

What is a possible white face?? - 05/16/07 11:37 PM

What is a possible white face/white face het??

I was under the impression that a white face is or isn't...How is it a possible?? Most of the time naming the color of a glider is not usually black or white....However, I thought the case in white faces....is....is there a bar under the ear or not?

White face het??.....Is this term coming back?? has someone else proved this, other than 1 case long ago, where there were several WF's in the lineage??

Please help...I really thought I had this white face thing down....and now I'm totally confused!
Posted By: Xglider

Re: What is a possible white face?? - 05/16/07 11:53 PM

Well … this all just confuses me … lol.. and I took genetics in college … oh well .. use it or lose it .. and I lost it … lol.. but I thought that WF … was as you noted … no hets … lets see what those that know say….

Re: What is a possible white face?? - 05/17/07 01:23 AM

There is no such thing as a wf het. It is possible to have a possible wf glider, though, if the glider is white and has a wf parent. Then it would be sold as a BEW, possible wf. You would not know if it was a wf until it actually produced a wf, because the white coat covers the wf.

Re: What is a possible white face?? - 05/17/07 01:47 AM

Thanks Stacie....this glider ad was NOT for a Leu and certainly had the bar under his ear...But listed as a possible WF/WF Het...UMM???

Re: What is a possible white face?? - 05/17/07 03:48 AM

there are still many people who believe that there are wf hets.

Re: What is a possible white face?? - 05/17/07 04:28 PM

Also, there's people (like me) who tend to put "wf het" in quotes like this... more just to indicate that the joey is from a wf parent and to differentiate it from a gray joey born to two gray parents. But I don't charge any more for them. wink

And there have been rumors floating around that someone has produced a wf joey from 2 "wf het" parents. So there's still speculation that a wf het could be possible...

Re: What is a possible white face?? - 05/17/07 04:49 PM

Yeah...I was not so much asking about the het thing...as the "possible white face"......I thought a wf is a wf if there is no bar under the ear...pretty straight forward, but someone has an ad for a glider with a bar, that is listed as a "possible white face/White face het". So I was wondering what can make it a "possible Wf" other than being a Leu of course.

Re: What is a possible white face?? - 05/19/07 02:33 PM

does anyone remember a thread here about the wf being a protein that is either "on" or "off" and that there is co-dominance regarding this gene?
© 2024 GliderCENTRAL